Eternal Lands Official Forums
KillerQween

How did you come up with your EL name?

I got mine from some old SNES RPG (can't remember the name now). I was trying to play it, and my brother, being the mean brother most older brothers are, decided to erase the first letter of the preassigned name, Stahn. Well, at the moment, I didn't remember the letter was S, and probably am not certain of it being S now, and I replaced it with my favorite letter, which is A. So, Atahn was born, and for any fantasy RPG I've been in since, I've been Atahn.

And a two-fer for ya, my forum nick is from my friends. They said I drank alot, like Barny (sp?) from the Simpsons.... take off the B, and that name stuck.

many many years ago I was going to sign up to hotmail (which should suggest how long ago it was, the name ttlanhil is probably half as old as I am) and needed something unique (since so many names are used). and those using numbers to be unique just aren't creative.

so yeah. it came from a game I was playing. ToTaL ANniHILation <-- ttlanhil

much excitement, eh?

shivar is a god name

i use it because i am a god

173455[/snapback]

the god is called Shiva, not Shivar.... :lol:

Allright Allright I have been asked to post where my name comes from so here is the explanation.

I found EL and Decided that the concept of a game that offered so much freedom of char development was right up my alley. I tried to start a char with my name Darkhawk well as many of you know a name that is regularly seen in a comic book is not going to be available after three people start playing a game.

The name was taken what to do I started looking to translate Darkhawk into other languages. Hawk was the easy part merlin as in merlin the magician also means hawk in either british or old english :P

Dark was the tough one believe that !!

I checked several languages including the ones above and nothing worked :P

so I threw it in at long last a french translator I think lol and fonce` was what appeared.

I now have a unique name that is all my own.

Darkhawk = FoncEmerlin = Jeremy:)

oh yeah and btw I thought doxxie was a cute name I didn't find out until we met one of our ELmates from england that doxxie was such a bad term in that language.

ew ew I almost forgot ya know the char Kots his name I found out through a german player means puke in german :D

Ya got to love this GAME:D

the god is called Shiva, not Shivar....  :lol:

174183[/snapback]

Yep, aslong as we are talking about Hinduism, Shiva is the name of the god not shivar, unless of course Shivar is a name of a god in one of those games that Shivar plays,

Edited by giannis

mines a long story

I was walking through my neighborhood brainstorming on the perfect EL name. I thought.. "bridge?" no... "par 4?" no... then I realized I had started walking across the golf course by our house. This european maintainance guy screams at me "oot! oot!" which i can only immagine meant "out!"... so i'm like..hmm...oot...whats 1337 for oot..... 007!!!!

:ph34r:

It was simple, for me. I liked names ending with 'a', and with a soft 'i' or 'y' sound. Plus, I'm slightly pro-British, and I wanted a half-real, half-fantasy name. One that would also suit a female Elf. Making names has always come easy for me... so Lyanna was born.

Given the choice to do it over, though, I would actually choose something other than Lyanna. The personalities floating around in my head are starting to get confused. :ph34r: I should have went with my other, more used nickname: dizzcity. But I wanted to roleplay, so I built Lyanna up. And now I can't get out. :blink:

-Lyn-

My name comes from playing old DnD games...i was a barbarian, and they could go into beserker rages, which @the time i thought was soooo cool ( i was 9, ok :blink: ) so i was a battle rager....rager backwards = regar...and i've kept it for the past 15 years, and countless games and chars....oh, and my bros name (for those of u who rem him) was renill...our last name, minus 2 letters, backwards.... :ph34r: i know, my family is wierd about spelling thing sbackwards :blink:

Well, back before Beta, almost nobody played, so I just picked a name (there were only like 25 taken by Pre-Alpha :ph34r: ), that nobody could copy by appending numbers to. My name is 15 characters long, and fills the whole buffer. Plus, nobody had taken crusadingknight on gawab, berlios.de, freshmeat.net, sf.net, or anything, so it stuck out. I must say, how I got it, I don't know; random I guess, not to mention my name technically is a verb propended to a common noun.

Epervier was a French Battleship from the 2nd WW (no im not French and yes it was sunk X( )

Only later I found out it meant "Sparrow Hawk".... how cute...

Btw, doesnt Shivar come from the band Shivaree? ;)

http://www.shivaree.com/

Edited by epervier

I thought it had to do with 3.17...

and some guy named josh.

[edit: erp, hit enter too early]

what i'm really curious about is Entropy and Roja...

Edited by Tumaros

And I'd always assumed you were a secret agent! :P

174221[/snapback]

lol... the golf story i made up THINKING it would come off as a sarcastically funny reply but obviously i must suck at sarcasm...

anyway... i actually chose the name for these reasons: (for real)

1. My graduating class for highschool is 2007, thus, remove the 2 and we're the class of 007. (another cool thing is that we'll graduate from college in 2011, making us the class of 7/11 x.x ..but thats offtopic)

2. I had played runescape prior to playing EL (i know..blasphemous..w/e).. I had seen that in runescape you could no longer create three-character names, either cuz they were all taken or cuz w/e...but i figured they might stop allowing three-character names in EL as well. so I wanted to claim as many as possible :D so not only did I 'take' 007, but I took tons of other 3 letter ones such as...*thinks* ice, air, one, two, red, 123...the list goes on but it was over two years ago so i forget them all.. anyway i did get warned i think by Ent for doing that ..

3. James Bond rules. I havent ever been a hardcore 007 fan but i've seen some of the movies and they rocked.

i just watcghed lotr right before the game........

lol... the golf story i made up THINKING it would come off as a sarcastically funny reply but obviously i must suck at sarcasm...

Then I suck at sarcasm too :P

I came up with my name when I was designing a fantasy world back in 1994-1995. I made language and naming conventions for different regions.

In the powerful trading nations, names tend to end with an "n". In that world (D&D and D&D-style novels) Derin is the first-born son of a noble trade lord in the city of Baryn.

Derin was "born" in dec 27 1995 and I have used it as a nick ever since - in games and other stuff.

Mine came frome my first ever online game. it was called Nation States. That game is based on a book by Max Berry. It is a text based game and you are the leader of a country and you devlop the country based on the way you answer daily questions. there are some other things to do as well. My nation was called the Republic of Hops and Barley, from my love of good beer (read that as most beer). The other players just called me hops in the forums and in messags, so i started signing my messages that way. I dont consume nearly the quantity of beer that i used to but the name has stuck in this and several other games.

Hops :)

on a day, after dinner, i downloaded EL :) . i had to come up with a name, i didnt came up with any...this is yuckie: i was sitting behind the comp, felt something in my teeth, got it out and saw it was something i ate with dinner; a Sprout, so i chosen Spruit as my name :) (Spruit is dutch for Sprout)

the god is called Shiva, not Shivar....  :lol:

174183[/snapback]

Im not talking about the god in ff

Ehh... Shivar, "Shiva" is a god in RL, a hinduist god:

In hinduism god is also represented as a trinity, formed by Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu, respectively: the destructor, the creator and the preserver (if I remember well, feel free to correct me if not). Being he the destructor he is seen, although, as a positive force since all creation comes from a previous destruction.

<edit corrected typos>

Edited by m_bee