Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

Superpower

Influenced by a recent purchase of Spider-Man 2, one of the most KICK-ASS games of all time (imo, try and keep this flame-free)...

If you could have one superpower (i.e. enhanced strength, x-ray vision, etc.), what would it be?

Personally, I already have slightly inhuman reflexes (ask anyone that knows me), but I'd probably go with invisibility...think of the possibilities :blink::P

The ability to use paper (or any support for writing) like Yomiko Readman in the OAV's "Read or Die".

That would do nice (considering the amount of books and paper in my house)...

I want to be a tree. Live for 100s of years, cause property destruction with my roots, get kites stuck in me, get hit by lightning, have people chop me down and burn me..

Can I change my mind? I want to be an EL supermod :P

hmmm, i want the power to move objects with my mind :P

personally, I'd rather have either psychic power, where I could easily make people believe/think/do what I want them to with just my mind, or animal control.

Benefits of psy power:

Who needs invincibility if you can make your opponent believe that they don't want to harm you?

Why be invisible if you can "convince" people they never saw you?

If you control your opponent, you don't need to be able to counter him; you already have.

Don't teleport to work, causes too many unanswerable questions. Just convince your boss you were there, get your paycheck, and never work. :P

On a different psy power note, you could affect your own teleportation by mentally levitating, and then moving where you want to go. Could also be used to lift big rocks, small children, the pesky person's car at the mall that just took your parking space, etc.

Animal "control":

Similar concept to above, except using animals to your bidding, instead of people.

Need a ride to work? Car broken down? Surely the neighbor's horse could give you a lift.

People chasing you, or you chasing them? Train your own "spy surveillance team" of birds to tell you where your pursuers are. Good for escaping bad guys and for games of paintball. :D

Need protection? convince the birds, wolves, squirrels, etc. to attack pursuers for ya.

invisibility? *shudder* Would you really want to see how people behaved when they didn't think anyone was watching? That seem's like a Dante punishement or something

I'd probably go with something like binocular vision or a photographic memory. Tons fun you can have with something 'simple' like that :lol:

Immortality, and I don't mean the kind of immortality that Duncan Mcleod had, but absolute Immortality where even if someone chopped my head of i would continue living (a new head would grow).

I'm going to go with what Giannis said, but I'd want to be able to pass on immortality to who I choose (and be able to take it away as I please). That way in a bajillion years I won't be completely alone.

I'm going to go with what Giannis said, but I'd want to be able to pass on immortality to who I choose (and be able to take it away as I please). That way in a bajillion years I won't be completely alone.

176229[/snapback]

can you imagine if like everyone lived for like 300 yrs. or like waaaay beyond that? They would probably make us go to school for like another 20yrs :P

that would suck sooo badley >.<

-kat

Enhanced healing. (But MUCH better than wolverines, madcap, etc)

Why? Cos you get lots thrown in at once:

-MUCH lengthened life span (near immortal?)

-Hightened senses

-maxed to human limit strength, agility, endurance. reflexes (photographic reflexes?)

-never get sick

-Maybe genius level IQ? (photographic memory?)

Like Giannis said - it has to be the proper deal: cut head off, take out brain, liquidise it = brain reforms itself and grows new head and body around it! :)

This was bought to you by Sick Geeks Ltd. :)

i would be want to be able to change reality. like, for example, take thing/ppl out of existance, change things that happened, create things out of thin air, create minions to do your bidding, make yourself immortal, psychic, give yourself superpowers, the possibilitys are lliterally endless!

and, my personal favorite part of this, you could create a new reality where you can create a paradise for yourself,you are king/queen, or just an escape from the reality that you cannot stand

Edited by roren

i would be want to be able to change reality. like, for example, take thing/ppl out of existance, change things that happened, create things out of thin air, create minions to do your bidding, make yourself immortal, psychic, give yourself superpowers, the possibilitys are lliterally endless!

and, my personal favorite part of this, you could create a new reality where you can create a paradise for yourself,you are king/queen, or just an escape from the reality that you cannot stand

176309[/snapback]

wow, dude in case you did not realize it....you want to be a god (yeah the whole master of the universe motif is really hard to ignore in your description of the ideal superpower) .... talking about delusions of grandeur. Anyhow If i was you i would stop thinking about that and settle with Wolverines adamantium claws, which are by far the most uselless superpower ever.

Edited by giannis

Correction: Allow me to draw your attention to the Atomic Belch...

Hm...I should start learning how to hone my inbred psionic abilities :)

Edited by Tumaros