Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirrobin

Multi player story

Ok each person can add to this story one post per person

it is called

The wandering dwarf

There once was a young dwarf who got banished from his kingdom for not making the required number of swords per hour most of his freinds could make 20 per hour but he could only make ten per hour. So he was thrown on a ship that sailed to desert pines and was told never to return......

Nobody liked this storey so i will change it to

When micheal jackson came to el ....................

Jackson was singing in the shower so badley that mother nature sent him a tele nexuas and he got telied to ip.

Edited by sirrobin

Hummm, Ill play along with the first one, your second story I wont touch.

The wandering dwarf

There once was a young dwarf who got banished from his kingdom for not making the required number of swords per hour most of his freinds could make 20 per hour but he could only make ten per hour. So he was thrown on a ship that sailed to desert pines and was told never to return......

You see, he was a very young apprentice, and the smith he was working at was overrunn with apprentices, and as a result the quota had to be raised on the swords until one of them could not keep up, he was selected. He was not bad at making weapons at all! actually he was one of the best at Quality, just not Quantity. He thus opened his own forge in Desert Pines, on the outskirts of the Evergreen Forest (Right next to the port-o-potty). He would make some of the most grand weapons anyone has ever seen, He turned his misfortune of being kicked out of the smith into a "Journeyman" expedition. You see, in the old dwarven days there were four ranks in a given field or guild. Smithing for example. First was Apprentice, Second was when an Apprentice felt himself ready he would become a "Journeyman" and travel around to different smiths until he got the grasp of several different masters works. Then he would build his Masterpiece! Once that is done the Smith would declare himself a "Master Smith" After many many years of being a "Master" he would give his Forge to a young Master smith and give himself the exhalted rank of "Grand Master Smith" which basically means he lived a long life in the field and knows it to its full extent, but no longer does or need to do it for a living. (retired) One day a great lord appeared....

...to the young dwarf, semi-ragged and unarmed. He was not that great of a lord; actually, he was quite mediocre, but that is beyond the scope of this story.

On this day, he arrived to give the journeyman smith a grave challenge. "There is a foe that no man has ever vanquished, and I have chosen to fight this foe myself," he bellowed. "You will make me armor and sword of the highest quality, so that I may slay this beast."

Being an adept smith, he accepted the job, but being a shrewd businessdwarf, he demanded proof of payment shown in advance.

The lord, being quite short on gold at the time, made a deal with the dwarf. He spoke, "I command a great many valiant warriors of the highest skill. If you will provide me the armor and weapon as I request, you will join me as my personal armager, arming me and my men with your craft."

The dwarf proceeded to create a sword finer than any ever produced before, with an edge that seemed to cleave the clouds from the air. He paired it with the finest suit of armor ever forged, seemingly impenetrable by even the spirit of the gods, and fitting as well as one's own flesh.

As the dwarf presented his work to the warrior lord, he declared that he had created a masterpiece for the ages. The warrior then declared, "be it so, and I will return and you will join me. be it false, and you will die." And with that, the lord rode off...

For weeks the Dwarvan smith awaited the lords return to no avail. Weeks turned into months, and the disheartened dwarf had dismissed the sale for being taken. He returned to smithing, hoping that he could recoup the money he had lost in the deal quickly.

Merely a few days after his return to his endeavor the lord came calling. Still wearing the armor he had on upon his last departure, though now it was tarnished and battered.

"My armor wears well on you, m'lord?" Asked the Dwarf.

"Indeed it does, Dwarf." The lord replied. "In my travels and my victories I have managed to make enough to pay your for your services."

The Dwarf asked the sum to which the lord would offer, and it was a lot. It was enough to ensure that he would make it to Grand Master Smith at an early age. However, the lord offered to keep with the original bargain. The Dwarf would become his chief armorer, and in return for the services he would recieve a percentage of the spoils of war.

Quickly the Dwarf did the numbers in his head and decided that the greatest profit would come from being the lords man. But, at what expense...?

The dwarf was afraid that in this dangerous new position, should the Lord's Castle be attacked, he could come to be in great peril. Nevertheless, he took the job. At the time, his only concern was the money involved. But after many successful campaigns, as he made more and more money, he realized that it failed to make him completely happy. The only thing that really did please him was the company of the Lord's only daughter, Elda. But she was a human girl, and his own employers daughter; it was best to leave these feelings alone. Still, the dwarf could not stop thinking about her. One morning, when all seemed well, the dwarf awoke to a sounding trumpet; the castle was under attack! He rushed out onto his balcony, and saw a most horrible thing: ...

Way to dig up an 18 month old post :) how far back did you search?

The enemy swarmed the castle like a dark tsunami. The walls shivered and cracked as a thousand angry hammers fell. The men on the walls were dying by the heartbeat; the gate fluttered like a like sheet in the wind as the merciless battering ram charged once again.

Biting his lip, the dwarf bit his lip and cursed in ancient tongues as he gripped the balcony railing, his knuckles turning white beneath his leather gloves.

The attacking hordes were well armored orcs armed with cruel and keen bladed weapons. But coming after them, in small bands were smaller figures in long flowing grey cloaks. As the orcs slaughtered the men, these smaller figures gathered around the dead and dying. The dwarf was too far away to see what was happening, but he know it could not be good.

The dwarf's feirce grip on the balcony had re-awoken the pain in his right shoulder. He grunted as the pain spread from the bruise he had gotten that morning.

....Below him, the young dwarf could saw certain doom. Thousands upon thousands of orcs, armoured and equipped, were sacking the castle. Dirtectly below his balcony, the young dwarf saw something that made his skin turn snow-white, a battering ram, a massive battering ram.

Become the Lords man, brilliant idea! He thought, but his thought were quickly diverted elsewhere, through the stone corridoors, the dwarf could hear Elda screaming, crying down the long, hollow sounding hallway for help.

Without even thinking, without a moments hesitation, the dwarf ran. He ran out of his room and along the hallway, up the stone staircase to Elda's room. He no longer had any other concern, not wealth, nor health, he put himself second, his only concern was that girl's safety.

He got to the top of the stair, and without hesitation he burst through the heavy oak door (as quickly as a young dwarf can burst through a heavy, solid oak door).

It hit the wall with a loud thud, the dwarf stood in the doorway, confronted by......

It had happened an hour after dawn, as the dwarf finished his bowl of oatmeal and donned his forge apron and gloves. He was reaching for a hammer when the flat of a sword struck him on the hand. Even with the gloves he was wearing the dwarf felt sharp pains running through his hand. He held his injured hand to his stomach and looked up at the intruder. It was the lord, Sir Julian Jeveferre. He was reeling, and smelt of brandy and something fouler. He leered at the dwarf through blood shot eyes, drooling slightly, with smile like a snarl. "hehh, I'm onta yer trickth now dwarf," he slurred, "I seen the way you look at my daughter."

The dwarf scrabbled backwards across the floor of the forge, franticly reaching for the short sword hidden under his bed.

The lord moved with amazing agility, planting a filthy boot on the dwarf's chest and slamming the dwarf onto the ground.