Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shenriss

storage and guilds

I think it's possible some ever suggest it but i can't find a topic:

I think it could be very useful when you go to storage, can have choice to yours or guild storage

for exemple need guild rank 5 for can deposit and rank 10 for can withdraw.

i think it can help for friendly work

and the best is alwed you trade with your storage and guild storage in a same time

similar ideas have come up, go search: +guild +storage

some guilds have a bot to do this currently, having it work as a common area/storage for the guild would work nicer though

This would be a nice addition, at the moment, there are no real "game" perks for being in a guild...and spending the 30k on it.

bots that have storage access!!!...well, i am quite sure many ppl cant afford that.

Guild storage would have to solve the problem of concurrent access.

Either by limiting access to one character at a time (need different interface to per-character storage), or some lower level locking of transactions. Not trivial, but not impossible to coordinate.

I dont see the point? why need a guild storage i think it's good how it's now :/

I dont see the point? why need a guild storage i think it's good how it's now :/

174856[/snapback]

It is cool now i see no reason to change it =/

well apparently those who say there is absolutly no need for guild storages have never tried to run a quest/contest with whole guild taking part in it. A guild storage would make it much more easier to collect all prizes in one place and actualy would allow anyone to store whatever they cna spare for prizes in it so looking for prizes for next contest would be as simple as doing storage listing. On the other hand it would probably take quitea bit of programming on the server side and an interface update on client side to implement so unfortunatly I don't see it being put in any time soon :P

~C

The Idea is good, but there are many things that should be added first before guild storage... IE: Guild wars, and many more Guild features.

The Idea is good, but there are many things that should be added first before guild storage... IE: Guild wars, and many more Guild features.

175309[/snapback]

But Guild Storage would be relatively easy to implement, especially since there are changes to the Storage interface in the works.

(This subject has just come up in-game)

Have to agree that being in guild does not bring you many advanteges (except having friends). Guild system requires lots of changes, one of them could be guild storage. The others are needed to manage the guild (removing non active players while they're no online etc.).

I see one problem here, what about people who already pay for having storage bot?

Vanyel

Edited by vanyel

I see one problem here, what about people who already pay for having storagce bot?

Vanyel

181216[/snapback]

Agreed. So if Guild Storage where implemented what additiona advantages do the bots provide? Do we need to add some more priviledges to them (what they are allowed to do) to justify their cost?

A few off-top-of-head remaining advantages of a bot:

• Can carry things that cannot be put into storage (eg Food).
  • Can be located somewhere more conventient (near resources?).
  • The guild can apply their own control on access etc. Guild storage would only available to guild members.
  • Could implement additional functionality in the bot; auto healing members in range? (legal?).

An alternative to Guild Storage (or addition) would be the ability to drop things in adjacent bags ("use item(s) on bag"). You couldn't take things out of an adjacent bag, but it may help guard against bag jumping -- line of workers, each with a bag, and a foreman periodically dropping ingredients into their bags.

I have been thinking about adding the guild storage as well - the code has been prepared for it, but I am not sure... There will be a lot of complaints about guild members stealing items, and even though you may say it's lame to complain about that (at least I think so), then we will be put to blame, and be asked to replace the items again and again.

I have been thinking about adding the guild storage as well - the code has been prepared for it, but I am not sure... There will be a lot of complaints about guild members stealing items, and even though you may say it's lame to complain about that (at least I think so), then we will be put to blame, and be asked to replace the items again and again.

181272[/snapback]

that's why i spoke about use guild rank for allwed who can deposit and who can withdrow

exemple rank 5 for deposit and 10 for withdraw

Edited by shenriss

exemple rank 5 for deposit and 10 for withdraw

181273[/snapback]

If this is applied, then whatever guild levels are chosen should be announced well in advance. It may be necessary for Guild Masters to review the levels of their members.

I would have thought that any member should be able to deposite more of an item which is already in the guild storage. The 'rank-5' priviledge would then be to deposite into empty slots (prevent or reduce disgruntled members spamming their guilds storage slots).

There will be a lot of complaints about guild members stealing items, and even though you may say it's lame to complain about that (at least I think so), then we will be put to blame, and be asked to replace the items again and again.

181272[/snapback]

Why not just add a log for all in guild to access that contain what was deposed or withdrawn by who and when...

181272[/snapback]

Well, guild storage is would be very big adventage. The risk of being stolen by members is good balance here. For small guilds, like mine, it wouldn't be problem, since we know all members. In big guilds, there is many of them this problem would much bigger. I don't see the means to control all members. Nevertheless I think that having guild storage, with some restrictions would be amazing. Implementing it would mean giving paid bot new abilities/features. The players who spent their rl money for it can't lose their money.

vanyel

I figure having a minimum guild rank to access storage would help prevent stealing from guild storage. While some guilds have a lot of members, responsible guilds don't have too many high ranking members. It seems to me that rank 6 should be enouph to access guild storage.

Also, there would not be enough practical usage for it at the moment.

183392[/snapback]

Except for Guilds who do Alchemy, Harvesting, Manufacture, Crafting...

Summary of the best bits:

• Guild storage option added with the new storage interface.
  • Minimum Guild rank to list, deposits (existing), deposits (new type), and withdrawals. Ranks should be published well in advance of the change to allow Guild Masters to reappraise their rankings.
  • Log all deposits and withdrawals on #GM. Guild Messenger bots could be modified to save and publish these accounts. Log when, who, what, where, and how much.
  • For withdrawals, some synchronisation is necessary to prevent multiple characters withdrawing the same item(s) at the same time.

I thought of the guild storage and was glad to see it was already discussed. It has been awhile since it has been discussed and I was wondering if there was a decision made that yes it will happen, just a matter of time or no, it is not going to happen.

Either way, can I create a character for the sole purpose of being a war chest for my guild? I would delete it if the guild storage was created.

Either way, can I create a character for the sole purpose of being a war chest for my guild?
I beleive so, but that's not official from me.

it's important to note that if it's going to be done as a bot, that'd count as trading, hence it's a paid bot... and if not a bot, then you need to be well aware of the multi-play issues

yeah and this could cause some problems some1 goes in gets higher ranks then takes all the guilds stuff and quits and does it again it would be really bad

Bear

I beleive so, but that's not official from me.

it's important to note that if it's going to be done as a bot, that'd count as trading, hence it's a paid bot... and if not a bot, then you need to be well aware of the multi-play issues

Just a character to keep guild treasure seperate from mine. Don't want the guild mates mixing their bloody bunny bones with my nice clean goblin bones. If I make a guild map, I would turn the storage character into a guard bot.