The Real Console Poll

Which Console will you buy?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console will you buy?

• Nintendo Revolution
    • X-Box 360
    • Playstation 3
    • None

-Nintendo Revolution is really going to save nintendo, as it will have the ability to download every single nintendo game ever made (including gamecube games), and no there will not be touch screen controllers, you can plug your DS into it for optional touch screen compatability. As well as wifi compatability, and wireless controllers. Nintendo has been iffy about release titles but you can at least be sure of a mario related title at launch.

- X-box 360 once again has the most powerfull hardware, yes it is faster than the ps3 cell chip. As well as all games are high def, and a large hardrive (detachable at 20gigs). And X-box actually bought ought 70+ developers from sony (they have the money advantage) and have a solid first release title line-up (elder crolls 4, kameo, ghost recon 3, final fantasy 11 ultimate) and has built in wifi connectivity, and wireless controllers.

- PS3 is using their special cell technology which allows for the most pixels per cm of any of the consoles, this comes at the expense of other hardware as ther is no hdd built in. PS3 also uses the new blu-ray discs which allow for 25gigs on s ingle layer disc, and 50 gigs on a dual layer. Also featuring direct connectivity with your psp, and boomerang shaped wirless controllers. Will play ps1 and ps2 games.

-ALL of the consoles will play dvd's, mp3's, cd's, and have either built in or optional harddrives. All of them also have wifi connectivity.

So out of all 3 of those, i choose the nintendo revolution, hands down, as the ability to download every nintendo game is amazing, as well as the fact that nintendo will be sure to release a lot of great first party titles. X-box 360 will be second, as they are sure to raise the standard of console gaming as we know it. However the ps3 in my opinion is much of the same old same old in a new pretty package. Sony has quantity but not quality in my opinion.

None. I really can't see the purpose in a console system. Sure, Nintendo's downloading sounds cool, and Sony's always been good, as long as I've seen Playstations. Given, Microsoft has the big money power to build better than the rest, if it wants to.

However, when it boils down to it, if I had to choose one of the three, I'd rather just build a good PC.

Xbox 360... revo will be great, but microsoft will be bringing some great games, great NEW games.

179992[/snapback]

It will bring good graphics, but bad game storylines and replay value. Plus Bill Gates decision to put Halo 3 against the PS3 will cause them to lose money.

I say PS3 will pwn it, and if nintendos last stand, aka the Nintendo rev. is unsuccsesful they will most likely sell themselves to Sony as they have a better relationship with them

I don't like console systems... and I'm kinda annoyed at them, because now game developers are forgetting about PCs... no, I don't want to get an emulator

consoles are good for the social gaming I suppose, but if it's a single player game, that defeats the purpose anyway

it's not like the consoles can do anything my computer cant (excluding the games only for console, etc), and my computer is available wherever I wanna go (though when mobile it's a lot less likely I have 'net access)

Nintendo Revolution, what so ever.......

I'd stick with Nintendo, even if Microsoft's or Sony's one is tons better :omg:

You don't get to be the best console just by pumping graphics fuel, sorry PS3

You also don't get the best console place by releasing your console first, sry Xbox 360.

You'd need something different, you'd need a revolution to gaming,

Thank you Nintendo!

Edited by sisteMa`

Plus Bill Gates decision to put Halo 3 against the PS3 will cause them to lose money.

180183[/snapback]

your kidding right? halo 2 was the best game on the list for about half year on most gaming magazines, and from wat they have shone of halo 3, i think it will be better. i would say bill gates desicon would hurt the ps3 more than help. besides thats what BILL GATES said, bungie is trying to make him release it sooner.

this is xbox 360- :brooding::brooding::icon8:

this is ps3- :shame:

Edited by gilthanas

lol nice scarab. anyway.. xbox hasnt just put out great graphic games.. have you played morrowind? have you seen oblivion? have you plaed 16 player halo(2)? have you even played XBOX? lol. its about what it brings to you the player. morrowind created a whole new world to interact with, halo had a great story and was the single greatest fps ever! the sprts games have always been better on xbox. xbox delivers games that gamers want to play. nintendo had a bunch of gimmicks, and ps2 delivered the most games of all.. not all were good btw.

how cant you play console games? they have more control and fluidity than pc. pc is click and type, but through different combinations of buttons you get more control and flow with a console game. try playing halo on pc after playing halo on xbox, youll see a HUGE differance. theres no way you could play super smash bros melee on pc. EL would be way better on console cause youll have more control of your character.. you will move them, not click and wait for them to move themselves. consoles own pc... all pc is good for is internet, computer graphics programs, and mmos

i think the ps3 will come out on top, because, in my case, there are more games to choose from, sequels or not. the way i see it, the way you lookat buying a ame system is this:

nintendo: best gameplay, cheapest, lots of well known titles (zelda, metriod, mario, etc)

Microsoft:best graphics, most expensive, HALO, 'nuff said

Playstation: most games, average cost, a lots of well known titles (FF series, R&C, Jak series, etc)

so whatever you support depends on your value in different fields. personally, i value number of games most. more games=better chance of finding something good.

180160[/snapback]

i hate typing, so i'm just gonna put this up again. PS3 will RULE!!!

your kidding right? halo 2 was the best game on the list for about half year on most gaming magazines, and from wat they have shone of halo 3, i think it will be better. i would say bill gates desicon would hurt the ps3 more than help. besides thats what BILL GATES said, bungie is trying to make him release it sooner.

this is xbox 360- :D  :P  :D

this is ps3- :shame:

180306[/snapback]

actually halo 2 lost a lot of profits due to refunds and returings. mainly because the game was to short

how cant you play console games? they have more control and fluidity than pc. pc is click and type, but through different combinations of buttons you get more control and flow with a console game. try playing halo on pc after playing halo on xbox, youll see a HUGE differance. theres no way you could play super smash bros melee on pc. EL would be way better on console cause youll have more control of your character.. you will move them, not click and wait for them to move themselves. consoles own pc... all pc is good for is internet, computer graphics programs, and mmos

180409[/snapback]

3 advantages of a good computer over a console in FPS games:

1. If you know what you are doing, you have WAY more control.

2. If you can't configure the keyboard/mouse the way you want, and want to use a joystick/gamepad/etc., you can hook it up and configure it, so it'd be just the same as a console game.

3. Multiplayer FPS matches don't have to be played on one screen, limiting the ever-baneful, annoying, and downright "lame" habit of "screen-looking".

the only reason ps3 has the best games is cuz they come out with so many they are bound to get some right (joke). seriously, xbox has some great quality games, quality over quantity.

the only reason ps3 has the best games is cuz they come out with so many they are bound to get some right (joke). seriously, xbox has some great quality games, quality over quantity.

180918[/snapback]

I much prefer RPG's and sports games over any other genres, and PS2 has the best RPG's and all the sports games Xbox has are on all 3 consoles. Also, most games worth playing on Xbox are on PC, so no big loss for me.

I'm not into consoles that much anymore (play EL instead) so non for me.

I'm an old PS player tho so if i bought a new console i'd probably buy ps3 but that's something for father time 2 say, hwo know's i might buy all three and play them and EL at the same time lol

If I were to buy a console, which I'm not, I would go with the Nintendo revolution. Beacuse nintendo doesn't make game discs in a format that can be read by computers.

(CXDX anyone?)

Meh. 2 months after it comes out, the programs will exist to play the games on computer... Comp won't have to wait too long for Blu-Ray disc drives... I hope.

Btw, 48 GB. Huge.