Gecko_Master

World of Warcraft VS Eternal-Lands

Which game is best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is best?

• Eternal-Lands
    • World of Warcraft
    • Nether

In terms of work and quality, WoW pwns EL badly. It is normal though, they have a lot of resources we can't even dream of. But of course, EL is free and that makes a big difference.

In terms of work and quality, WoW pwns EL badly. It is normal though, they have a lot of resources we can't even dream of. But of course, EL is free and that makes a big difference.

180574[/snapback]

i think the good thingy about el is that its open source :}

Edited by (Athosino)

The Warcraft storyline is... pretty awesome. I'd say WoW, even though I've never played it. But I love Blizzard. With a passion. Seriously... I had an affair with Blizzard.

180559[/snapback]

As long as you used a condom.

180574[/snapback]

Hes right, Blizzard has a huge amount of people working on WoW, while EL doesn't. Both EL and WoW were done very well. I think, as long as the game is fun and worth playing, i don't mind paying for it,

-Edit- im gonna wait 2 more days to see which comes out on top

-Gecko

Edited by Gecko_Master

lol its true wow has alot of fighting, but its the quality that matters. In el fighting is just massclicking monsters - after five minutes the brain activity sinks down to the bottom. you do the same things over and over again and this raises your level. the same with alchemy or any other skill, forthermore you wont be able to trade the goods properly, since the market channel is something like a madhouse/kindergarten. the main feature in el is that you can get into serious issues with your mousehand or die of boredom. In wow you have great possibilities of styling your individual char, you have many different races and many classes too, you can do stuff like tactics and strategy, use distance weapons and a great repertoire of spells. Also ride on various creatures. the tactics and magic in el are very very limited. also you have this thing about buying magic weapons, how crazy is that. dont get me wrong, i dont hate el, i think its at least a funny chat program in a funny drawn "adventure"world.

greets

brim

Why not just play both? EL has a nice, low-CPU usage version... doesn't abuse even a dial-up network, has a reletivly small download package, server's always up anyway, and it never has reached its maximum, so you won't get kicked off...

Doesn't WoW have something like that?

you are all looking at pointless things.. who cares if u get kicked off... its which is more fun, and WoW is definately more fun

Im posting after also playing WOW

Brought up 2 chars at level 60

A nightelf rogue and a Tauren Shaman

But after a while i was so disapointed

Lets see !

Wow:

Advantage: Graphics, Sound, run option,walk option, !(keep count of number of ppl that worked on it)

Disadvantage: No economy(or u may call it very very very poor one)

U don't get to file a complain (well u do but useless) if ur pass is stolen let's say !

No moderators online ever!

Proportions IMBALANCED!

No friendly chats !

No help given to new comers!!

El:

Dizadvantage : Graphics (keep count number of ppl that worked on it)

advantages : Very nice economy ! u can see buy/sell every minute and always have something to buy or sell!

Most ppl are nice

PPL help newcomers!

Chars Balanced in combat!

U can have friendly chats anywhere

I wont say anymore cuz im getting tired!

WoW is better in matter of graphics and maybe HIGH number RAIDS on enemy towns!

Rest it's crap!!

Heres how you get WoW running...

1> install game (30 min. on my comp)

2> creat an account (5 min)

3> download patches (10 min)

4> install patches (20 min)

5> log in and select a server, btw, you only need to do this once then you automatcly log into that server. you can switch ant anytime. and make your character. (first 2 parts, 1 min, 3rd part, 2 - 20 min.)

BTW, newbies can get help from other playing through a gerneral chat.

The proportions are balenced, btw, Tauren are supposed to be #$%@ing big.

you can complain on the site.

they have Game Masters aka moderators

They have an economy, called aucton houses, not the best but it works

Servers dont boot people, they put you in a line. when one person leaves, another from the line hops in.

Heres how you get WoW running...

1> install game (30 min. on my comp)

2> creat an account (5 min)

3> download patches (10 min)

4> install patches (20 min)

5> log in and select a server, btw, you only need to do this once then you automatcly log into that server. you can switch ant anytime. and make your character. (first 2 parts, 1 min, 3rd part, 2 - 20 min.)

BTW, newbies can get help from other playing through a gerneral chat.

The proportions are balenced, btw, Tauren are supposed to be #$%@ing big.

you can complain on the site.

they have Game Masters aka moderators

They have an economy, called aucton houses, not the best but it works

Servers dont boot people, they put you in a line. when one person leaves, another from the line hops in.

180851[/snapback]

LOL u're out of WOW m8

the so called site and Game master u're talking rofl

I belive u werent playing wow when over 500 000 ppl from all servers wrote like 40pages of complaints on forum becuze game didnt worked nor the account pages and no blizzard response!

About auction house u shoul read the scammers thread on wow site to see how many ppl got scammed !

And economy is poor compared to EL where u see BUY/SELL word every 25 secs!

And the queue thingy is ****ed up !! U dont pay 15$ or whatever to stay in line to play!

and u dont have to wait 2 weeks for a Bug report to be read by blizzard with ofcourse no response most of times!

General escape line "Yes hello we are aware of the XXXX problem and curently looking into it" Never and ETA till problem solved and 90% of time problem is not solved !

Example for u : Ive sent 6 times bug reports cuz i died in "Blackrock mountain and my spirit respawned in Tirsifall Glades !! (meaning 1,2 ,34,5,6,7,7 and a half maps away from my death place)

So please m8

and about taurens ! nothing to say of size : Shamans : have healing totems plate mail users, new came addon made em imune to polymorph effects and mind control!

Do ur homework next time m8!

Edited by N1k0n

To all the people saying this game is better because it's free, if he doesn't mind paying, then it shouldn't factor into his decision. Also, it's pretty useless to poll this kind of question here since most of the people are pretty biased and shit their pants at the thought of playing another MMORPG (same thing for any other game forums...Watch, go to a guild wars forums and ask if GW or WoW is better). Back to the question, WoW is the much better game, better graphics, playability, actually has a storyline, etc. The only thing I think EL has better than WoW is the community, and to be honest, EL's community is starting to go to shit as well so that may not be for long. But as stated as before, EL is still in beta and it may get much better eventually, but for now, WoW is the much superior game. PLUS! Blizzard has yet to fail in any game yet, so this game is pretty much guaranteed to be active for a loooong time. Just my 2 cents (not worth as much due to inflation...)

[EDIT] Oh! Many people have different tastes in games, if you rely on everyone else to choose everything for you, you may regret it later, choose which one you think is more fun. Simple as that.

Edited by WoodChuck

BTW, the day WoW was released to the public, it made 10 million in sales, on the first day and got over 200 thousand players. Holy Crap!

Edited by Gecko_Master

BTW, the day WoW was released to the public, it made 10 million in sales, on the first day and got over 200 thousand players. Holy Crap!

180881[/snapback]

yeah and 150 thousand quit after 1st month rofl

looking at this, I think the difference between EL and WoW is like the difference between your backyard/local park/etc... and a big amusement park.

Amusement park has lots of attractions, lots of things to do, things to see, but you pay for it, and you spend most of your time in 2-3 hour lines for 2-3 minute rides...

Your backyard/etc. is generally free/cheaper than an amusement park, and it has ... not a whole lot. It's pretty much whatever you choose to make of it. you have it free to use, but if you want to make it better, you have to invest some time/money/both.

Just depends what your preference is. If you want to pay to play a game that's already there, and finished for the most part, go for WoW. If you want to invest a little time and/or money, and make something into something better, well, here you are with EL. If you really aren't sure, try both. The one that fits you better will become clear.

the fact you are even asking this question means that you are interested in WoW. if you like it then those things everyone is saying about it doesnt matter as much to you.. the good things they are saying about EL dont really matter much either. the money doesnt matter as much to you, and neither does the community (nor should it, seeing as the community isnt as nice as they say it is). go for the one you have more fun with... if you like WoW more but dont like waits, then raid the fridge.

EL by far, WoW is good (played once) but EL is just more community based than WoW, and its more addicting, EL is downright the best MMO ever!

I really don't want to kill this poll yet, but ive descided which im going with. ill play WoW untill ELs next udate. once im bored with EL, ill play WoW untilll the next update, etc. thx for your opinions! :brooding:

pricewise el is the best but since blizzard has a assload of cash they can make a better game :brooding: but it costs lots of money to play lol

Plus Radu rocks. Who develops WoW again?

By the way, my point is that almost everybody on EL who's played more than a week can name the major developers and a few mods. Who develops WoW? Blizzard does. Not people, but a faceless company.

Edited by Kala

By the way, my point is that almost everybody on EL who's played more than a week can name the major developers and a few mods.

181854[/snapback]

and if you play for a few months you could even be one of those developers (not the major ones quite that fast, but still)

plus we have people pretty new to EL who are writting stories that will be put in-game, and/or be part of the official storyline... I don't think that's very common (probably an aspect of the great community issue)