Eternal Lands Official Forums
Korhil

Terrorist attacks on London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Cheeky bastards eh?

accounts are varying between two or three casualties to dozens, noone seems to know for sure how many bombs went off either.

We've had worse from te IRA though.

177468[/snapback]

Well, the wounded number is semi-stable: 180+ for sure.

Cheeky bastards eh?

accounts are varying between two or three casualties to dozens, noone seems to know for sure how many bombs went off either.

We've had worse from te IRA though.

177468[/snapback]

GWB will surely utilise it as another reason to continue with that stupid jihad of his...

Let's all thank GWB for making the world a safer place. And prepare for further terrorist attacks. Yaaaaaay!

For those in-game, channel 9 is currently used to discuss the terror events in London.

My deepest sympathies goes to the injured and the families of those who died.

:P

I'd like to add my sympathies and thoughts to those who have suffered and their families.

GWB will surely utilise it as another reason to continue with that stupid jihad of his...

Let's all thank GWB for making the world a safer place. And prepare for further terrorist attacks. Yaaaaaay!

177474[/snapback]

rather than turn this into a political debate, i would rather see ppl offering their condolances to those caught up in this deplorable act.

I for one will be saying a prayer and my thoughts are with the families and friends of those who lost their lives or sustained injuries.

And please give thanks to all of the emergency services for their bravery and compasion during such a difficult time.

It's very sad, and I too would like to offer my condolences to those that were injured or lost a love one.

Last I heard was approx.45 dead and upwards to 1000 injured...

These attacks are cowardly and deplorable. I give my sympathies to anyone affected by this.

177474[/snapback]

You know what, I entirely hoped you were above this, but I see you are not. Terrorists have attacked London, and all you can do is take a cheap shot at "Dubya"? Surely he must be responsible, there weren't any "extremists" before him!

This is not the time for blloated egos and blind hatred. If you want to stand beside the people who do these attacks, I guess I can't stop you. But if you REALLY have any sympathy for the people who were injured or killed today in these bomb attacks, start blaming the real culprits. Blame the terrorists for once.

I'll be praying for all the families who lost a loved one today, and for those who were injured. Though I've heard the reasons they state, I will never be able to comprehend how someone can carry out these acts.

Myself, Michelle_F and our 1 year old baby were out in Birmingham (UK's 2nd most likely target) shopping when we heard the news, and we were petrified, not for ourselves, but for our baby. I never want to go through a day like today ever again.

This is not the time for blloated egos and blind hatred.  If you want to stand beside the people who do these attacks, I guess I can't stop you.  But if you REALLY have any sympathy for the people who were injured or killed today in these bomb attacks, start blaming the real culprits.  Blame the terrorists for once.

177573[/snapback]

I don't hate anyone. And the worst possible thing to do is to blame everything on the evil, anonymous them. In the thread about Michael Crook I wrote that hatred and violence only spawns hatred and violence. Read JaneMuffin's comments to this thread. It looks like I was right after all. Kill them all? Yeah, right...

And I DO feel sympathy for the victims. I feel sympathy for all the victims in the world who are killed EACH DAY in hundreds or even thousands but they are poor and don't speak English so no-one cares.

People killed in London were innocent? Of course they were. It's obvious for me and you. But not for the people who were behind the attacks. For them they were sworn enemies, because they chose Blair who sent troops to Iraq. And don't blame me for talking politics. You CANNOT escape from politics, politics will always get you.

If the West continues its narrow-minded and short-sighted policy towards the poor countries, such attacks will repeat. Maybe even in my shitty country, but there isn't too much to blow up here.

I will pray for the victims and think how many people have to get killed to make those G-8 morons think in a longer perspective than nearest elections (naturally, apart from Volodya Putin, who doesn't think about such thing as elections at all).

No matter how many stupid films you see and how many stupid books you read, reality is NOT black and white. There are countless shades of grey. And thinking in black and white categories led to today's tragedy. Some British are in Iraq so it MUST mean that ALL British are bad, hate islam and so on, and so on, so they ALL must be guilty and deserve a punishment. Is it sick? Yes, but that's where black and white thinking leads you to.

Am I being insensitive? Yes, reality is insensitive. There are no cute unicorns, heroes to save the world or fraternity among nations. There is just deeply-hidden hatred. Grow up.

Edited by Mireille

Cup of tea, stiff upper lip and back to work.

Terrorism fails when there's no terror caused. Didin't even see panic in London today.

Bollocks to the lot of them.

After careful thought this terrorist attack on my country gets a 2/10. Must try harder.

Obviously my sympathies goes out to all the families affected, but bombings are something that the British people are familar with and have always dealt with without resorting to mass hysteria unlike other countries. The UK has dealt with 30 years of bombings from the IRA who were finacial supported by the Americans and the only way it was stopped was to bring these terrorists to the negotiation table.

If you dont give people a voice or if you choose not to listen then they will always find a way to get your attention.

1971: Bomb explodes in Post Office tower

1971: Bomb demolishes crowded Belfast pub 15 dead

1972: IRA bomb kills six at Aldershot barracks

1973: Bomb blasts rock central London

1974: Soldiers and children killed in coach bombing 12 dead

1974: Dublin and Monaghan bomb kills 23

1974: IRA bombs parliament 11 injured

1974: Bomb blast at the Tower of London 1 dead 41 injured

1974: Four dead in Guildford bomb blasts

1974: Bomb blast in London club

1974: Minister's wife survives bomb attack

1974: Birmingham pub blasts kill 19

1975: London Hilton bombed

1975: Bomb blasts rock Northern Ireland

1976: Ten dead in Northern Ireland ambush

1976: Explosions rock London's West End

1979: IRA bomb kills Lord Mountbatten

1979: Soldiers die in Warrenpoint massacre

1982: IRA bombs cause carnage in London

1982: RUC officers killed by IRA bomb

1983: Harrods bomb blast kills six

1984: Tory Cabinet in Brighton bomb blast

1987: Bomb kills 11 at Enniskillen

1989: IRA bombs Tern Hill barracks

1989: Ten dead in Kent barracks bomb

1992: Bomb explosions in Manchester 64 injured

1993: Child killed in Warrington bomb attack 56 injured

1993: IRA bomb devastates City of London

1996: Docklands bomb ends IRA ceasefire

1996: Bomb blast destroys London bus

1996: Huge explosion rocks central Manchester

1998: Dozens die in Omagh bombing

2001: Second blast at London post office

2001: Car bomb in west London injures seven

My sympathies to everyone in London, may your back stay strong and your heart stay beating. To anyone who was injured or had something happen to someone close to them, i am always here for you when you need to talk and i will do my best to help you through this. They picked a bad target, imo. England, as a whole, is far stronger than the US, and London on its own is much more stable than the whole of my country :P. I hope everyone is doing alright, and once again, feel free to pm me if you need anything at all. :ph34r: Stay Strong.

Love and Hope,

Ailenya

was anyone from our el community directly affected by the attacks? (injury, family, friend, etc.)

Ehhh, one (of my only two) cousins was in a hotel near Scotland Yard. One blast happened a few blocks away. Can't say I'm directly affected, but I'm in the mood to shoot those responsible for this. :)

GWB was at the G8 with his mate tony, bombs go off in london... coincidence? hhmm...

the pictures of that bus were horrible and watching the body count climb was no picnic either..

last i heard confirmed dead was 49...

sry for going off topic here...but does anyone know the website for the house of lords?

last i heard confirmed dead was 49...

sry for going off topic here...but does anyone know the website for the house of lords?

178094[/snapback]

house of lords

thanks labrat!

I have to say that I am proud of the Londoners and Brits I know.

After tracking a bunch of family and friends down and making sure they are OK I started asking questions.

I was answered with humour, with honesty, with information, and with warmth. Some folks were a bit scared. Most were annoyed. A few were seriously pissed off. One guy made some truely bad jokes, but he and I both knew where he was coming from and why he did so.

At no point did I encounter terror or inability to function. No-one was lashing out blindly, or resorting to a zenophobic withdrawal.

My hat is off to them and their reaction to a cowardly act. My heart goes out to the families and friends of those hurt and killed.

Well done to you in London, and GB. You are not standing alone.

I went out into central the following day after the bombings. A couple of my mates said I was stupid but I shan't let any terrorists deter me from going about in my affairs.

It was business as usual in my eyes...the stations were packed and there was a noticable police presence. My family and (as far as I know) my friends are ok. Even though this was in no way comparitale to the WTO, but it just showed that if terrorists wanted to, they can strike anywhere they wanted. They struck at a very decisive time when the G8 summit was being held - most of the security focus was channeled into the meeting of the worlds powerful leaders (justifiably so) and that obviously meant a dip in the security in the capital.

I heard that Italy and Denmark are next (rumours). So its only a matter of time before they strike.

More explosions on the underground today apparently, police all over the place, nobody's really sure what's going on, Tony Blair supposed to be making a statement in a little while. It looks like a minor incident, might be nothing.