Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

No snow at Isla Prima

Maybe you downloaded that new test version for server port 2002....and used it at normal server port 2000? New test version doesnt have snow.

:blink: I was on test server last nite and it was grass on IP it was awesome so maybe thats wat ya did Enyo *hugs* Cant wait for update :P

Guest Enyo
Maybe you downloaded that new test version for server port 2002....and used it at normal server port 2000? New test version doesnt have snow.

180184[/snapback]

i downloaded it but it's in a different directory under program files called EL .. but i did copy the maps over to the eternal lands directory so i don't know, lol but it's great.. just like i found a cool temple in nordcarn.. :blink:

i downloaded it but it's in a different directory under program files called EL .. but i did copy the maps over to the eternal lands directory so i don't know, lol but it's great..  just like i found a cool temple in nordcarn..  :P

180189[/snapback]

Yeah that does it :blink: The maps changes how you see, but you may occur some problems with them, i.e. you cant enter some place or so.

EDIT: typo

Edited by felkku

It's because some of the .def files don't seem to be added, so you can only access the maps as much as that file has. :omg: (It controls where you teleport where and such)

the update for testing server on port 2002 has a few new maps... the old maps don't work on port 2002, and the new maps don't work on main server... that's why I always say to make a copy of your EL directory and put the update there.

the IDs on stuff have changed between maps, and that is why trying to talk to NPCs or use things like ship flag, doors, etc can fail

the IDs on stuff have changed between maps, and that is why trying to talk to NPCs or use things like ship flag, doors, etc can fail

Not if they were editted with the new map editor. :omg:

Not if they were editted with the new map editor.  :omg:

180219[/snapback]

maybe they weren't then... first time I went to 2002 I hadn't grabbed the new maps yet, and it wouldn't let me talk to the wraith. I updated and that was fixed.

and nearly everyone logging on to that server needed to be told (sometimes a great many times with some people) that they needed to use the new maps (which was found when they tried to leave IP)

Edited by ttlanhil

you know there wernt always snow on IP... think it was added for christmas 2004.. and then kinda stayed that way (dont ask me why:P) looks as good either way - but with the new continent comming, maybe they should stick to a warmer climate on continent 1 and then use a more wide spectrum of climates on continent 2. or maybe there should be a supermarket, or a gun shop. i dont know...

Supermarket would be nice...I like supermarkets...

I miss the old pre-campfire EL, when ent, and...umm...all us unimportant practically nonexistant and slightly transparent ;) n00bs sat around him in a wide open area...and occasionaly in the well (which ALSO has moved from it's original location)

Actually...come to think of it...this is Isla Prima's...5th change, I think...the was BC (Before Campfire); then the campfire (yet no ACTUAL fire, that's quite recent...); then the Xmas version (in other words, a christmas tree next to the fire, but no snow; then the revised version (we didn't always have that cave, or the big lighthouse tower, or...actually...anything you see now...'cept a couple of houses and trees...; and then the most recent...the "winter" version.

Hey...and now that you mention it...

The 3 p2p races were originally centaurs, satyrs, and minotaurs...

How the hell did we end up with gnomes, drageoni, and orchans??! :P

And when are we gonna get a "classic" server with the old models? :P:w00t:

That is all.

~Tum

[EDIT]

Two words...Dark Shadow

Either you know it or you don't. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining it...

n00b.

Edited by Tumaros

What happened with all the changes you made in that darker version....roja was going to make a map with those models?

Edited by Dorplein

Same story as always...stuff began to catch up with me, and the idea dropped.

Maybe someday I'll restart it...again...

But for now, just the images in my mod-infested head are enough to satisfy me :pirate:

And as for a server with old models: I wish ;)

clockus, i disagree...ever tried going to IP with a hangover? :shudders: dont, all that white makes my headache worse, rofl

Supermarket would be nice...I like supermarkets...

I miss the old pre-campfire EL, when ent, and...umm...all us unimportant practically nonexistant and slightly transparent :hehe: n00bs sat around him in a wide open area...and occasionaly in the well (which ALSO has moved from it's original location)

Actually...come to think of it...this is Isla Prima's...5th change, I think...the was BC (Before Campfire); then the campfire (yet no ACTUAL fire, that's quite recent...); then the Xmas version (in other words, a christmas tree next to the fire, but no snow; then the revised version (we didn't always have that cave, or the big lighthouse tower, or...actually...anything you see now...'cept a couple of houses and trees...; and then the most recent...the "winter" version.

Hey...and now that you mention it...

The 3 p2p races were originally centaurs, satyrs, and minotaurs...

How the hell did we end up with gnomes, drageoni, and orchans??! :)

And when are we gonna get a "classic" server with the old models? :PB)

That is all.

~Tum

[EDIT]

Two words...Dark Shadow

Either you know it or you don't. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining it...

n00b.

180531[/snapback]

someone should really give you a beating, boy. Right now i bet you are thinking "Damn Tropicano follows me around! Finds all my posts and then surpresses me!".. And damn, you are right! I actually look up your posts from your profile-page, and then i sit in my chair, staring at it for like 15 mins; thinking of somehting really mean to write, and then i just write everything that comes to mind. :( :smartass: :hehe::bow_arrow: :lol:

Damn, is that what you were doing?

And here I thought you actually had a life :blink::P:hehe:

Ooooh, mark one up for the elf in the brown leather ;)

And right now I bet you're thinking "Damn, tuma replies to every one of my PMs...and dammit I do! I actually read your never-ending stream of private messages in a different window and stare at them for 2 1/2 seconds come up with some lame-ass but uber-obnoxious reply :sneaky:

And ummm ur grammaw wears leather boots!

oooh that's right, hattrick ;)

It's too early to be up :blink:

And ummm ur grammaw wears leather boots!

oooh that's right, hattrick ;)

It's too early to be up :P

181008[/snapback]

Now thats just mean...

You suck! :cry:

:battleaxe: *pwns* :huh: