Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Test server bugs

While walking around IP on test server 2, with the new maps, there are a few places (in front of the lighthouse, near the stairs, forgot coords, and in front of beam, near path, pretty close, forgot coords) where you drop down to a tile WAY below all the other tiles.

For the one near the lighthouse I could walk out of, the other one I had to beam.

183627[/snapback]

Are you using the proper maps? The ones for the test server only? That includes IP being green, not snow covered.

...with the new maps...

Yes, I am.

EDIT: Chat bug. I joined market channel, made that the active tab, put a @ before my message, and it went to newbie. Tried typing it in market without the @, it went in local.

Edited by freeone3000

While making my character, I got a black screen. I could input my player's name, password, and could "customize" my character, but I couldn't see what my character looked like at all because the background was black. Hence why Sela looks so strange... lol

This also happened with any new characters I tried to create. I'm using ttlanhil's client thingymabob :P

Edited by Kendai

ok when i try to enable shadow mapping, this happens...

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4773/lines8fj.png

its probably jsut my machine not being up to scratch, but it though it was worth letting you guys know about it.

Also, i have noticed that when people walk it still looks a little wierd, i.e feet moving too fast for how fast the char is actually going, making it look like they;re doing the running man..heh.

also, get some shoulder and hip rotation in there, at the moment it looks like everyones walking around with unwanted arrivals in their undergarments.

Ha Ha! Thats what it is I could not figure out. Hip rotation. Hopefully something can be done about it.

While making my character, I got a black screen. I could input my player's name, password, and could "customize" my character, but I couldn't see what my character looked like at all because the background was black. Hence why Sela looks so strange... lol

This also happened with any new characters I tried to create. I'm using ttlanhil's client thingymabob :P

183656[/snapback]

I found this problem too when using ttl's client. The strange thing though is that when I tried it with Zep's client from July 23 the problem doesn't occur. Also in both version no window opened when I clicked the option button at the bottom. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do though.

Also in both version no window opened when I clicked the option button at the bottom. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do though.

I had the same trouble too. Not sure what it does either...

you can't use storage when over a certain distance... normally

i traded with someone else near the lamp post in VOTD, outside storage range, and that trade automatically opened storage for me... and storage worked.

Actually try opening the storage, then move a little away from it - you can use it from within a distance of 15x15 iirc. Its a trivial change in the server source, I just wanted to make it a fairly long distance initially for testing purposes.

Server programmers, check the dist parameter in add_storage() in add_storager() in ai.c...

this trade and get sttorage worked further than I could open storage and still use... so there may be more than one problems here

When the #username has a name with it in el.ini I can't delete that name from the name slot on the title screen. I had to go to el.ini and delete it to change to a different character.

When the #username has a name with it in el.ini I can't delete that name from the name slot on the title screen.  I had to go to el.ini and delete it to change to a different character.

184203[/snapback]

I don't get this, but I have a suspicion.

try just typing it in without deleting the name. the name should dissapear as soon as you start typing (I play with several characters at times, and this is the behaviour i'm used to now)

though while this may be the server performing as designed, perhaps pressing backspace could clear the box as well. it's not currently obvious

Yes that did work but I think that pressing backspace should still work. Currently it doesn't do anything at all.

Edited by 70347

buddy issues:

the default colour when a buddy is added tp the list is red, the refered colour by those i talked to would be white. putting a different number after the `#accept_buddy name' did not affect this

there is no returned message when you sucessfully try to add someone, until they take action. a message like "Requesting permission from XXX" would work here

and on that note, there's no feedback from #tmth either

Edited by ttlanhil

This may be known, it is quite annoying. I cannot move 1 tile away from where my character is standing. Not sure if this is a recent CVS error or not. But it has been bothering me.

--- Fixed, Thanks ---

Edited by Brom

Somethign seems to be wrong with weapons...I was happily killing bunnies with my tit axe and noticed i wasen't getting very high hits (only 30 to 40)...so i took it off and tried killign them...same hits...it should be much higher with the tit axe...I have yet to try with other weapons.

When I open storage and click Health ess with the "eye" icon, it says Health Essence at the bottom of the window. Then, when I click on a Unicorn Med, it says Unicorn Medallionnce. It works for alot of other things too (Rose Quartz, then Quartz brings up Quartzuartz)

:) Dunian :battleaxe:

Edited by Dunian

When I open storage and click Health ess with the "eye" icon, it says Health Essence at the bottom of the window. Then, when I click on a Unicorn Med, it says Unicorn Medallionnce. It works for alot of other things too (Rose Quartz, then Quartz brings up Quartzuartz)

:P Dunian :battleaxe:

186233[/snapback]

That shouldn't happen with the current client:

void get_storage_text(Uint8 * in_data, int len)
{
if(len>200)len=200;
snprintf(storage_text, len+1, "%s", in_data);
}

Can't cause that. Please update your sources. :)

That shouldn't happen with the current client:

well, it does, and I'm trying to trace back the cause right now (would this be a bad time to say how utterly annoying it is that password is no longer loaded from file? no? well, I'll just put it back how it was then)

void get_storage_text(Uint8 * in_data, int len)
{
if(len>200)len=200;
snprintf(storage_text, len+1, "%s", in_data);
}

Can't cause that. Please update your sources.  :bow_arrow:

186382[/snapback]

this is up to date. but it's also MSVC. I'm looking into it.

Update!

found where the problem is...

in network.c about line 1137 (plus/minus a few, and this is the NETWORK_THREAD version... non NETWORK_THREAD has the bug too though)

if ((received = SDLNet_TCP_Recv(my_socket, &tcp_in_data[in_data_used], sizeof (tcp_in_data) - in_data_used)) > 0) {

this is where it's getting corrupted.

getting a slightly older version of SDL and doing a full rebuild reduced the problem (not totally gone, but it happens less).

bleh.

Update

instead of fixing at the SDLNet function, I've fixed it the other end, where it's prepared to be displayed to storage window.

looks like the problem was that MSVC's version of _snprintf() wasn't putting a '\0' at the end for some reason.

there's a short patch on berlios, and my future builds will have it applied. if this problem shows up in other places (any sort of trailing garbage, includig colour, newlines that shouldn't be there, etc) then similar fixes can be applied.

bleh @ all this MSVC (non)compatability stuff

Edited by ttlanhil

In Ruins of Tirnym around 33,111 there is a staircase up into a mountian side, with statue and doorway. When entering into this area character disappears. Door is also not accessible. I am sure this is a work in progress, just reporting it.

will update more as I find things

Thanks

TW

Edited by ThunderWalker

problem in last update of events.c

i have an azerty keyboard.

it's like ALT key is always push.

Examples : when i push the key "a", i quit the game...

and to make "a" i must do an ALT-A