Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Allegiance

Greets,

Let me start off and tell you that allegiance is a teamwork oriented game and this is the PERFECT GAME for those tired of the mmorpg grind, you dont have levels, you dont have stats, your skill is determined by YOU not by a damn number in a box.

Out of all the space sims out there this is the best free one. (I have not played eve and starcraft cannot be compared to anything :()

Here are the main Features of allegiance,

*They have people who have played it for 5 YEARS

*totally 3d space strategy action game.

*Free. As If Id pay for a game.

*9 totally different factions to play as, and growing.

*4 game cores, each balanced (or inbalanced) in its own way.

*A newbie training program of 6 weeks, the @Cadet program tag is added to your name, makes vets more nice to you :P

General Structure,

One player is the commander and controlls all the money donated by pilots, harvested by miners, or collected otherwise. The commander's position is much like playing starcraft really, you find an appropriate asteriod and build a building on it.

5 types of craft,

*less used and rare garrison tech, this is your starting tech and can be strong with good teamwork

*Expansion, mass killing of enemy forces in short range, aka. whoring

*Supremacy, mass killing of enemy forces with longer range, with missles. aka. whoring.

*Tactical (my fav), use your skill and wit with stealth fighters, attack without being attacked.

*Shipyard, Use the might of monstorous capital ships to create the strongest army.

(each one is different each game, whatever the commander decides which tech path to follow, sometimes combinations.)

The game is very balanced, and is constantly being worked on.

History,

Originally a micro$oft game, they dropped it for some reason, then its source was released to the public and it survives with a slowly growing player base.

What you need (reccomended)

Connection, ha. thought we dial up folks were out of luck eh? nope. we can join almost any game and get very little if any lag, allegiance was DESIGNED for dial up so no problems there 8)

Joystick or mouse,

either works, I prefer a mouse.. flying witrh your keyboard only is foolish :/

A love of space games, you have to like flying around in space, hunting your enemy, and even running for your life occasionally, if you like slow games this isnt for you.

Come Join Me On Allegiance, Callsign: Rebootedrock@SRM (Slipshod Reasearch and Medication,Mining.. think the *CO* of allegiance :P )

Here is their website.

www.freeallegiance.org

to download the game and access the forums you must make an account, doesnt take too long though.. and hey if you end up playing this game for years to come isnt it worth it?

Rebootedrock~

Honestly, id rather buy a game like Guild Wars were you buy it and have no membership fees. ill give this one a shot.

<Edit>

Tryed it didn't like it. good game though :) ( i like middle-age themed games)

Edited by Gecko_Master

What does the greek thingy in your avatar mean? cheisato?

177899[/snapback]

It is a windows font called "symbol"

It is Chisato, the name of a girl in a hentai game called X-change 2, which at the time i got that avatar, and last visited these boards regularily, was my favorite hentai game.

Now it is a game called Brave Soul.

You ask I answer :P:confused:

Greets,

Let me start off and tell you that allegiance is a teamwork oriented game and this is the PERFECT GAME for those tired of the mmorpg grind, you dont have levels, you dont have stats, your skill is determined by YOU not by a damn number in a box.

Out of all the space sims out there this is the best free one. (I have not played eve and starcraft cannot be compared to anything ;))

177325[/snapback]

I loved the game at first until it came to a training dogfight mission, when it neded up just like all other dogfights, which means two crafts flying around themselves.

And I can't find me joystick, and playing on keyboard sucks.

I loved the game at first until it came to a training dogfight mission, when it neded up just like all other dogfights, which means two crafts flying around themselves.

And I can't find me joystick, and playing on keyboard sucks.

179975[/snapback]

Lol dogfighting is a very small part of allegiance, some are very good at it :blink:

you can use your mouse aswell, which is what 50% or so people use, while in game, push

escape,g,j,escape,escape

and mouse will be enabled.

btw the default key config sucks anyway :P