Eternal Lands Official Forums
johncbh

Tarsengard sewer is pk now

I found out the hard way that the sewer is now a working pk map. Hopefully this will prevent anyone else from losing their items to someone that knows it's a working pk now.

So, does that mean that the Healer's Room is now also a healing area? If that's the case, I think I'm going to shift my office there. :)

-Lyn-

hehe guess notice woulda been nice :)

179446[/snapback]

There has been notice that it would be PK for a while now ... just everyone has been ignoring it.

There has been notice that it would be PK for a while now ... just everyone has been ignoring it.

179447[/snapback]

Not for a long...it was broken at test server few days ago until Mihaim repaired it(and i found it :)), so i guess it was added in yesterday's restart.

179447[/snapback]

I haven't been ignoring it. As you said WOULD be PK. It would have been nice to have known that it was an active PK with the update. The whole purpose of my post was to keep people from getting killed by people who had knowledge that the map was indeed pk now. Alot of us that trained there aren't pkers and the only reason we trained there was muliple armed gob spawns and that it wasn't pk yet. I think it's funny that I was down there off and on all day and the only person that knew it was pk was a relative of a mod and was the one that killed me.

OMG! Now where do we train on armed gobs if everywhere is pk? i had no idea it was pk until i went afk (so did lord_tal) we both got pked :icon4:

Yeah, this sucks to the 10th power. how does roja expect us to train on armed or female gobs when someone is almost garunteed to come and PK us? Armed gobs need a NON PK ZONE!

Yeah, this sucks to the 10th power. how does roja expect us to train on armed or female gobs when someone is almost garunteed to come and PK us? Armed gobs need a NON PK ZONE!

179597[/snapback]

Why? Roja doesn't have to support 'training'

179602[/snapback]

NO? i remember that roja and ent created this game so why not? wasn't training meant to be a part of the game? :icon4:

That was a very bad response, man, of course they dont have to, but it ruins a lot of people enjoyment of the game.

you dont only have to train in attack and defense.

get real, 70 percent of the game is based upon your attack and defense. (drops, pk areas, etc) and while yes there is other stuff such as magic alchemy etc, the people who buy/use from these skills are the fighters, the only exception i can think of is harvesting. :brooding:

Fighting and improving your attack and defense is good. But going to a safe place to 'train' is what I'm saying they dont need to support. Besides, you get better training on a PK map then a non-PK map anyways.

Except when someone like shivar comes along and ruins your training by killing you....

179873[/snapback]

Or like doctor... i don't think i got that much exp when he killed me when i was training with a friend.

So that would only work with a duel-system, not if high-level players just send lower levels to hell with one blow.

Except when someone like shivar comes along and ruins your training by killing you....

179873[/snapback]

Exactly, as I said Roja doesn't have to supply a safe way to 'train'. This is an MMORPG, not a 'train up my levels' game.

Exactly, as I said Roja doesn't have to supply a safe way to 'train'. This is an MMORPG, not a 'train up my levels' game.

Im gonna be brutally honest and say, you take away levveling you take away one of the only things to do in the game. I mean face it, there is no main story, so you have to be content with levelling and pk and chatting, one less thing = less fun. :confused:

It was the last place with armed gobs that wasnt pk... So WOW you tried to make me look like a dumbass and it backfired. ;)

179930[/snapback]

No.

Tarsengaard outside has a spawn.

The non-PK cave in Nordcarn has a spawn.

I'm sure there are others if you - get this - LOOK for some.

Just a thought. Let's just make the entire game nothing BUT pk. Newbies come in, and first thing they see is Shivar's (or any other high-level PKer's) blade. Before long, no more influx of people. Then, PKers have to look for their own supplies, because who's making anything for them? They slaughtered them all, and they left. Before long, the game's empty.

Opinion: PKers have PLENTY of places already to PK. Why do they need more? And why do they need All the spawns of certain monsters? (noting that there are 2 armed gobs spawns that aren't PK.)

I guess only one thing can really be said for non-PKers (like me) who want to train: patience. There are supposed to be more spawns eventually, we just need to wait. In the meantime, it's happy times for PKers.

Just as a point Kala the non-PK cave in Nordcarn spawns a single armed gobbie at a time (and a single female gobbie quite a walk away). It hardly compares to the diamond caves or the garg caves in TG. I'll free admit that I didn't know that there was another armed goblin pop in TG but I suspect that it's another single monster spawn.

If that's the case is the Mods intention that all fighters, irregardless of whether they want to or not, are forced to paticipate in pk'ing at the switch point from gargs to armed gobbies or that the players who choose to avoid pk areas will all cluster around the spawn points for the two armed gobbies in non-pk areas?

There is, of course, no rule which says the mods have to cater to everyone, it's their game and they are entitled to do what they like with it in the end, but it seems contrary to their previous actions that from a/d 40/40 until you can kill trolls they would attempt to leave players with so few choices. We have, after all, been spoilt for non-pk choices before and after that level range.

My 2 eurocent.

Edited by gadai