Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lyr

Rant On the World

Thnx :]

And to add to my rant;

People are becoming robotised, they've got no heart anymore, they've got no feelings....

How quick did we forget the reason of Live8 ???

Think about it?

One more thing that pisses me off, religion...

All the wars, they've always been because of religion...

We're all humans for gods sake, doesn't matter what we believe in :\

You don't go around killing people, just cos they believe in something different than you.....

okay, I'll speak some more later on ;)

i agree with you 100% tho im not robotised. i dont have a religion and im not atheist, and i dont believe in the science stuff, i just dont care. i dont see the point in botherin with stuff you dont know about. theres reasonable doubt to EVERY religion, so why believe in something if its not 100% true. kids are raised with certain beliefs, so they dont know any better. its brainwashing. kids are told from an early age what to think and what to believe.. its madness. another thing... christianity makes me SO MAD! i know many christians and they think that all other religions are wrong and that if someon isnt christian they will go to hell. and i asked one onetime, "if a kid is raised muslim, and all they know is the muslim religion, when they die.. what happens to them?" you know what they said? "they go to hell" i punched the person.. and thats a fact.

i agree with you 100% tho im not robotised. i dont have a religion and im not atheist, and i dont believe in the science stuff, i just dont care. i dont see the point in botherin with stuff you dont know about. theres reasonable doubt to EVERY religion, so why believe in something if its not 100% true. kids are raised with certain beliefs, so they dont know any better. its brainwashing. kids are told from an early age what to think and what to believe..

181371[/snapback]

Parents HAVE the right to bring up their children the way THEY want it, not the way YOU want it. If children were brought up without a religion, that would ALSO create some sort of religious Weltanschauung in them. They would most likely grow up as atheists but atheism is just like any other religion, if you define religion by some set of philosophical principles.

Edited by Mireille

3. Wars and Revolutions happen for a reason. What if we helped the wrong side and ended up letting evil win. No one can see the future(but me. :)  ), but damn think about this; what if during the war for america's independence, other countries interfered? we would be toast. because america only won because we used inovative war tactics, (aka not standing in lines) if they had much more people it wouldnt have mattered."Clean Up"??!?! WTF DO YOU THINK THIS IS, HOUSEWORK? These are people you are talking about fuck, we came in there and did what we always did, imposed OUR system of beliefs upon them regardless of their wants or needs. Exactly when did The Lord tell us that our way was right? In fact it totally isnt, Jesus teaches to love each other and spread the word peacefully and live peacefully, Not force others.

and yes I said jesus and The Lord. To Hell with Political Correctness, I am not going to care about what anyone else's religion is, because if they don't like it, ignore it you babies.

reboot only real problem i see in your rant is....there were countries that interfered with our rebelion. french ring a bell? if they hadnt have helped then we would be merely defined as a rebelion. as well as the lines comment...i am not sure what history book you were indoctrinated with but damn thats stupid. back then war was considered a gentlemens game and the ranks would line up and fire volleys at each other.while this was going on of course they would attempt to outflank each other.this happened all the way through out the civil war as well. i should know. my great great grandfather was an officer in the CSA. he mentioned in his journal the brave look in his mens eyes after they fired a volley and could see the fedral ranks taking aim.

oh ya i also see alot of hipocracy in cristianity. like how alot wear these WWJD? bracelets and then say that gays should not have the right to be legally recognized in their marriage.well they also equate jesus with god right? it seems god is rather benevolent and has given us nukes and all these other wonderful playthings and simply has let us figure it out for ourselves. well if god is benevolent enough to give us nukes and we are asking WWJD? (or what would jesus/god do?) then dont you believe that god/jesus would just leave them be and allow them to suffer the consequences of their own actions?

btw- i was raised cristian and am currently agnostic due to the ideal that you cannot make an informed and intelligent decision without knowing all of the choices and what they stand for.

Threads like this one seem pointless to me.  The only reason people read them is to find something they agree/disagree with and then post their own opinion on that person's opinion.  No one really convinces anyone of anything, and nothing is accomplished except the creation of a nice neat little divider line between the people who agree with the original post, and the people who disagree.

181314[/snapback]

I completely Agree and anyone else who disagrees is Wrong! :brooding:

But Honestly! I, on the other hand, really do like Reading Threads such as these and think that they are not quite so pointless. I am a Philosopher by Nature and I like to Moll over the opinions of others, even if they are maybe completely biased and a little nonfactual, all in the attempt to further my understanding of the world and of people in general. Sometimes that even means wading through tons of Crap to find the rare treasure of a Random Bit of Wisdom. Of course, I do not rely only on Forums of pure Opinions as a source of Philosophic Debate but it is one of the best sources in which to peer into the Minds and to understand the Thoughts of the General Public.

Anyway, As for my own opinions, they are wide and far too complex to get into so I'll just say that, on a Personal note, I Agree with many of you on some points and Disagree with some of you on many Points.

But I'll say a few things that even I can't resist, as I am a very opinionated person.

On Bush: You cannot Measure a Man on the Few Good Deeds he had done, though they be Great in Effect and yet ignore the Many Evil Deeds he has done, though they are often Over-shadowed by his Good deeds. Hitler even did a Number of Great things for his country and undoubtedly Changed the World by his few 'Good' Deeds but, in the Light of his Many completely Evil Deeds, his few Good Deeds do not make him a Great Man.

As such, It is far too soon to Judge Bush as a Great Man on the basis of a few Acts that turned out to be Positive when he has also done heinous acts of equal Magnitude and Acted in appalling ways in the effort to achieve his Goals. Especially when much of those results were, in all rights, a game of Chance.

As to Bush's Competency, I have yet to determine. At times, I see him as an utter Loon who doesn't always know where he is at the moment and is possibly merely the Puppet of other interest Groups. Other times, I can swear I can see a Spark of Shrewdness and Cunning just Lying under the Surface that's telling me he knows a lot more then he's telling us and belies further plans yet to be revealed!

Either Way, I don't trust him. I never did and I never will.

On a recurring Topic within this thread: Lies!

One thing you must understand; People Lie to you.

The Government will Lie to you.

The Media will Lie to you.

Yes, even Your Parents will Lie to you.

If they have an interest at Stake, everyone will lie to you if they believe that they Must or if they can get away with it. Anyone will lie to you if you let them. It doesn't matter who it is or their reasons why. Whether it's your Big Brother when he tells you that there's a Monster under your bed or it's your Parents when they tell you that the Tooth Fairy will Give you Quarters for your teeth.

You'd be surprised too how many Lies that you have been led to believe during the course of your life that you don't even realize and are still believing just because someone can give you a good enough Argument as to the reasons why you should.

In a World which has been woven with Lies, there comes a time when you have to decide for yourself whether or not you want to continue to believe what you're told just because you believe that you trust who told you all that you have even been told. You have to take everything that you've ever learnt in the pass so many years and set it all aside! Once you've done that, you go back over it all and either validate or Deny validity of it yourself by going through it all piece by piece and proving it to yourself.

That Means Everything; From your Belief in the Akins Diet to your Deepest Faiths. Set it all aside in the Search for the Truth among all the lies. If you can't prove something for yourself beyond a Shadow of Doubt, then you should never put your complete faith in it and, above anything, you should Never pass along those beliefs to others as though they are Facts.

And I'm not advocating Distrust. Far from it, in fact. I believe Trust and Faith to be powerful tools against the onslaught of Deceit. I only believe in a healthy dose of Skepticism and doubt to aid in protecting your mind from those whom either will Willing deceive for their own purposes or from those who only pass along the Lies that they have also been led to believe.

As a Young Child, I have been the victim of many, many Lies from those who I've trusted and as a result, I lived my life for years believing those lies to be true, often to the detriment to my Mind and Soul. It was only after I was fortunate enough to be exposed to Ideas and Philosophies contrary to what I was told was I able to begin to question everything I thought I knew, though it was Difficult at first. As such, I don't like being lied to and I take great offence at being taken as a Fool. It was because of this that I decided to Follow a Purely Philosophical Path, simply to try to sort out the countless Centuries of Lies on which our world is founded. I know it's a quest that I will never Finish in my Life-Time but even if I help to dispel a single Lie that is taken for granted, I'll die happy.

i punched the person because hes stupid for being so ignorant.

181613[/snapback]

We can't go around Punching people for being Ignorant. If we were, then this whole World will become one great Fist Fight.

Remember, there's more people in the world stupid enough to start fights then there are people Smart enough to end them.

its cool tho cuz the dude was a friend of mine anyway. i dont go up and ask random people questions and then punch them

reboot only real problem i see in your rant is....there were countries that interfered with our rebelion. french ring a bell? if they hadnt have helped then we would be merely defined as a rebelion.

I meant if they had fought against us instead. (disregarding the reasons they helped us)

as well as the lines comment...i am not sure what history book you were indoctrinated with but damn thats stupid. back then war was considered a gentlemens game and the ranks would line up and fire volleys at each other.while this was going on of course they would attempt to outflank each other.this happened all the way through out the civil war as well. i should know. my great great grandfather was an officer in the CSA. he mentioned in his journal the brave look in his mens eyes after they fired a volley and could see the fedral ranks taking aim.

Then my history teacher lied, not surprising, as she hated me because I didnt share her views of "AMERICA, THE INFALLABLE."

oh ya i also see alot of hipocracy in cristianity. like how alot wear these WWJD? bracelets and then say that gays should not have the right to be legally recognized in their marriage.well they also equate jesus with god right? it seems god is rather benevolent and has given us nukes and all these other wonderful playthings and simply has let us figure it out for ourselves. well if god is benevolent enough to give us nukes and we are asking WWJD? (or what would jesus/god do?) then dont you believe that god/jesus would just leave them be and allow them to suffer the consequences of their own actions?

btw- i was raised cristian and am currently agnostic due to the ideal that you cannot make an informed and intelligent decision without knowing all of the choices and what they stand for.

181428[/snapback]

See: Political Correctness

:P:P

You say this and then go on to demonstrate exactly what you meant by making a post which requires wading through tons of crap....

Don't take it personally.

181874[/snapback]

Well, Actually I didn't intent of Going off Like that. I never do but for some reason once I start typing and thinking about twenty Subjects at once, I can't help myself but to try to type everything going on in my head at the time, though I try to keep it limited it all to the realivant Topic.

I just like to Think.

I guess I just need to learn not to Think and Type at the Same time, ........ Like some others we all know here. :fire:

*looks around* you talkin about me? lol. ok so right now im going to rant about christians and religion in general.. sounds like fun dont you think?

Part 2. Religion

from the moment a child is born parents try to instill THEIR beliefs into their children. thats all fine and dandy except when the child gets older they wont know of any other possible beliefs except the ones their parents forced on them. sounds like brainwashing to me, dont you think? Christianity is the most hypocritical of all religions. they say everyone is made in the image and likeness of god, but i know many christians who are racist! heck, my town has no form of entertainments but 30 christian churches and 87% of the people in my town are racist. Now i kow i hate prejudice and hypocrits, and yet i hate hicks.. you know why? cuz they are hypocritical christian racisrts who chew tobacco and ride bulls for a living thats why. children are raised believing only one thing, and only being told one thing. me? what was i taught growin up? quite frankly i dont remember if i was taught anything about religion growin up.. i went to a catholic school for a few years cuz i got in trouble at all the public schools... and i fell asleep in church EVERY time. Now because i wasnt "brainwashed" im able to have unbiased judgements about religion. i choose not to have one, im not even atheist. i just dont care how we all got here and why we were put here. people try to answer questions that dont need answering and that there arent answers for! theres no 100% proof of a god.. theres no 100% proof of a big bang. i say, dont bother with it. and to all you who have been brainwashed.. put down the bible, and go play a game.

i just dont care how we all got here and why we were put here. people try to answer questions that dont need answering and that there arent answers for! theres no 100% proof of a god.. theres no 100% proof of a big bang. i say, dont bother with it. and to all you who have been brainwashed.. put down the bible, and go play a game.

182428[/snapback]

THANK YOU! That's what i've been trying to tell all th people who try to use religion as a means of justifacation to their actions. Thats why i just dont follow any religion because, in a few thousand years, someone is ALWAYS gonna figure out and prove that they are all wrong.until someone can prove that thy are right, i wont follow them.

and another thing, i HATE the way devoted christians think that anyone who isnt christian (the word is "heathen" i believe?) just goes straight to hell. i mean, just because someone doesnt believe the same things you believe in doesnt make them "evil".

i HATE the way devoted christians think that anyone who isnt christian (the word is "heathen" i believe?) just goes straight to hell. i mean, just because someone doesnt believe the same things you believe in doesnt make them "evil".

AMEN brother... or sister.. dont really know what you are.. but yea!

i think this topic may end up gettin closed.. i dont see why.. its healthy discussion. if anyone gets all upset about it, its because they cant see passed the beliefs that have been forced on them. everyone can have their own beliefs.. even if they were forced on them from a young age.. i respect their beliefs and ill listen to what they have to say.. but nobody better start forcin their beliefs on more or things are going to get ugly.. and my precious topic will be closed. and nobody wants that :P

oooh. Politics AND religion in one thread.

What's next? Oh, right! Sex.

Well, I will play along.

Religion has always been a very good thing for people to bring them together in a community. People really need that feeling.

What makes a community work is the things that the people have in common or are willing to work together towards. The flip side of this is that communities are naturally exclusive of those who are different for some reason. It is unlikely that you will have anarchists and republicans (note the small letters) forming spontanious communities.

Where this goes bad is a) when the communities are more than exclusive; when they are closed to people due to percieved differences and :D when the exclusions are based on things that make no difference to the core precepts of the community.

This includes racism, both pasive and active. It includes any small minded and destructive behaviour, really.

I have known many religious types who really did try to follow their beliefs. They are a pleasure to deal with. I also know many more people who are part of a church for the sense of security they find in a community. They resent any intrusion into that security and will lash out in the silliest ways.

To blackball religion for an integral part of human nature and relations in also kind of silly. Look to the root of the problem, not at the symptoms expressed by one organ.

Two footnotes:

1) A community that is not exclusive in any way is not a community, it is a mob.

2) I do not subscribe to a religion, but am a big fan of community and culture.

Hope this falls in line with the discussion.

yea thats cool.. yea religion is ok.. but they cant force it on kids.. let the kids decide. and communities are ok, but not my thing

AMEN brother... or sister.. dont really know what you are.. but yea!

182515[/snapback]

ok, just to clear something up, i am a dude. dont worry, you're not the first to make that mistake :)

edit: typo

Edited by roren