Eternal Lands Official Forums
roren

Your age in minutes

This is something completely random and useless that i thought of in class at the beginning of the school year. my teach was going on and on about stuff that i already knew, and i already finished that night's homework while he was talking. i suddenly just out of pure curiosity, started thinking of random math problems, then i thought: i wonder how many minutes old i am? then i figured it out. This isw how you do it:

step1:multiply 24x60. you should get 1440.

Step2:multiply 1440 by 365. you should get 525600.

Step3:now multiply 525600 by your age. write this down somewhere.

Step4:multiply 1440 by 30.you should get 43200

step5:now count the number of full months it has been since your last birthday.multiply this number by 43200.then write the result down.

Step6:multiply 1440 by the current date. write this down.

Step7:multiply 60 by the number of hours it has been today.it helps if you have a clock that reads army time.write down the result.

Step8:now write down the number of minutes it has been this hour (ex. 8:45, you would write 45).

Step9: write down 7200 for the remaining 5 days in a year (30 day for every month only adds up to 360, not 365) for every full year old you are.

Step10:count how many leap years there have been since you were born (every year that is divisable by 4). add 1440 for each leap-year

Step11: last step, you add allt he numbers you wrote down together. the result is your age in minutes. (optional) add the time that you were born, if you know.

edit: this number is axproximate, i didnt get to work out the kinks before i was interupted by my teacher.

edit 2.0: fixed a few calculational errors.

edit 2.5: you can also multiply your result by 60 to get seconds, but it wont be accurate for very long.

note: i STRONGLY suggest you use a calculator

special thx to The Piper, Anastasia, giannis, and Arnieman for proofreading it :blink: Oh, and my teacher for causing the immense boredom neccesary to spawn this idea :D

Edited by roren

Doesnt work, you missed the 29. february every year which can be divided by 4 except it can be divided by 100 but not if it can be divided by 400 :D

Piper

well, i rounded it when i did this, cuz i didnt have time to work in thing like February, leap years, etc. without going even crazier than i already was when i did this. but not bad for a demented doodle :P

Edited by roren

yeah, i've been to that site a few times before. I would guess that to figure out seconds, you just multiply your result for minutes by 60.

and i left that part out cuz i doubted many ppl know what time they were born, so that part is optional.

Edited by roren

ok, fixed it. Did i miss anything else?

just a thought, if you add the result in seconds (your minutes result x60) to your result for the death clock (giannis's link), you get the total number of seconds you will live in your lifetime ;). just a thought

lets find out...

as of about 6 PM EDT, July 2, 2005, I will be 11,656,480 minutes old...

One more thought: Instead of months since your birthday, using weeks may be easier, since months can be from 28-31 days, and then add 1440 for each day since the end of the last full week. This would also negate step nine, which was slightly confusing (it assumes that those extra days have already happened, when they may not have.)

there is a reason why i used months,instead of weeks, and rounded them to 30.

1) too hard to count full weeks without a calender. for months you can just coun in your head. (hopefully)

2)i understand there may be some confusion with step 9. just edited it, so that should clarify things.

but thx, i didnt catch that :P

ill add your name to the "special thx" list...

Edited by roren

Thx for the thx, but still an issue I have:

Step2:multiply 1440 by 365. you should get 525600.

175632[/snapback]

what I see here is:

1440 minutes     365 days     525600 minutes
------------  *  --------  =  --------------
   1 day           1 year          1 year

Step9: write down 7200 for the remaining 5 days in a normal year that were left out for every full year old you are.

175632[/snapback]

where did you forget 5 days per year?

where did you forget 5 days per year?

176484[/snapback]

well, i just changed it cuz i saw that i could be read wrong, possibly as : you just add 5 days, intsead of 5 days for every year.

im going to die friday may 19, 2062

1,794,562,830 seconds

176956[/snapback]

lol, your gonna live longer than me :rolleyes: i die tuesday june 28, 2048

Well, it might just be easier to take into account that every real Earth year is something like 365.25 days (it's actually like 365.24756 or something like that, but .25 is pretty solid).

Use that instead of leap years. :)

Dude, i don't get it why did you stop at minuets, and you did not go on to seconds.

clicketh here

figure out when you are going to die and  how much time you still got left to live (in seconds)

175982[/snapback]

Monday, September 27, 2066

I highly doubt I'm living to 89. :P

According to deathclock, I am going to die in 2103.. That is frciking old! I don't wanna get that old o.O

Well, it might just be easier to take into account that every real Earth year is something like 365.25 days (it's actually like 365.24756 or something like that, but .25 is pretty solid).

Use that instead of leap years.  :D

177138[/snapback]

lol im old and yet still young lol lol lol