Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Testing server

Not sure if anyone else had this problem or it was posted, but thought I would post it as it took me an hour of research to correct it...

If you cannot leave IP or cannot enter the tavern in IP, check your server port and ensure it is set to 2002 for test server. One of the installers I used was defaulted to 2000. :hehe:

http://users.on.net/~gingerman/Setup_EL_pre102.exe

updated. new version of a couple of maps, and a couple of new ones included

those who already have a pre102 setup can get the latest updates from http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm of course

186154[/snapback]

after an hour of play a few things i noticed.

1-text is all white both GM and general chat(not sure why)

2-within nordcarn map and nordcarn storage you can hear sound of rain on and off

3- within nordcarn storage the zoom in and out with the scroll mouse button did not appear to work

4-when entering nordcarn tavern. 7 "too many sounds" messages and no sound.

5-inventory drop/pickup numbers are listed as: "1,20,5000,100,250,400" in that order

6-when trying to drop items into a bag only the exact number will drop. example, i had 126 vegetables in my inventory, i tried to drop 200 so that all would drop. This did not work, i had to select 100 then 20, then 5, then 1.

7-cannot enter Whitestone diamond mine, message states you are not close enough, even from inside the entrance (update): i was finally able to get in after frantically clicking around the entrance only one spot allowed entrance and it was not near the top as most were.

will update this post with anything else i find, or let me know where to post and i will move it there, thanks, looks good to me :P

Edited by ThunderWalker

You should not use this client on the normal server. Rather edit your el.ini to say that #server_port = 2002 instead of #server_port = 2000

You should not use this client on the normal server. Rather edit your el.ini to say that #server_port = 2002 instead of #server_port = 2000

186874[/snapback]

this is already done in the installer, and shortcuts are set up, if it's going to 2000, then they went in and changed it themselves

this is already done in the installer, and shortcuts are set up, if it's going to 2000, then they went in and changed it themselves

186876[/snapback]

Or just use -sp 2002 :P

186876[/snapback]

1-text is all white both GM and general chat(not sure why)

Only happens if it's used on the normal server... So we'll see what he says :0)

I did not manually change any settings, as I was under the impression the server defaulted to test server. When i entered into the game under the server option in the settings window the server was defaulted to 2000. I changed it to 2002 in this window and received those results, as i was aware that i was suppose to be on port 2002.

partial paste of el.ini from the download, unedited:

Only directives that start with a # are taken in consideration

Anything else is treated as a comment

For the directives that accept a boolean value (on/off), 0 is off, 1 is on

!!!WARNING!!!

Make a backup of this file, before messing with it. In case it gets corrupted, the game might

not start at all, etc.

Login settings:

#server_address = eternal-lands.solexine.fr

#server_port = 2000

Having a Username and Password defined can be a security problem. Use if you are comfortable

in people that can get to you machine knowing this information

#username=""

#password=""

I will change server port to 2002 in the el.ini and report back. ty

Update: changed el.ini to port 2002 and all appears to be working for what i had reported, sorry and thanks for the assistance.

TW

Edited by ThunderWalker

Changing the port after you connect doesn't work. change it in el.ini and then open the program!

186989[/snapback]

Thank you. I did make this change, and all is well. The download was suppose to work without the edit, which is why I did not initially make it, or look, so my fault. I was just trying to help. Please do not get irritated.

#server_port = 2000

186985[/snapback]

meep... sorry! :P i must have copied the el.ini from cvs to get the new options and forgotten to change port again... I'll make a new build shortly (done and uploaded)

so my fault.

186992[/snapback]

nope, mine

ed: built (with a brand new patch that windows users should enjoy!) and uploaded

ed2: okay, now that that's taken care of and I've cleaned up the patch some (the client version of it is fine, i was just cleaning it up before other devs look at it), i'll say what it was.

basically, if the client is built for windows, then URLs will be opened with the default browser, the right way. no more messing with el.ini, no more browser option in config window confusing people, no more dos window popping up for half a second making people think something odd happened (well, till they've loaded a few URLs via EL)

making this work on *nix would be far harder, though, you'd have to check if you're using KDE or gnome, and use their commands to start the default browser if you are (well, I know you can do this with KDE, haven't used gnome much), otherwise you work in order of preference in a search. which wouldn't be nice.

in this situation, getting the user to edit el.ini or use config window is more appropriate

Edited by ttlanhil

i couldnt get a blue or red x on the test server

also, swears were not blocked

187583[/snapback]

That is reliant on global_filters.txt

Copy that to the (new) clients directory.