Eternal Lands Official Forums
jakoblin

Harry Potter book come out in 7-16-05

Michelle_F has one on reserve too, how sad.

not like I'd read it :blink:

i reserved 2. cant wait to read it :D

My fiancee and I wanted to dress up like Harry and Hermione and wait there overnight...but he can't be there :( I am considering going anyway though...hehehehehe :P :lol:

My fiancee and I wanted to dress up like Harry and Hermione and wait there overnight...but he can't be there :(  I am considering going anyway though...hehehehehe :( :lol:

177302[/snapback]

War to Hermione/Harry shippers! :blink:

Everyone know Hermione is going to end up with Ron :P:(

Edited by reciproque

lol... i read em all so far to i love the books... i am defenetly going to buy the new book.... and no i dont think ron will go with hermione...i think she sticks with herself as she thinks shes pretty smart (wich she is:P) and i think harry will go with erm what was her name ... angela or something... :ph34r:

I dont see why everyones getting all worked up about it. its only a book. ive read 1 - 4 then realized how much I loathe books. u read them once and thats it.. if you read them again, you already know whats going to happen. Besides, the Harry Potter books werent all that great;granted, the idea of spells and such was pretty cool, the rest was mediocre. One series of books I did like was the seven towers.. good concept, took awhile to get going and the ending was a bit odd, but all in all they were pretty good. Nothing beats the Halo books though. "First Strike" was great! Best book I have ever read, puts all other books to shame.

I disagree, the more I read a book the more I catch little details that I did not before. I have read the lotr and hp books at least 15 times each.

EDIT: WOOO POST 500! :hug:

Edited by scarab2k

you will catch little things here and their, but its generally they same.. i dont see the excitement in reading the same thing over looking for little things u didnt catch before.. more work than play.

this is why i play games, they provide visual excitement that stimulates the imagination. books are words to me.. i like the halo books because i have both games, and know what they are talking about.. alot less work.

I have one reserved, can't wait...but i'm kinda mad becuz my B-day is the 15th and i orginally thougth that the release was on my B-day...but now i find out that it comes out a mintue after my B-day is over..... :rolleyes: :glare:

Hum .. I never read any "Harry Potter" books.

And Harry Potter .. isn't he this magician-kid with glasses? I have seen a picture somewhere.

Urgh... my guilty Harry potter fetish, yeah I have it, finished it a few hours after getting it home. It's much more character-centric now, not so much pointless backstory and little meaningless conversations, which i miss, they fleshed the books out nicely.

I'm reserving judgement on my opinion of the new dark tone the series appears to have taken, on the one hand this book is certainly not meant for children, but at the end of the book there was no let-up in the depression. At least with all the previous books at the end you always felt that the immediate threat was dealt with and the book could end semi-hapily, not so here, for obvious reasons.

I'm certainly eager for the next one.

Got it. Finished it. Didn't rate it.

Felt very clumsy to me & way to much like filler for the series, rather than a book in its own right.

Will keep quiet now & wait for the flames to start.

*Quietly runs away to hide* :brooding:

Finished mine the day after I bought it... it was OK but I could tell what was going to happen pretty much from the start...

If I'm honest I am a little bit disappointed.. but I will wait the 2 years for the next one to come out and rush out to buy it :D

Got it. Finished it. Didn't rate it.

Felt very clumsy to me & way to much like filler for the series, rather than a book in its own right.

Will keep quiet now & wait for the flames to start.

*Quietly runs away to hide*    :whistle:

181489[/snapback]

wow, good to hear from ya, stranger!

personally, I coulda used a forum like this when all the Left Behind books came out... but that's altogether another subject.