Eternal Lands Official Forums
johncbh

Tarsengard sewer is pk now

I suppose somebody is holding a gun to your head and making you fight armed goblins? If you don't want to be stuck with a single spawn or go into PK zones, then fight female orcs or home-key large gargoyles.

Kala, my whole point was that, that is not the case. Merely saying that before and after a certain range of A/D there seems to be alot more choice for non-pk players - the lack of choice makes it harder but no one is holding a gun to anyone's head - 'cept maybe that cyclotourist guy...

I can't wait for all the complaining you'll be doing once you fight ogres. Remind me to quit when you're on male orcs, k?

I made a single post and then replied to yours to clarify - all my complaining - you may be exagerating a little there Kala.

Guest Enyo

to everyone involved.. you can still train in pkable areas. infact, that in itself is a form of training. bring diss and tele rings with you. learn to be on top of things and to recognize danger.

yes, i could be one of those people who come to pk you or i could be the one taking the long walk from hell. :icon13:

No.

Tarsengaard outside has a spawn.

The non-PK cave in Nordcarn has a spawn.

I'm sure there are others if you - get this - LOOK for some.

179933[/snapback]

outside spawn there is only 1 and who on earth knows where that is? tars is big..

The non pk cave is HUGE i have been to that spawn once and it is right at the back of the cave. So at least 30 people train on armed gobs and have 2 spawns to share not even next to each other :icon13:

to everyone involved..  you can still train in pkable areas.  infact, that in itself is a form of training.  bring diss and tele rings with you.  learn to be on top of things and to recognize danger.

yes, i could be one of those people who come to pk you or i could be the one taking the long walk from hell.  :rolleyes:

180485[/snapback]

I guess it is too late for this to be withdrawn...... and That little map really really needs two pk places. It is also obvious that the PK folk need this more than the usual trainers...so I suggest let them have it.

It does not seem fair....but, sitting and awaiting they prey will be a spiritual experience for those who have decided to return to the celler. I spoke to one mug yesterday......and he sent a pm ....saying train in peace..... and guess what?? anyway diss worked just fine!!!!

I can't wait for all the complaining you'll be doing once you fight ogres. Remind me to quit when you're on male orcs, k?

180297[/snapback]

Allow me to retort.....you are missing the point.....here is a clue " playing field and fair"

Just as a point Kala the non-PK cave in Nordcarn spawns a single armed gobbie at a time (and a single female gobbie quite a walk away). It hardly compares to the diamond caves or the garg caves in TG. I'll free admit that I didn't know that there was another armed goblin pop in TG but I suspect that it's another single monster spawn.

If that's the case is the Mods intention that all fighters, irregardless of whether they want to or not, are forced to paticipate in pk'ing at the switch point from gargs to armed gobbies or that the players who choose to avoid pk areas will all cluster around the spawn points for the two armed gobbies in non-pk areas?

There is, of course, no rule which says the mods have to cater to everyone, it's their game and they are entitled to do what they like with it in the end, but it seems contrary to their previous actions that from a/d 40/40 until you can kill trolls they would attempt to leave players with so few choices. We have, after all, been spoilt for non-pk choices before and after that level range.

My 2 eurocent.

180267[/snapback]

just a level playing field........like all these pk people are there to train right???? all of a sudden they are there......gimme a break

Edited by vampireLOREN

I trained on armed gobbies for a LONG time, in the Nordcarn PK cave...

sure i died a few times to PKers...but you soon learn to take a few diss and tele rings with you :rolleyes:

Back when I wasn't busy with other things, I used to train in three places, that Garg cave in Tars and both Nordcarn caves (PK and Non PK). This was when Tars garg and Nord Non Pk caves where first added and where packed with people exploring and training there. I remember sharing the single large garg spawn deep in Tars garg cave with a good 5 people pretty much daily.

Point being both where packed when I last played, all you need is a little patience, just because something is either few in number or being hunted/ trained on by a dozen or so players doesn't meen anything if you have patience.

You can't expect the Devs to dish out more of a specific creature cos people are scared of going to a pk map or too inpatient to wait their turn at a camped spawn.

Edited by Ormus

Thats not the point...the celler / sewer had its pk ....not in use.....then suddenley it is!. The PK folk already have a cave in the same map. Do you really believe that it is neccessary to have two Armed gob spawns both PK????? <_<

Thats not the point...the celler / sewer had its pk ....not in use.....then suddenley it is!. The PK folk already have a cave in the same map.    Do you really believe that it is neccessary to have two Armed gob spawns  both PK????? <_<

180640[/snapback]

It not being PK was a bug and they fixed it. Stop complaining about it not suiting your purpose!

Personally, I think most everywhere should be PK! ref: http://www.other-life.com

Guest Enyo
http://www.other-life.com

180642[/snapback]

btw, i checked out your site and it's very nice.. how are the ants? i know they must miss their goddess, enyo.. :P

Edited by Enyo

It not being PK was a bug and they fixed it. Stop complaining about it not suiting your purpose!

Personally, I think most everywhere should be PK! ref: http://www.other-life.com

180642[/snapback]

ummmmm and why not use the forum to complain???? and to reply to you "everywhere pk???" you would have about 10 players a day ......and 9 of those would be avoiding the tough one...lololol

I don't mind the fact that the Sewers are PK - after all at least half the community are PK players, most of whom I get along with fine - they want to PK and I want to be able to manu things and do a little monster fighting occasionally. If everyone just trained fighting it wouldn't be as much fun (in my opinion). All I was trying to say is that for players like myself who don't want to be involved that this change creates a chokepoint in training for a certain range of a/d. Crannog and Ormus's posts both help me see that there can be ways around this and thanks to both of them for the suggestions :P

As to Learners response saying that he thinks 'most everywhere should be PK'...what can I say except that it pretty much says that my type of playing isn't wanted. Is this a general view amongst the Mods? IF so I'll be unhappy to know that. Surely if most everywhere is PK you can end up with a situation where if a number of bad seeds decide to kill new players that they can effectively halt most new players from advancing and presenting them with a challenge.

If I'm misread anyones intended meaning in their posts I'll be happy to admit my mistake but this is what I've understood from them.

I agree that almost everywhere should be a PK map, except maybe around storage/Isla Prima/inside houses, because it encourages more cooperation (between weaker and stronger people). Plus there aren't many people who PK me... Except noobs with serps looking for a newbie to stab...

havent looked in here since my post... the armed gob spawn in tg is in the graveyard... of course you'll have to go across the entire map to find it first, kill it, then get back to grave before it respawns...

I agree that almost everywhere should be a PK map, except maybe around storage/Isla Prima/inside houses, because it encourages more cooperation (between weaker and stronger people). Plus there aren't many people who PK me... Except noobs with serps looking for a newbie to stab...

180671[/snapback]

yea cooperation... lol

with this you'll just get a pack of power abusers that will pick off people who try to get to maps with resources people need... someone comes to chase them away and they just head to a different spot... if this game was concentrated on a/d maybe it wouldnt be so bad...

All you need to do is give them some insentives to go to collect resources at a PK place, then its risk Vs reward.

After playing a game thats PK everywhere (even offline you can be raided out and killed) you get used to dying while trading. I play another game thats slowly going to be PK everywhere (I know that for sure) and its not going to put me off using a mule/ crafter in a PK place if I need a specific resource.