Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Carpathius

Map Size Issue

Seems that no matter what I do to this 64x64 map that I'm working with stays at 2.5MB in size. Any idea what could be causing this? I have removed all the extra tile (setting them to 5th row, last column). Is this a common size for maps of this area?

Edited by Carpathius

Seems that no matter what I do to this 64x64 map that I'm working with stays at 2.5MB in size. Any idea what could be causing this? I have removed all the extra tile (setting them to 5th row, last column). Is this a common size for maps of this area?

178070[/snapback]

2.5mb for a 64x64.. well, if I'm not mistaken, White Stone is 128x128 and is only 1.70mb. Oo Have you added a lot of particles or something? Tons of unused objects?

Edited by Daxon

nothing is unused. i removed all the tiles that were not being used even.

the entire section that is walkable is only about 15% of the entire map. all the ohter maps like WS have a 100x more stuff than this map. its really strange.

that came across my mind too and i've already tried it. the basic 64x64 was very small at about 130K.

what i discovered today was that there is an object in the map which i can't get a hold of at x306-y694. I have no idea what type of object it is (2d, 3d, etc), just that it exists as a red dot in the MiniMap view.

I looked at the hex version of the map but I'm not certain how to find coords in there.

You might want to try getting the newest map editor from CVS and see if the problem persists.

just for some quick info here are the totals for the map:

472 3d objects

188 2d objects

15 lights

1 particle

178390[/snapback]

Yeah.. I highly doubt all of that could equal to your bizarre map size..

no it should be nowhere as high as that :S, if you haven't done much on the map maybe you can start again

178590[/snapback]

it would be nice, but ive done enough to not want it done over again. =/

there is a 3d object in the middle of the map that i can not grab, which MAY be causing the issue. I was hoping that a developer or someone who has dealt with this before could give some info on how to get rid of such objects.

any ideas on that?

Can you upload it to somewhere? I'd like to have a look...

You made an 256x256 map instead of a 64x64 :0) I'll try to see if I can convert it, but don't get your hopes up.

You made an 256x256 map instead of a 64x64 :0) I'll try to see if I can convert it, but don't get your hopes up.

178714[/snapback]

well that would explain quite a bit! :blink:

thanks, good luck!

I'm still a little curious how you mixed a 64x64 with 256x256. Oo Considering it is effectively 16x larger. :/

lol well its not to hard to make that mistake when your new to the map editor, you might have opened a map, like WSC and thenstarteed a new map but forgot to change the size of it, so it says at 256x256