Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snuit

New Race Suggestion

I noticed this when I checked out the new look of the EL website (looks very good good job on the site!)

****Sadly, due to some technical reasons I don't think there will be any centaurs :P So, unless something changes, I am trying to think up another race to replace them. If you have any suggestions, please post them in the forums!

I think that the centaur problems rely in the problem of their size with 4 legs and all?

I got a few ideas about a new race: Ancients

Ancients The Ancients used to be in control over life and death but when the gods appeared their powers where massively decreased due their bad behavior. Still the ancients have lost most of their powers but they still remain one of the strongest creatures on the planet. They hate most other races which were once their slaves and now their enemies. Ancients lack the abillity to craft things but their physical strenght makes up for that.

If anyone else has any ideas about new races feel free to post here..

P.S. Sorry if I misspelled anything English is not my main language.

Or you could have lizard men or halflings or something.

In fact halflings would be quite an interesting race to see in-game.

hmm, about the same height or a bit smaller thenadwarf but with not so broad shoulders and loose the beard...

nah im all for hte lizardman idea as most of the tiem they are played as evil but i thik haveing something like that would realy set us apart from the rest. i just wish i could switch if so happend that we got them :)

LIZARD MEN o ya I go for lizard men cuz Ancients isn't much of a different race doesn't sound like it anyways cuz it just sounds like Humans in ancient times sorta like Yu-Gi-Oh or somethint but one problem with lizard men the tails how would they sit HAHA

Noo u see the ancients wrong they used to be semi-gods which lost their powers in a battle with the real gods.

U can give them some special looks like a dark blue skin with red eyes or something :)

Dont see them as some sort of humans.

actualy that problem with the cintaru's inst a bad one after all it can be simply fixed by taking a deer remvoe then antlers remove then deers head add a human chest and arms (and head of course) make the color's match and thares ur cintaru (sory if i mispelled it)

Ents: the tree people

Gremlins: ya know the little ugly things from that Hit! movie :) and ya could make it so when it rains thay split into 2 :shock:

Warlocks or Witchs: that attack usein magic spells

Golems: the Rock people

Lizard Men: like lizards but people wit a sword n shield

Giant Slugs: for the mines n places like that

El Chupacabra: little thing thats scary

zombies: animated dead

VooDoo dolls: little rag dolls with magic powers

Bandits: im thinkin a Human character that mabie steels money while you fight them get it back after hes dead but thats only if he dosnt flee after he has taken a set amount

Serpants: large snakes tail on the ground while his head is raised up kinda like a cobra, could be types like desert water forest so on

Giants: Need I say more.

Trolls: Basically the size between giants and humans. They heal over periods of time and like to weild their bare hands or an ax of some sort.

Fairies: Flying little people who use weak magic and healing spells.

Dark Elves: When good elves go bad.

Ancients The Ancients used to be in control over life and death but when the gods appeared their powers where massively decreased due their bad behavior.  Still the ancients have lost most of their powers but they still remain one of the strongest creatures on the planet. They hate most other races which were once their slaves and now their enemies. Ancients lack the abillity to craft things but their physical strenght makes up for that.

hmmmmmm *cough* Copy off stargate sg-1 *cough*

Ancients The Ancients used to be in control over life and death but when the gods appeared their powers where massively decreased due their bad behavior.  Still the ancients have lost most of their powers but they still remain one of the strongest creatures on the planet. They hate most other races which were once their slaves and now their enemies. Ancients lack the abillity to craft things but their physical strenght makes up for that.

hmmmmmm *cough* Copy off stargate sg-1 *cough*

hmmm *cough* Copy off copy off Feist books *cough cough*

And I was also thinking about snake people (same thing as centaur, just replace the bottom half with a snake tail instead of a horse body). It may cause problems with the collision system, but who cares?

um... just passing through, wonding if I want to play this game... but I remember playing a race on a MUD along time ago...

Avatans

Winged humans who broke off from thier brethern and formed thier own city of arcadia.

same stats as humans cept .5 exp. Added the ability to hover off the ground with thier wings and aviod traps that lay on the ground outdoors.

actualy that problem with the cintaru's inst a bad one after all it can be simply fixed by taking a deer remvoe then antlers remove then deers head add a human chest and arms (and head of course) make the color's match and thares ur cintaru (sory if i mispelled it)

Actually, there's a prob with the deers :)

The deers should take up two tiles on the map, but since the game doesnt support that, it just takse up one tile, making its head poke into a house and such things. That's why there aint gonna be centaurs, at least not until someone comes up with a solution to the 2tile prob.

It saddens me when only 2 people mention drow but every second person says something about Lizards with swords....

Necromancer sounds like a class, not a race. Eternal Lands is a classless game. Anyone can cast spells and summon stuff (maybe eventually skeletons - right now animals at least).

Guest salvanis
It saddens me when only 2 people mention drow but every second person says something about Lizards with swords....
you would have no problem make drows so just mke them

I'd vote for drows :D or Dark Elves or just a similar race (evil looking and dark) but with a cool new EL-unique name.

Some ppl who posted within this thread totaly got off-topic. This thread is not about new monsters it's about a NEW RACE that WE as players will be able to play. And ppl, before you post any suggestions listen to what Puntif already stated... EL is not a Class-limited game (and I hope it stays that way), so making a new race that cannot use any magic, but is therefore a lot stronger would introduce a limit we don't wanna have. Everyone should be able to do what he wants to.

IF you make a suggestion, think about the world of EL. e.g: Ender's Avatans sound really cool, only we don't have any traps in EL, nor a real use for a flying creature. (I also think that the ability of flying over mountains/water could be hard to code, and not really so useful...)

All classes are just for looks anyway (as ent wants every character to be exactly the same), so why not winged people? Also, I don't see what the big deal is with the collision system. As long as things aren't so huge things get hidden within them, I really don't see how it would really affect things.

@ShadowKnight: Well.. apparently you have never been fighting a fox... or never noticed what that evil creature does to your genitalia during a fight... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Every damn time I fight this *SMEG*-raptors, I have to automatically compress my legs in a desperate attempt to protect my preccccioussss :D

Ya know.. if you concentrate enough on playing you might actually feel yourself within the game-world, at least in your thoughts. And I found such things as deers poking their heads into houses or foxes trying to bite my balls off always quite distractive...

Instead of winged people you could have Angelic and Demonic people. Basically the same except that Demonic people have black bat-like wings, horns and devil tails (and maybe darker skin) and Angelic people have White feathery wings and look like people. They hover just a bit off the ground and they flap there wings instead of walking. (that would look bad to air walk) It would be cool if the can float across water but not the sea or the mountians.

PS: If any more races do become avalible then it should be an option to change your apperance if that happens.