Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Announcing, Other-Life

What are you in your Other-Life?

Feeling bored and need more of a challenge?

Other-Life is a new world being developed under license from Eternal-Lands. This world will share many of the concepts and ideals of Eternal Lands, but with it's own twists. This isn't your normal EL!

The world of Other-Life will be place that is harder and more challenging, where it hurts to die and the monsters gain experience the same way your character does! What you do and how you do it will help develop you in more ways then you expect, and allow you to change the world!

This game is still in the design and development stages, but please fee free to visit us at http://www.other-life.com and sign up for a free forums account to see what we're up to.

From the twisted minds of,

Aelric & Learner

It sounds as a really cool game (I faintly begin to understand why you started developing the ants.. is their code going to be used in the game?)

Anyhow, asides from making me morbidly curious the forums don't give us enough details other than the game is twisted. I know the answer is be patient.. but i can't hold my self whatever piece of information you have will be greatly appriciated...

Good job guys, don't know much about the other life but something tells me it is going to be one heck of a twisted ride.

i like twisted things *evil grin* i hope its way more evil than el.. i cant freakin wait!

good things come with time or something like that.....

Will there be a free trial version or a timelimited version of Other life?

172407[/snapback]

Some thing will need to be arranged so people can try it out, but we need to make sure that it can't be used as a way to cause trouble in the game or cheat, so it may have to be a special test server that deletes your character after one week.

:P I might try is it graphical or text based ect.......

172425[/snapback]

It's being based on the EL game server & client, so some of the things you learn from EL will help. But other things will be very different. We're currently making some major server changes so it will fit our needs better.

How about screenshots, items list and other small, but pleasant things, who would help to understand, what this game is? When aproximely they will appear? "Very soon" means nothing - it may be few days, few months or few years. :)

Cool, I've registered :P

Well, OL sounds pretty challenging as I asume that that's what they want it to be..

It'll be better than EL in some ways, as an example, we wouldn't have that many scammers etc. since you'd have to pay to play...

Well, all I can say is... I can't wait! :P

Good luck with the developing...

- Greetz, SisteMa`

Some thing will need to be arranged so people can try it out, but we need to make sure that it can't be used as a way to cause trouble in the game or cheat, so it may have to be a special test server that deletes your character after one week.

172409[/snapback]

Just an idea, but what about a key one gets after paying the fee and registering a forum account? You could introduce trial keys aswell that becom invalid after the trialtime?

Sounds pretty cool. Well it would of course have to be free unless they pay royalties to Entropy and of course he can't get royalties for it because hundreds of people helped design it so of course Other-Life is going to be free.

Also what happens when the monsters become to powerful for anyone to defeat? I assume there is going to be a level cap on the monsters.

Also I think you should have different classes with different abilities like D&D. I have yet to see a good free D&D based rpg.

Sounds pretty cool. Well it would of course have to be free unless they pay royalties to Entropy and of course he can't get royalties for it because hundreds of people helped design it so of course Other-Life is going to be free.

Also what happens when the monsters become to powerful for anyone to defeat? I assume there is going to be a level cap on the monsters.

Also I think you should have different classes with different abilities like D&D. I have yet to see a good free D&D based rpg.

175633[/snapback]

It won't be free as I've stated in the FAQ, and I've licensed being able to use the artwork, maps, models etc as well. ref http://www.other-life.com/faq.shtml#4 for additional reasons.

There will be no level cap on the monsters! But, combat is going to be tuned such that a mob of players pounding on a single uber Fluffy should be able to eventually kill it. The closest thing to a level cap is the code that will be encouraging high level monsters to move to higher level maps to prevent an uber bunny on IP from killing everyone ... but he might become friends of Fluffy in Grubani!

I can't wait to try it out Learner! seems like it will be an amazing game. But GOD why did I choose the name 007?!? In the OL forums I can't register as 007 lol so i'm jojomama68 over there.

I can't wait to try it out Learner! seems like it will be an amazing game. But GOD why did I choose the name 007?!? In the OL forums I can't register as 007 lol so i'm jojomama68 over there.

175721[/snapback]

Don't worry, I'll changed your name. I've been expecting that since I tightened the player name filter down a bit.

I have registered.

Learner you should get aim or icq so i can talk with you man Ive missed you :P

Having to teamwork sounds excellent. I'm interested to see some graphics of the game.

- Cedox

193974[/snapback]

It is based on EL & will start by using the EL client. Where is will be different initial is how the game runs on the server.