Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lyr

Rant On the World

Part 1. President Bush

Im an American, and I watch the news almost every other day, and all I can say is (in the words of dave chappelle) "man, Bush is *beep*in' up!". First off, he cant even talk right. Even I stutter sometimes, but he cant get a sentance out right, and hes supposed to be our leader :P ! Have you ever listened to his speeches? Its almost like watching comedy central, but youre not laughing with him, youre laughing AT him. :devlish:. When he has big conferances, and people ask him tough questions that I actually WANT to know the answer of, he goes off and doesnt even answer the *beep* question! The man is a moron. If youve heard about his oil companies, which im sure you have, than youll know he has no clue how to run a company, let alone a country. About now Id share my views on the war.. well this is a touchy subject, so Ill handle it with utmost care. The war is going nowhere. I respect the soldiers, but the war is pointless. Our men have died fighting a war that will never end. Everytime I hear how many soldiers have died each day, I get more and more angry. Bush has led us into a war we cant get out of, and cant ever finish. There will ALWAYS be someone else, some other terrorist. Things are getting out of control.. and its Bushes fault :confused:. I say, we would have been better off :glare:

Part 2 coming soon!

I say your a dumbass who listens to the media chatter instead of making educated statements. Bush has done lots of good, which isnt news, so the media wont report it. And as an ivy league graduate it is propable he is more intelligent than you are. seriously im getting sick of everyone saying crap about bush, i would like to see them handle the situations he does. Besides opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

I say your a dumbass who listens to the media chatter instead of making educated statements. Bush has done lots of good, which isnt news, so the media wont report it. And as an ivy league graduate it is propable he is more intelligent than you are. seriously im getting sick of everyone saying crap about bush, i would like to see them handle the situations he does. Besides opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

179883[/snapback]

Heh, when he took an IQ test he scored below 100. Do you have anything else to back your statements up? Like... what sort of "good" has he done?

First off, he cant even talk right.

179809[/snapback]

I don't have to read past this to know you're a hypocrite. If you're going to criticize somebody's grammar, then at least type properly yourself. Ever heard of apostrophes? They come in handy to help avoid looking like an idiot.

Instead of continuing to slaughter the English language in another post, reach behind your computer and pull the plug.

Heh, when he took an IQ test he scored below 100

Right im gonna need proof of that one.

Do you have anything else to back your statements up? Like... what sort of "good" has he done?

1. Sent billions in aid to african aids campaigns.

2. Whether you believe in a global terror network or not his efforts have saved thousands, if not millions of lives.

3. He kept liberia out of civil war by sending a platoon of marines to intervene, I mean the place was a civil rights nightmare that noone but bush volunteered to clean up.

4. He crippled the taliban terrorist network, who is not just responsible for crimes against the united states but many other countries, including communist china.

5. He destroyed the Hussein administration and installed a democratic govt in Iraq. And I know from a plausible source (my recruiter) that there is less conflict in iraq then the media want's you to believe, I have spoken with soldiers who went there, and they all said that the citizens are GRATEFULL not filled with hatred like everyone thinks. I even saw pictures of little kids hugging the soldiers, and parents crying in joy... yeah that sounds like hate to me. And I fully plan to serve my time in iraq when they send me there.

6. He spoke out against Trent Lott's divisive Thurmond comment.

7. He is the only president who Openly has allowed stem cell research to be done, this may nt sit well with some people but it allows for the discovery of cures for hundreds of diseases.

2. Whether you believe in a global terror network or not his efforts have saved thousands, if not millions of lives.

5. He destroyed the Hussein administration and installed a democratic govt in Iraq. And I know from a plausible source (my recruiter) that there is less conflict in iraq then the media want's you to believe, I have spoken with soldiers who went there, and they all said that the citizens are GRATEFULL not filled with hatred like everyone thinks. I even saw pictures of little kids hugging the soldiers, and parents crying in joy... yeah that sounds like hate to me. And I fully plan to serve my time in iraq when they send me there.

7. He is the only president who Openly has allowed stem cell research to be done, this may nt sit well with some people but it allows for the discovery of cures for hundreds of diseases.

179928[/snapback]

1. Where's the receipt?

2. Name three people.

5. Bye.

6. So did everybody else in the world?

7. So he's not keeping us from doing research. Instead he'll just stick to banning gay marriage and making me cringe every time he opens his mouth. How generous of him.

oiu...

if we still had the flames forum, i'd say put this there ;)

in my opinion, Bush has done some good, and really isn't that bad of a guy... even though i think that Kerry may have possibly done a better job in cleaning up the huge mess. then again, maybe not...

-Kat

For one thing, yea Ive heard of apostrophes, just dont use them seeing as you can still read what Im typing cant you? When youre typing fast you dont really think about ALL the lil (yes I said lil) details. Personally I think Bush has played more golf than anything. Remember that time when he was talking about the terrorists and how they must be stopped, then said "now watch this drive" and proceeded to hit the golf ball..... think about it. He may be on ok guy, but hes not a leader thats for sure. He may have saved millions of lives, and I applaud him for that, but where are the weapons of mass destruction. I havent seen any, have you?

-- and yet continues to hold back from the amounts of aid necessary. He also thinks that because he is born again, he can inflict his views of contraception on an area of the world that desperately need it. This in my mind is the same as genocide. Both Bush and the Holy See have been telling millions of AIDS victims (most of who could care less about Christianity in the face of poverty, starvation, AIDS, and people trying to kill them) that condoms are wrong. Well done 'W'. Hope you are proud.

--Granted. His initiatives here are above par on the world stage and he and his administration deserve credit.

3. He kept liberia out of civil war by sending a platoon of marines to intervene, I mean the place was a civil rights nightmare that noone but bush volunteered to clean up.

--A whole platoon? To one nation? OK. I will admit that this is worth credit. I could probabbly even find Liberia on a map...

4. He crippled the taliban terrorist network, who is not just responsible for crimes against the united states but many other countries, including communist china.

--Yep. No argument there. He even managed to bring the world together for a common cause; and then flushed it all down the toilet immidiately after. Great staying power there.

--Again, Kudos. This is one area where I think he and his administration deserve praise. Not only for taking the initiative (though their handling of the UN and others could have been more tactful...) but also for stiicking with it so far. Good luck in the future.

--Well this is a no brainer. I am somewhat embarassed for you that you even brought it up.

--Well behind several other countries, and with such serious constraints on it that any progress will take decades longer than necessary. Baby steps, I guess...

As for him being smart because he attended an Ivy League school... I hate to burst your bubble. Anyone from the right prep schools and with the right connections can attend those schools. Those of his classmates that I have talked to personally had very few good things to say about him, his study habits, his overall intelligence or his integrity. Granted, most of them had not had to deal with him since the college days, but overwhelming personal opinion has convinced me that he is less than a paragon of American virtue. He has proven time and again that his buisness acumen and leadership skills are sadly lacking.

In his favour, I saw him speak when he was in Texas. Back then, he could put together a complete sentence, follow a topic to its conclusion and make a pretty good arguement. That was a few decades ago, though, and he bears no resemblance to that person anymore.

Taken as a whole, I do not like GWB. Not as a person, not as a leader. He and his administration have done some really good things, some really high-profile things, and a whole slew of marginal and dumb things. In American history books, he will be well remembered. The rest of the world will look back and cringe at how Amercan foreign policy failed her at the start of the 21st century.

scarab2k you can add your replys here to the post about why people don't like you. :hug:

Bush is just a yes man for big business. He gets money/contributions from them and bends over and lets himself and all Americans take it from behind. Everything listed as something good he has done is a JOKE. Oh well besides all this he has my vote..........as worst president ever.

Heh, when he took an IQ test he scored below 100. Do you have anything else to back your statements up? Like... what sort of "good" has he done?

179909[/snapback]

Wasn't it you and Kala that said IQ does not measure someone's real intelligence? Something about geniuses could have 100 or less and idiots could have 140s? :hug:

even IF that is correct Daxon, Dubya is in no way shape or form a genius.

180005[/snapback]

And I guess you are right?

And as an ivy league graduate it is propable he is more intelligent than you are. seriously im getting sick of everyone saying crap about bush, i would like to see them handle the situations he does. Besides opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

179883[/snapback]

The fact that Bush is an Ivy League university graduate only proves how exaggerated and undeserved its fame is.

scarab2k you can add your replys here to the post about why people don't like you. 

I'm entitled to have an opinion, just because you hate bush doesn't mean I have to.

I'm entitled to have an opinion, just because you hate bush doesn't mean I have to.

180016[/snapback]

It's not about what you think, it's about the way you present your views.

its all good er'body. now harm no fowl. this isnt against each other, its against or for bush, most of us are against. im cool with scarab, he didnt bother me.

Edited by Lyr

WARNING LANGUAGE

179928[/snapback]

my comments are addressed to the bolded number statements.

1. excuse my language but....fuck the african aids crisis! that is my friggin money that is being sent over in grant form, which only puts the country in a further deficate (sp?) and lessens the chance that i will ever get any benifit from paying my goddamn taxes. dont get me wrong i dont like to see people die but did we the U.S.A. do anything to cause aids leading us to pay them for damages incurred? if anything we should be paying them to stay in africa to die so they dont come here and spread any more of that crap.

3.i ask again why the hell are my friggin tax dollars being spent to traumatize (sp?) our own soldiers in a 3rd world country that holds no benifit for me the american tax payer?

5. why give the iraqis a democratic form of government when we dont even have that in our on country? look it up in the Constitution of the United States of America! furthermore if you can find anywhere in the Constitution of the United States of America or the Declaration of Independance the word "democracy" then i will personally kiss your bare ass on the steps of capitol hill and give you 30 days beforehand to gather an audience to watch.

oh ya and on a sidenote would you please get your own shtick? you post this bull about being a thread killer (my job) and now you say one of my same sayings. (only minorly simplified) the one about oppinions and assholes i believe it is. anyways if you are going to immitate me please get a brain first. otherwise seeing as how you are a soldier and all please perform that scene from Full Metal Jacket where the one guy goes psycho and blows his own brains out while on the pot. Note: i am not condoning violence against yourself just giving you something to think about. besides your recruiter is not a reliable source. to make the cause seem righteous he or she will tell you anything. it just depends on whether you are enough of a tool to believe it or not.