Eternal Lands Official Forums
m_bee

Flame_knight banned

I dont know if this is really what it seems or if is just my evil imagination, so I put this here, instead of Outlaws, just in case he is a good guy. In any case, be carefull.

[PM from flame_knight: hi]
[PM to flame_knight: hi :)]
[PM from flame_knight: plz help me]
[PM to flame_knight: what do you need??]
[PM from flame_knight: follow me plz]
[PM from flame_knight: come back to dooks]
[PM to flame_knight: where am I supposed to follow you?]
[PM from flame_knight: into a secret room]
[PM to flame_knight: Ok, on which map?]
[PM from flame_knight: i dont know jsut plz come to dooks]
[Cosmor]: what's the most lucrative harvest if you're a beginner?
[sylvian]:  i found lilacs at 2 for 1 gold
[PM to flame_knight: Im not going to anyplace unless it is for something usefull;)]
[sylvian]: the best for easy harvestinf flowers
[Ciara]: Lilacs, by the Valley of the Dwarves flower shop
[PM from flame_knight: nvm]

flame_knight
 Main Attributes
 Physique:  4/4
 Coordination:  4/4
 Reasoning:  4/4
 Will:  4/4
 Instinct:  4/4
 Vitality:  4/4
 Cross Attributes
 Might:  4/4
 Matter:  4/4
 Toughness:  4/4
 Charm:  4/4
 Reaction:  4/4
 Rationality:  4/4
 Dexterity:  4/4
 Ethereality:  4/4

<edit>

For a strange reason the post is duplicated, someone, please, erase the other copy, thanks ;)

Edited by Learner

Not just trying to draw people in, same IP address as Fire_Kinght.

Banned until he can give a good explaination for using a 'mule' character to try to trick players into the CO cave.

Well, maybe this will help you, he seems to have some more chars, because the rumor about flame_knight propageted so fast (no wonder at all...), I heared this at votd, I came late, but I got the last part of the conversation:

HalakerMaker: dont listen to him
Gladiator3: get mny then buy 1
simant: pretty plz..... how do i obtain a cape...
BaDFliP: don't lison to mage2 he's a scammer
HalakerMaker: yes he is
lordmark0: ok
luckydog: ok
lordmark0: going harvesting talk to u on pm
Gladiator3: no
HalakerMaker: earlier he was flam_knight

As you say, it was a mule, and was silly enough to directly point to himself. Since, it is far easy to figure what we all figured, knowing that that cave is owned by a guild. Even scamming requires a bit more of style, this is just an insult for all the good scammers... :P

we had some friends over and they wanted to have fun so they made accounts and we told them about the secret place and they want to scam ppl. there leaving tomorrow so they wont play any more :P

Banned until he can give a good explaination for using a 'mule' character to try to trick players into the CO cave.

Er, is the character a mule? I'm not sure tricking ppl to go into dangerous places is muling, rather it might be scamming. And could he be banned if he didn't mule? Unless he was trying to trick newbs, I'm not sure he qualifies for a ban.

IMO M_B did the right thing to post this, but I'm not sure the mods should have banned him. Unless there are other things going on of which we are unaware?

Yes, he us obviously an outlaw, and a stupid one at that, but I don't see how he actually broke any rules.

Er, is the character a mule? I'm not sure tricking ppl to go into dangerous places is muling, rather it might be scamming. And could he be banned if he didn't mule? Unless he was trying to trick newbs, I'm not sure he qualifies for a ban.

IMO M_B did the right thing to post this, but I'm not sure the mods should have banned him. Unless there are other things going on of which we are unaware?

Yes, he us obviously an outlaw, and a stupid one at that, but I don't see how he actually broke any rules.

175525[/snapback]

So he's trying to mule characters to a PK map using a total n00b character, it also borders on illegal multiplaying depending if the second character that was running was in the *CO* cave waiting (which would be logical). While technically not breaking the muling rule it is breaking the rule about trouble for mods. Also notice I didn't say it was a permament ban, but done more to reduce problems at that time since I was unable to take the time to follow it up more.

And since a ban was placed on the character is why I had moved it to bans so he could find the thread easily so he could respond.

So he's trying to mule characters to a PK map using a total n00b character

Mule noobs? I thought muling was when you had a second character interact with your other character to carry stuff?!

it also borders on illegal multiplaying depending if the second character that was running was in the *CO* cave waiting

Borders? Is it illegal or not?

While technically not breaking the muling rule it is breaking the rule about trouble for mods.

What rule is that? Not being funny - genuinely curious!

What rule is that? Not being funny - genuinely curious!

175587[/snapback]

24. Don’t be a troublemaker.

Don't cause problems on purpose that require the attentions of the moderators.

IMO this is one of those 'general rules' found in life that is used when you want to get at someone but there isn't any other way to do it. Don't agree? Then why doesn't scamming, bag jumping, etc fall under the catch all nature of this rule?

Having a character to entice other characters into a pk area isn't against the rules as far as I can tell (as long as they're not newbs).

But like I say, just my opinion. :D

here are the rules that got broken in this case, i highlighted the most important parts for your convenience:

Eternal Lands Game Rules.

3. Respect Others.

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game.

In order to show proper respect, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers.

Do not advocate, start or participate in any discussions that are racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hatemongering philosophies, or anything that is sexually explicit in public. Do not organize nor be a part of any guilds or groups within Eternal Lands or their forums that do so.

Do not patronize, mislead, or take advantage of people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginner's mistakes.

Luring unexperienced players into a PK area.

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means AFK* fighting, AFK leveling in any skill, AFK harvesting, illegal bots, creating illegal clients, macroing, automating, exploiting bugs, muling.

Yes, using a secondary character to bring your other character anything is muling, even when it's not resources, but newbies to PK.

self explanatory.

and last but not least...take a close look at this part of the rules.

not only the breaking the spirit of the rules, read the complete part in bold letters

The moderators of Eternal Lands have the authority to use their discretion on a case by case basis in/while moderating these forums and punishments for violating any of these rules.

Repeatedly violating any area of the Eternal Lands Terms of Use or Forum Code of Conduct, including the areas detailed above, will often result in permanent banishment from the forums and game.

Breaking these rules or the spirit of the rules (not just the letter of the law) is punishable. Usually there will be given a warning first. This does not apply for repeat offenders or severe offenses that require immediate action. If this warning does not work and the infraction continues, players can be muted, kicked, booted, even banned (in no specific order) depending on the crime, the severity of the crime and the judgment of any of the moderators. The higher the level a mod is that has to deal with you, the higher your punishment can be.

Tough luck for the guy he did this continously and got caught by an admin :P

i think your missing the point. here, He had no intention to pk them. Corpus who protrects the cave can kill any player in one hit, he was hoping for them to die then he rus in grab their stuff rush out. Simple yet devious plan.

i think your missing the point. here, He had no intention to pk them. Corpus who protrects the cave can kill any player in one hit, he was hoping for them to die then he rus in grab their stuff rush out. Simple yet devious plan.

175797[/snapback]

And this is better....how? :P

Er, cos it's not against the rules? (if they,re not newbs)

175857[/snapback]

Using a second char to benefit your first IS against the rules. Muling encompasses more than just the most obvious of hauling xxx ore for you.

175797[/snapback]

That wouldn't work... he'd have to PK corpus to get the stuff, obviously... :P

Using a second char to benefit your first IS against the rules. Muling encompasses more than just the most obvious of hauling xxx ore for you.

Er. what muling? See the following...

This muling :P

Not just trying to draw people in, same IP address as Fire_Kinght.

Well, maybe this will help you, he seems to have some more chars, because the rumor about flame_knight propageted so fast (no wonder at all...), I heared this at votd, I came late, but I got the last part of the conversation:

HalakerMaker: dont listen to him
Gladiator3: get mny then buy 1
simant: pretty plz..... how do i obtain a cape...
BaDFliP: don't lison to mage2 he's a scammer
HalakerMaker: yes he is
lordmark0: ok
luckydog: ok
lordmark0: going harvesting talk to u on pm
Gladiator3: no
HalakerMaker: earlier he was flam_knight

As you say, it was a mule, and was silly enough to directly point to himself. Since, it is far easy to figure what we all figured, knowing that that cave is owned by a guild. Even scamming requires a bit more of style, this is just an insult for all the good scammers...

Using a second or third or 4th char to help your main char IS a form of muling. As proven already, that was not his main char! Nor was this his first attempt.

AND, even IF what he says was true about it being "friends over blah blah blah" , please read what Learner said about WHY he did it.

So he's trying to mule characters to a PK map using a total n00b character, it also borders on illegal multiplaying depending if the second character that was running was in the *CO* cave waiting (which would be logical). While technically not breaking the muling rule it is breaking the rule about trouble for mods. Also notice I didn't say it was a permament ban, but done more to reduce problems at that time since I was unable to take the time to follow it up more.

And since a ban was placed on the character is why I had moved it to bans so he could find the thread easily so he could respond.

Sitdown, stop looking for problems where there aren't any, other than people trying to push the envelope and others defending it <_<

Watch your tone.

Not looking for problems. I simply said I don't see how rules were broken - and I still don't. Muling is not enticing ppl onto a pk map with a secondary char - no matter how much a mod tries to stretch this rule.

However - as I have said - this is simply my opinion - take it or leave it - but DON'T acccuse me of looking for problems.

Muling is not enticing ppl onto a pk map with a secondary char - no matter how much a mod tries to stretch this rule.

However - as I have said - this is simply my opinion - take it or leave it - but DON'T acccuse me of looking for problems.

175916[/snapback]

The enticing people onto a pk map with a secondary character to benefit the main char is illegal multi-playing.

The giving of recovered items from secondary character to main character is also illegal multi-playing, and Is a form of muling. It is pretty obvious that the stuff is NOT for the absolutely 100% non leveled secondary character.

Corpus cant kill everyone in one hit, some people have almost killed her :P

176141[/snapback]

That isn't an issue or a factor involved in thie thread.