Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Paganism

well... I can prove that an omnipotent god doesn't exist...

think about this... could god make a rock so heavy that he could not move it?

he's either unable to make it, or unable to move it. either way, omnipotence is impossible

???? ive never heard of such a thing, what are you reffering to?

???? ive never heard of such a thing, what are you reffering to?

185928[/snapback]

... referring to? the statement covers everything it needs to to make the point

Wow im gunna get me that book! mwahahahah ehem

Uh dont quote something that ttl made invisible for a reason!!

Omnipotence is a word representing something we cannot possibly fathom, so i cant be bothered to try! :lol: (not because im an idiot, but because thinking unthinkables leads to rethinking things already thought, therefore one must then think about things which lead you to think about and re-asses your existence, leading to thinking over things which destroy your identity)

if you gather hensbane at dawn while nude and standing on one foot, and carry the herb in a charm bag, then it will make women fall in love with you.

185877[/snapback]

OMG, it works..... it really works.

OMG, it works..... it really works.

186033[/snapback]

Did you get a polaroid of it? You have to send out pictures to everybody you contact within a two week period, or it won't work.

Did you get a polaroid of it? You have to send out pictures to everybody you contact within a two week period, or it won't work.

186035[/snapback]

lmao pictures of him butt nekkid? ack?

186035[/snapback]

Smeg, the cops who arrested me confiscated my camera.....

I'm not sure whether I actually want to get involved in this conversation or not, but I thought I'd at least try to handle this one:

you know the story of noahs ark?well its a direct copy from the myth the great flood.and the story of adam and eve is a direct copy of the creation story of protheimus and god would fit in with the greek prophicy(one day zues youll have a son that will over throw you)and doesnt gabreail sound like hermes and appolo?and eve is like pandora.i agree with you tthanhil i think its inpossible to be ommnepotent(btw folks dont talk to your preist about this)

185833[/snapback]

sparhawk, when you say that the stories in the Bible are a direct copy from Greek mythology, you're assuming two things: (1) Greek myths came first, before the Bible stories developed; and (2) the person writing the book of Genesis had knowledge/heard of the Greek myths and used them. So, maybe you should go and find out whether this is actually the case or not. Just because they may seem similar doesn't mean that one was a copy of the other. Especially not if Greek mythology developed later than the Biblical texts (in which case, it might be the Greeks that were the copycats), and if the Jews had no contact with the Greeks during the time when the myths were formed.

I won't give you the answers, but I'll rather encourage you to do some digging and find out for yourself. It'll probably be more helpful to you that way. :D

I probably should go after ttlanhil's omnipotent question and Kala's definition of paganism as well, but I guess I'll stay out of it. :(

-Lyn-

I probably should go after ttlanhil's omnipotent question and Kala's definition of paganism as well, but I guess I'll stay out of it. :(

-Lyn-

186204[/snapback]

Too late, you already started! Keep going! :axeman_rune:

We don't care about your siggy, finished what you started

noahs ark versus the great flood

no need to go over noahs ark?yes i think not

heres the ouline of the great flood:zues came down to man kind and went to a manor and told them he was zues(he was disguised else hed burn them)the noble gave a test and slaughtered slaves and fed it to them zues seeing this and mankinds awefulness he went to about to kill all of mankind.protheumus the god who created humans told 2 old wife and husband.create a ship because zues plans to flood the world to rid it of mankind.they hastily built a ship and when it rained were saved from destruction.when it was over they were spared but they were past child beariing age.so zues(seeing what good people the were)told them to throw behind them the bones of their mother.eek creid the old women i refuse to open graves!the old man a much wiser person siad he means gia our mother .with that he threw a rock behind him.it instanly became a man and the women did the same.soon the desendents of these began to repopulate and they vowed never to become corrupt agian.

as you see very simaler and theres other refrences

you do know the bible was compiled and put together by a pagan right?

edit: Roman emperor Constantine the great did the collation and was a known pagan at the time.

Edited by dragburn

true there were others involved but he was the main player who ordered it.

Interesting... but sparhawk, your still not proving Lyn's point, your just relating the two stories, what came first the greeks hearing the story of the bible, or them creating the story?

just pointing out that they might have originated from each other or it might have copiedi mean the cristians might have copied naver the greeks hoh no

Edited by sparhawk

I understand that... :) That's why I'm encouraging you to go find out more about it. There is plenty of historical information out there, if you're willing to search for it. That's one way you can confirm your beliefs or not. It would be better than always wondering "if" they "might" be related or not, don't you think? :) (Aero, I would actually encourage you to do the same, too, before you "give up" on Christianity, so to speak...)

Btw, Grum would probably be better suited to tackling the omnipotence question than I would... I think he's got more training in formal philosophy than me. And as for Kala's one, defining all non-Christian beliefs as Pagan, with the exception of atheism and agnosticism, would probably cause some difficulties when it comes to other world religions (like Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.) :):devlish::)

Okay, now I'm really staying out of it.

-Lyn-

I 'gave up' on Christianity? I never really was Christian in the first place... I just knew about Christian things. I never considered myself Christian, more atheist

jew and muslims come from the same branch as cristianity they are really brothers so all this pagan muslim and jewism cannot be called that because they both contain old testament

cristianity :old testimant new testimant(called bible)

jeduism :old testimant(called torah)

muslim:old testimant and the travels of mohammed( called koran)

so they are almost the same .we cristians are the most ignorent fools around we think everything thats not the same is pagan

Edited by sparhawk

muslim:old testimant and the travels of mohammed( called koran)

186285[/snapback]

AND the New Testament. But for muslims Jesus was just a prophet (in the muslim version, he is called Isa).

I 'gave up' on Christianity? I never really was Christian in the first place... I just knew about Christian things.  I never considered myself Christian, more atheist

186284[/snapback]

Oh I see. I misunderstood then. :devlish: That sorta explains a lot.

-Lyn-