Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bana

Vials and perks

I think it would be really cool if it were possible to craft vials! As it is now, there is no way to get them but to be grossly overcharged by harvy, or to exploit the low price of mana pots at mira! I think it would be cool to give crafters the ability to make vials.

10 quartz + chisel+sand paper mayby? I think it would be a good idea.

I also think there should be a way to "untake" perks without resetting. for example for neg perks... Godless give -8 PP well, if you were to untake it it would cost 8 pp and 10k maybe. This also adds a way to remove money from circulation, and gives players the chance to redeem themselves from stupid mistakes. Heck it could cost even more than 10k. I am just suggesting :)

ok agree we should be able to take negative perks back but whats the point in taking a negative perk for the extra pickpoints if we'll be returning them anyway after all? you should just make it high cost of money and you can't take the perk again to get extra pp again.

about crafting vials.. it seems a good idea it is indeed expensive to get them right now...

I also think there should be a way to "untake" perks without resetting. for example for neg perks... Godless give -8 PP well, if you were to untake it it would cost 8 pp and 10k maybe. This also adds a way to remove money from circulation, and gives players the chance to redeem themselves from stupid mistakes. Heck it could cost even more than 10k. I am just suggesting :)

178519[/snapback]

What if you removing a neg perk you had two pay two extra PP's back?

no untaking the perk would be because u decided it wasnt worth it, and ud like to go back to being without it again... if u kept ur PP after u untook it, that is just a way for rich people to get all perks and untake them all??

no way, terrible idea... learner might have a better idea, but i think it still would be good to get them all back, after all you ARE paying, maybe there could be a second offer to get 6/8 back with out paying... :)

I think it would be really cool if it were possible to craft vials! As it is now, there is no way to get them but to be grossly overcharged by harvy, or to exploit the low price of mana pots at mira! I think it would be cool to give crafters the ability to make vials.

The possibility of making vials is discussed more, but the option mentioned here wouldn't be cheaper, but much more expensive since at the moment a sanding paper alone costs 10 gc.

Are you suggesting that vials are carved out of blocks of quartz?

I would have thought that a process more akin to glass blowing would be better, using quartz, fire essense (to heat the quartz), water essense (to cool the quartz), and air essence (to blow the form), with some special tool (glass blower?). A fine and delicate art, so a high skill level and knowledge.

a sand paper is 10 gc iirc - so a vial would be much much much more expensive the way you are suggesting Bana

Would be more expensive, unless one sandpaper were to last through 50 vials, since they are more delicate than other items.

eh, i didint know all that was expencive... i dunno, i am mainly thinking i just want to be able to untake perks someday. . .

Ps awesome signature Ailenya!

Edited by Bana

About the vial thing there is enough discussion threads in these forums... I dont know if it would be a good thing or not, and probably, if it is implemented only the time could tell if it is good the the game economy or not.

About the perks thing, I disagree. Negative perks are supposed to be "negative" in any way, if we make them temporary, then there is no negative thing in taking the perk, and it is just a tool to make the game easier than it already is now. If you dont like perks, dont take them, if you like to, then take them. Making perks a temporary tool would mean this:

1.- You take all neg perks.

2.- You put all the thing in will and coordination, big exp boost, very big indeed.

3.- You reach 40/40 exp in one day just fighting.

4.- You take also mm, and start harvesting diamons, another level above 30 in on day.

5-. You sell the diamonds and buy 4.000 books, you read them in five minutes due to the big boost in your will.

6.- You make all the quests in another day, no worries about the monsters and such... This is possible right now, but then it would be easier.

7.- In another day, and also due to the exp boost that the big will will provide to you, you can reach alchemy level above 30 in a couple of hours, just making fes.

8.- Then, due to your BIIIIIG emu, you can get tons of money just harvesting lilacs or diamonds, you save for your thermal sword in one week.

9.- Once you have modelled the character, you take rid of the perks, yes, you dont need that big will now, since there are only a few books left to read, you dont need a so big coordination, your a/d is big now...

As a side effect, that would also promote the character selling, not a good thing... Just my opinion

- Regards to all people :unsure: