Eternal Lands Official Forums
bill126

making a map with the map editor...

would it be against any rules to open a map, such as Desert Pines in the map editor, and get an aerial view of it, and then zooming out and print screening the entire map to use as an ingame map and possibly post a link to it on a forum? i have a map that got by doing this (i wont say made, because i didnt really make anything) that i can e-mail someone or i can upload it to a website and give someone a link to it if nessecary.. thanks

-oh and btw, yes i do realize this is not what the map editor is for. i just got playing aroud with it and decided to try this and it worked..

Edited by bill126

would it be against any rules to open a map, such as Desert Pines in the map editor, and get an aerial view of it, and then zooming out and print screening the entire map to use as an ingame map and possibly post a link to it on a forum? i have a map that got by doing this (i wont say made, because i didnt really make anything) that i can e-mail someone or i can upload it to a website and give someone a link to it if nessecary.. thanks

-oh and btw, yes i do realize this is not what the map editor is for. i just got playing aroud with it and decided to try this and it worked..

180978[/snapback]

You mean like the other dozens of player-made ingame 'maps' already done? :bow_arrow:

i thought so, considering 90% of all maps look almost exactly the same and mine kind of fit along with that 90%..

-just thought i would ask since i was told that the maps were copywrited..

Edited by bill126