Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumen

flower-monster?:P

well i'm not sure if this is even the right place to post this but hey.. :ph34r: i thought it's a bit different than what EL has now i played with the idea a bit.. so here's what i came up with :blink:

flower.jpg

Visceratio chrysanthus aka meat eating flower..

They would grow on the ground like other flowers, but they would actually be more appropriate to be called monsters because can harm characters who walk by. They would grow in random places on certain maps, only roads would be safe to walk on. So the players would have a choice, either risk getting harmed or poisoned by the flowers and go straight or be safe and walk the roads even though the roads may not always be the fastest way. The harm done to a player would only be 20 to 30 hit points maybe and when harmed the character would not automatically engage in battle like with other monsters.

However you can fight these monsters. And considering they are also flowers you can harvest them as well. But you’d have to kill them first in order to be able to harvest. (They’d have to be pretty strong though.. something like 50 or 80MP(or something like that) and umm.. a/d 36/36 or 40/40). When harvested they could give out pearls..(used for rings and essences) but sometimes they could give out a special pearl called the pearl of wisdom (something like EFEs or even rarer) which would allow you to make special rings or essences that are rare. Or they could be a kind of a wild card.. that if you have that rare flower part then u could choose which enriched essence you’d like to make.

Right.. so after you’ve killed and harvested the flower they’d disappear(like monster and animal corpses do) to reappear in the spawn. That would have to be on a different spot of the area though.. other wise people would mark where the flowers exactly grow on maps and that would be just boring.

So basically this flower would give you attack and defense xp, also a little bit of harvesting. Plus there’s a small chance of getting a real treat from it.

Hope this made sense :S

could be, learner, but the idea isn't too bad.

plus the artwork is alright :ph34r:

I like it... It adds variety, and it is an interesting way to incoorperate "stationary weapons" (previous post) as well as add more variety to the game! (good artwork too xD)

what about also having a small chance of getting armor or weapons from the flowers too, like as the remains of ppl it killed :ph34r:

great idea, never would have thought of this :blink:

Look in the visual art forum, I suggest 2 different monsters like that ;)

177732[/snapback]

No.. you suggested just regular plant monsters. :rolleyes: Lumen actually went into great detail about her idea. :D

It's a cool idea, would be fun if it popps up in diffrent places after it's killed so u'll never know when u'll run into 1. :D

I am assuming that the plant would not be visible (not sent to the client) until it attacks. Otherwise its name and health bar would be visible. When it stops attacking it vanishes.

Can the plant be made to spawn in the same place as an existing (mapped) plant? This would mean that it couldn't drop goodies in the normal sense, since the bag would appear where players cannot tread.

Since it does not move, deathbags would accumulate around it...

It would take team work to harvest -- one character to occupy it by fighting, another to harvest. Don't make it harvestable when dead, this would be more interesting! Of course if the fighter is killed, or suceeds in fleeing (if defending) then the harvester is in trouble.

Also, can its hitpoints recover after a kill? Maybe even increase... Old plants may become well known in location, but very very dangerous.

If it also attacked passing animals then this would be a start of the surrounding deathbag pile (and some easy food).

I am assuming that the plant would not be visible (not sent to the client) until it attacks.  Otherwise its name and health bar would be visible.  When it stops attacking it vanishes.

Can the plant be made to spawn in the same place as an existing (mapped) plant?  This would mean that it couldn't drop goodies in the normal sense, since the bag would appear where players cannot tread.

Since it does not move, deathbags would accumulate around it...

It would take team work to harvest -- one character to occupy it by fighting, another to harvest.  Don't make it harvestable when dead, this would be more interesting!  Of course if the fighter is killed, or suceeds in fleeing (if defending) then the harvester is in trouble.

Also, can its hitpoints recover after a kill?  Maybe even increase...  Old plants may become well known in location, but very very dangerous.

If it also attacked passing animals then this would be a start of the surrounding deathbag pile (and some easy food).

177819[/snapback]

Just have the server select flower(s) that if you harvest them, this spawns there and attacks you. Once the flower gets killed, a different flower on the map at random is picked.

Just have the server select flower(s) that if you harvest them, this spawns there and attacks you. Once the flower gets killed, a different flower on the map at random is picked.

177919[/snapback]

Announced with: Mother Nature is really out to get you...

lol shivar plays games for kids 6+ :(

177917[/snapback]

hey, dont diss mario. those nintedo games can be addictive (says the guy that grew up with a 8-bit in the livingroom :) )

hey, dont diss mario. those nintedo games can be addictive (says the guy that grew up with a 8-bit in the livingroom :) )

178012[/snapback]

i know i love mario :>