Eternal Lands Official Forums
WoodeH

A mIRC Channel

okay, we've got 2 channels on 2 different servers, we should make a desision...

174357[/snapback]

I wouldnt mind changeing, But i like the automatic host masking, So the IP for the servers im running the bots on, Arnt world visable lol.

Guest echylo

hi, i actually wanna refresh this topic, i guess much people know that quakenets channel is as dead as a channel can be, so I gonna try to relaunch it, first of all people who are not familiar with irc read this,

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=17

this is a basic guide which helps you with connectin.

Now for server i have chosen

irc.sorcery.net

you join this server with typing

/server irc.sorcery.net

the reason i choose this server is:

1. Quakenet is good for clans

2. Sorcery is full of channels who play roleplaying games, not games like eternal lands or other mmorpg, but the pen and paper or typewriter rpg, as far as i understand that subject

3. Quakenet can be hard to reach for asian-pacific users

The channels I created are :

#el and #el.trade

#el for general chatting

#el.trade for trading ingame items

you can join this channel by typing into mirc:

/join #el

/join #el.trade

once you get familiar with mirc you dont have to switch ingame , but you can always be in more channels at a time, though this will be changed ingame with an update i have read.

Hope I see you there, for now the only op in there is me, also i am the only user, but first people who now irc for a bit and are active for a great time can get the op status....

Kind Regards

Echylo

Edited by echylo

*Bump*

Anyone still want to do this? We didn't really get anywhere befor.. But I will always help now I have mIRC again.

Thanks,

beeFeh.

*Bump*

Anyone still want to do this? We didn't really get anywhere befor.. But I will always help now I have mIRC again.

Thanks,

beeFeh.

I'm there if it's on irc.starchat.net. :P

But seriously, I like IRC so if there's a channel EL people hang out in I'd probably go there.

*Bump*

Thanks,

beeFeh.

I'm there if it's on irc.starchat.net. :P

But seriously, I like IRC so if there's a channel EL people hang out in I'd probably go there.

Well, I run irc.quakenet.org, same as befor..

I went to the E-L channel on QuakeNet (#Eternal-Lands) and it seems someone already owns it.. Anyone know who?

* I prefer to stay on QuakeNet as I have all my other clans for other games on there. :(

Well, we have 3 routes.

Ive llooked at them and found sorcery easiest to set up and run an easy acces to.

Quakenet simply uses wierdassed L & Q bots to manage Nick's etc rather than useing the globally accepted #msg nickserve methodes.

the one zep suggested not only has a "the_antiroot" registered, but also banned, making it a royal pain in the ass.

process of elimination lead me to sorcery :inquisitive:

Folks want an easy way to get to it without faffing around with mirc or other downloaded stuff? I set up a Java Irc client @ http://just.dnsalias.net/index.php?name=IRCChat which should to the trick nicly for you all.

(just remember and allow popups from that page, or youll block your chat window! ;)

Please note this is done as a player ,with no official sanction from any of the EL team.

Anyone checked their nicks on the afternet server. Alternatively you could use purplesurge haven't been there for a while, but if you's really want to get a IRC server running for EL, you should have the EL moderators be Ops and therefore all their names need to be reserved.

Or voting for someone to be op.

If people are going to use it i can probly set up a bridge between el and an irc channel preferably siting on freenode.net as our guild has an irc channel there and iknow provides a gm <> irc bridge so using #el on freenode.

If people are going to use this it should not take too much work for me to setup a channel between a spare channel in el and an irc channel, all messages said in the el channel will be sent to the irc channel and if you want to send a message to el you would put an @ infront. ie:

<iknow> [dns@number] this is a message said ingame

<dns_server> @send to ingame

<iknow> [iknow@numbe] (dns) send to ingame

there is also the 'command so you can use iknow's functions like 'stats dns etc

You would need to register your irc nick ingame (so people don't pretend to be you) and your ingame name would be converted on the fly wheny you send a message (ie dns_server > dns)

This channel may or may not be moderated but if you abuse the bot i will ban you from useing it.

Well Placid and I have been sitting in #el on Sorcery.net for a few days now and we've seen some mods come and go, and Van_Binsbergen. Errrr... anyone else planning on using this??

Well Placid and I have been sitting in #el on Sorcery.net for a few days now and we've seen some mods come and go, and Van_Binsbergen. Errrr... anyone else planning on using this??

Heh yeah, the old "well, busy in here isn't it" jokes are running thin...

Come on people!

You know....I might as well mention...there already is and has been a "offical" Eternal lands IRC channel on irc.slashnet.org at #eternal-lands ...however...for months it was just me and the owners of that channel on there and the occasional person tryign to get help. Though....they have since disapeared and....there ownershiped expired...I quickly grabbed ownership of the channel though.

It's mainly dead now...but..i'm in it 24/7....

Well this is my whole point I've tried to bring up...there is NO point to this if you aren't going to work together and all settle on ONE server. Of course it's dead, there's at least 3 other servers going, and each of those with 3 or 4 channels running. Does no good for each person to pick a different server then advertise it while the other people are doing the same thing for their servers.

preach it aislinn...lol

i haven't even bothere'd firing up my mirc. butg i'm half tempted to because the mIRC mp3 player uses .ess memory than winblows media player. so if ppl can't agree i'm the jackass that will join them all and let my player that i built spam ALL the servers untill a concensus is made (btw banning my IP would b useless seeing as i'm an old IRC addict and i'd have a new IP in a matter of minutes....lol)

Well i have rewritten my bot to provide a bridge between an irc channel to an el channel (994).

I would prefer it to be hosted on freenode.net as iknow already provides a bridge between #gm and our irc channel. so if possible i would prefer it to be on freenode or an irc server that interconnects with freenode.

How about we all put down our suggestions for irc servers and channels and vote for which one is going to be the official one in a fiew days?

How about we all put down our suggestions for irc servers and channels and vote for which one is going to be the official one in a fiew days?

Excellent idea. Also with your suggestions, put down your reasons why you prefer a particular server.

Excellent idea. Also with your suggestions, put down your reasons why you prefer a particular server.

Quakenet: Reliable server, you need to get used to Q/L but ow, i'm used to it and consider it much better than NS/CS

Freenode: Reliable server, only thing that puzzles me is the total lack of moderation (no ops) in the channels, but i never saw annoying people, so it's a big thumbs up.

oh wait i had to wait a few days isn't it?

oh wait i had to wait a few days isn't it?

No, you did it right. Suggestions now for a few days, then in a few days we'll vote on the valid suggestions offered.

Freenode: Reliable server, only thing that puzzles me is the total lack of moderation (no ops) in the channels, but i never saw annoying people, so it's a big thumbs up.

The theory is that you provide your own ops for channels... and thus we would have to.