Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duran

daggers

how about you can wield 2 daggers at ones? or maybe a one had swordanda dagger?

with the 2 daggers you maybe up to-hit and the sword and dagger combo may up the damage (or it may give you random damage based on what weapon that does the damage).

increase in attack speed might be nice or something like after lvl 20 combat you have a chance to do a double swing(swing both at once) but if you were using 1 wpn at lvl 20 you might have a chance to dodge attacks or something to balance it out...

Duran, this idea it's not only hard to implement, but i'd have tor eballance EVERYTHIGN combat related, like swords price, monster's strenght, etc.

Hmm, I think some stuff later on will need balancing. Some stuff right now needs balancing with the introduction of the plat. I really think, we should get all the weapons, or at least all the weaker weapons into the game and then spend a few weeks balancing prices etc. It might take a while but right now some things are topsy turvy. Just my opinion...

just an idea entropy, and i dont realy see the balance issue...

and we have had most of this discussion elsewhere :)

i think its mostly the way your code works that makes it hard, not the idea itself. and when your code makes it hard i dont know about it...

and whats the problem with the balance? with the right setup you are getting more attack strength but lower defense as the place normaly taken up by the shield is now taken up by the dagger.

i fear your seeing problems where there are none. i would rather try to rebalance the amount of money going around rather then take a high prize for items that given the stats should be dead cheap. problem is that i cant give you a silver bullet for that problem other then taking a good long look at the base resource selling sums (i dont have them all so i cant help you there) and how people get to higher levels in that area...

right now every other part of this game is balancing on one thing, harvesting. and how to rebalance that area i have no clue what so ever. but i think a start would be to cut the sums one can get from low level plants way back to the area of 1-5 instead of 10-20 (or whatever they are right now).

The issue here is that the daggers will be relatively cheap. Now, id you combine two daggers, you will get more damage than with a sword, at a cheaper price.

As for the shield, well, you can't wear a shield anyway, if you have a staff, and I don't want two daggers being better than a staff.

then huston you have a problem with the stats of the other weapons, not the daggers. had a feel that they where over prized but thanks for proveing it :P

oh and what kindof stats do you have on the daggers? +3 to damage?

thats the onlyway i see it going past the sword. and remeber if you have 2 daggers you cant have a shield so that means you have to rely on armor. as for staffs, well they give a defensive bonus dont they? a 2 dagger combo should not do so...

allso, you dont have to straight up add together the stats of the daggers but rather boost the stats of the main dagger given that you have a second blade around. like say adding 1 or 2 to the to-hit and maybe 1 to the damage or something.