Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Ring of WTF?!

Uhm, interesting idea, but completely stupid and useless ??

Who 'normal' will use a ring if he know that it only generating negative effects/events ?! I'm talking about regular players, not masochists or something...

Implementing things such like this is just waste of time and HDD space :/

180222[/snapback]

Are you talking about the "WTF ring" idea or about your post ?? :lol:

If you had read the whole post you should have noticed this about the Roanof Island amongst many other thing, in case you cant do it by yourself, here you have a little example of thing that have been posted:

GENIOUS!!!!! ... try having a few more good things happening with the WTF ring, like a chance of getting x amount of gold, exp, etc

About half of them should be positive, like "Adds random amount of random item", like 14 impatiens&35brown rabbit furs :closedeyes:

More effects...

Teleports you to each map (perhaps the teleport room locations).  You have 10 seconds at each location and then get teleported to the next automatically.  Call it the "Quick Tour" effect.

Midas Touch effect - first item in your inventory that you touch becomes gold coins (if you have 147 blue lupines, you would then have 147 gold coins)

how about a chance to go to some random spot on any random map (including roanof)? heh, id spend millions of gc just for the chance to get there  :P

And imagine harvesting 10k blue lupines and turning them into meat:

Touch of meat

Everything you harvest turns to, meat! (20 min)

- Seems you did not read the whole thing, and just got impressed by the "WTF" string. For sure, some time ago maybe thought that "fluffy rabbit" was a ridiculous name, luck that nobody trusted that opinion. Nothing personal, Regards :)

About positive things and related to the unicorns thread in the forums: unicorn horn dust appears in your inventory. Could be used to summon a unicorn or to increase any level in 1 point (for example).

About negative ones: a curse... you become a zombie, translated, it would mean that your material points, reaction and magic levels are all lowered (dunno what amount could be right). You take them off if:

1.- You pay a highly qualified white mage/necromancer to remove it. The amount would be based on some levels calculations: a base formula could be 1k*[oa]^1.1 + 0.5k*[alch+(a+d)/2] <--- Insert in this parentheses any other habilitie that is specially profitable. I know that is too generalised, but you get the idea...

2.- You use some strange item like the unicorn horn dust, previously exposed. Then the curse is gone :P

- Just some ideas. Regards.

<edit: added the power 1.1 to formula, so the thing is not so lineal>

Edited by m_bee

I think it's a good idea. It will certainly make crafters quite rich. Similar items are extremely popular in other games. I think most of the effects should be mild, but strange (the "touch of meat" one cracked me up, but 20 mins is way too long. 2 mins is more than enough time to fill your inventory with veggie steaks). I'm pretty sure that the game doesn't support this right now, but the ring could make you look like a rat/beaver/bunny/whatever for a few minutes. Also, I think Ent would get a kick out of it being called "Chaos Ring", but "Ring of WTF" would fit in the game just fine.

P.S. :D

Ech, m bee... i did read all posts, just there was NO positive events posted (dont even know if roanof island is a reward, cuz THERE IS NOTHING worth to see or make) and everybody just made race here: who will develop more nasty negative effects will win or something... and 1 sentence saying: there should be 50/50 positive/negative effects, what an genious idea...

oh yea and people would wanna use them "lets get sent to ip for an hour great fun" :icon13: and wtf does being made pkable do?? everyone is pkable when they walk into pk maps.

:rolleyes: Great idea!

The only problem is that some people might find the name inappropriate, its a great idea, but the name could use some work :glare:

PS

How about "Spin" (you rotate 360* every 2 min)?

for once in my life i agree with kit this would be a kewl ring , i like tanyia's suggestion of gypsy ring...and some ideas are just bizarre

180591[/snapback]

You mean Miss Lyanna's suggestion ;):pirate:

And for the record, I would like more positive things as well.

We could call it "Ghrae's Ring of WTF?!" Afterall, after talking to me, many people ask "WTF?!" ;)

But hey, if it got in the game, I wouldn't mind another name either. I just thought the name I gave it stood out and sounded like a lot of fun :pirate:

Guest Enyo
Uhm, interesting idea, but completely stupid and useless ??

Who 'normal' will use a ring if he know that it only generating negative effects/events ?! I'm talking about regular players, not masochists or something...

Implementing things such like this is just waste of time and HDD space :/

180222[/snapback]

i agree with gen :pirate:

Lighten up people it's a game its suppose to be fun and some of these effects would certainly be funny. Use your imaginations and lets come up with some positive effects.

how about kiss of death - every monster or pk able person you click on dies instantly limited time say 5 mins

armor increase of say 50% for 20 mins

instant harvest - as soon as you click on something your inv is full also limited time say 10 mins

invincible - say no matter what you fight you take no damage but your att does not increase so a newb could fight a fluffy and only be doing say 5 damage to it every hit but it is doing no damage to him. he gains a ton of exp but better hope it is dead before effect wears off

I have always enjoyed grab bags and thats what this ring amounts to. you never know what you got till you open it. I for one will go broke buying this ring (you know how us masochist are) :confused:

where'd i go? - invisable for half an hour (unless you attack something or use magic on someone)

sight upgrade - true sight for 30 mins

ghost world - You cant see or hear anyone else and they cant see or hear you (including monsters) for 10 mins

joker locator - get teleported to the joker

full stumach - You food level doesn't decrease for 5 mins no matter what you do

ummm to the dude before kedan..umm they are working on Shapeshifting sooo look for that, and would like to see this in game even though its like .....a year old lol

:) I wonder if this will ever happen...

it would be interesting to see it. It would be great if you use the ring and a message appears saying something like, "The ring lights up, and suddenly disappears, as if nothing has happened. WTF?"

It would be fun if you had no idea what the ring did, and it would be sort of a surprise when you find out (if you ever do).

The point of this ring is to be a surprise, and just think what a surprise it would be if you unknowingly had "Midas Touch effect", mentioned by Ghrae, and clicked on your precious thermal serp.

if this ring existed and was affordable I'd buy at least 50 of them.

Edited by Mr_I3Lack

It's nice to see this idea revitalized.

The whole idea was a combination of postive, negative and simply WTF?! ideas. The positives would have to be so great that people would be willing to take a chance. The negatives and WTF?! would either comical or painful to balance it out.

So the real trick is what would be worth enough to make it worth while to players? 10x chance to produce rare items (RoP, Modables, etc)?

Increase defenses for 1 hour (att, def, phys, coord, heat, cold, radiation)?

Random chance at 10,000xp?

Remember, it would have to be great enough that they will take the chance of hitting the negatives.

Nice idea !

And a fail on crafting ring could change the normal ring (diss for example ;) ) to an hidden "Ring of WTF".

It looks like the normal ring, but reveals its true nature when you use it.

Or a possibility of changing the apparence of the WTF ring to a normal ring...

Please re-read:

The whole idea was a combination of postive, negative and simply WTF?! ideas. The positives would have to be so great that people would be willing to take a chance. The negatives and WTF?! would either comical or painful to balance it out.

Just a thought:

Why couldnt it be that when you use one of the so called 'normal' rings, ie Tele, Dis, Damage, there is a slight chance that it can do what the 'ring of wtf' would do...

roleplay - The craftsmanship was not of a high enough level to contain and channel the magical powers harnessed within the item (of course its just a random chance, say 1/20000, not linked to crafter level) leading to some unexpected results. Contact your crafter immedietly and seek medical help.

Imagine in a battle you go to use a dis ring, but instead you're screen goes blurred and your mouse vertices are reversed! or you are lucky enough to get teleported to a random place! Or you turn into a rabbit! some of thye possibilities lead to some quite interesting and fun ideas. You could even turn invisible/lose health/mana/skills/Lose items in the teleport/item multiplies itself in your inv/drops all your stuff/makes you talk jibberish 'I smell of haddock and those are nice shoes. Now get me a brandy and we'll call it even'/sit down with sitlock on (10 seconds?)/..........

Edited by pennifuin