Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duran

a wizards toolkit

this was one idea i posted on the old board, and i wanted it to stay on :)

basicly we can have staffs/wands, amulets and rings that provide the caster with a poll of essence that he can drain from instead of just the ones he buys.

nowgiven the limited number of items a person can wear and hold, pluss the fact that these items will only work while a person holds it or wears it they will not unbalance the game (prize to can help).

now here is how they work:

every item have one type of essence that they provide (and given that there is something like 12 of them you will still have to carry some around in you inventory).

they have a max number of essences that they can store at ones (higher prized ones store more).

over time they will regenerate essences used to power spells.

the essences they generate can not be removed from the item.

they only provide essences and regenerate while item is worn.

given that you still have to put in the sigils, still have to have the needed etehral points and you still need the skill to cast the spell this is just a nice way for someone to be say a dedicated healer (haveing a ring that provides health and a amulet that provides magic will allow that if you have the skill and sigils).

one other way to make it heavy was that every time a item regenerates a essence you get drained a etheral point pr essence. but then i guess maybe the current way etheral pointsare used must go :(

I agree, something needs to be done to make magic system more viable... no sence having something noone uses!....I don't really think having items disapere when you cast is the greatest idea..... mabey for some spells like very advanced ones... but for a simple heal... i don't know..