Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Unicorns

How about if you kill a unicorn you turn into a werwolf at night? Your werewolf goes crazy and is uncontrollable unless you are in a building hiding from the moon.

- P/C down to 1 for a week (real time, not in-game time). You get tired fighting these things ya know.

if 2 persons attack it you can stil pvp train :)

What about rewards for being nice for a change :)

Not killing the Unicorn but making friends or bringing it something; heal the Unicorn, karma points, bring it water or life (WE/EWE or LE/ELE) and it grants you a rare favour.

Something for the non-fighters?

Edited by trollson

I can only think of some cons 2 kill a Unicorn:

1: 100% loss of all the items in ur invent.

2: Ur mana lvl is set on 0

3: exp block

4: Hellspawn

All these should be time fixed so u have them 4 like hours/days or so.

172208[/snapback]

No time-expiring curse or punishment works when a player can go offline or AFK freely.

Maybe some curse which requires positive action on the part of the player to lift would be the way to go. Some framework for curses would need to be added to the game (many other uses however).

Ideas I had, and reflections on other ideas listed that I liked.

Negative on Killing Unicorns (reflected idea)

• Temporary Complete Antisocial.
  • What shopkeeper would deal with someone who did such a despicable deed?
  • No NPC would deal with you (no storage, no sigils, no Wraith...)
  • Could set timer for 100 ingame hours, or something similar, and tick it down like harvest hours. (Have to be on at turn of the hour to tick off the hour.)

• Drop all skills except OA temporarily (reflected)
  • You are exhausted, you can't concentrate, and your effectiveness takes a hit for it.
  • Could drop all to 1/Current, hold for 1 game day, and then raise 1 point per minute or longer.

• Make PKable on all maps
  • Make special PK status, where player could be PKable until killed by a player.
  • Possible to abuse, if player can get their stats back before they get PKed.

• Loss of God Bonuses (my idea, I think)
  • Gods would lose favor to one who kills their favored beasts.
  • Would be a loss of all god bonuses, and a refusal by all gods to allow you to serve. Permanent loss of god favors, and temporary refusal.
  • Evil gods could be construed as actually favoring the death of good beasts.

• Random Monster Spawn
  • 5-10 of a random monster swarm you at the instant of the Unicorn's death.
  • Maybe make the creatures only "exist" to the killer, so others might see him fighting nothing, and as such couldn't help him.

Positive on Killing Unicorns (reflected idea)

Nothing really to add to the above suggested.

Other Ideas

• Unicorn Quests
  • perhaps a new book could be added that would allow you to "speak" with the Unicorns.
  • Unicorns could give quests that would be rather difficult, and would result in a random nexus raised by 1 without losing a pickpoint. Would have to be limited to not abuse.
  • Could grant blessings, or special items, for favorable dealings.

That's all I have for now.

Kami I think your ideas with the Karma system & curses are the best so far. As it will open the door for other things and be easier to implement them when the time comes...and combining with with god-blessings, or a way to pay it off at a high price for godless folk is a great idea, imo. It will really bring the storyline more into the game as well.

There's no way that we can make a punishement that only lasts for X in-game days..it's just waaay too easy for that player to sit afk, and no we're not going to police afk unicorn-killers.

There's no way that we can make a punishement that only lasts for X in-game days..it's just waaay too easy for that player to sit afk, and no we're not going to police afk unicorn-killers.

172254[/snapback]

There is. Give them the job of the Portland gobbie for x days and let them drop items out of their storage/inventory when killed.

What do you think, how long will some1 sit afk, when half players online is searching and kicking him to get some free stuff? :lol:

Piper

Guest skaar
There is. Give them the job of the Portland gobbie for x days and let them drop items out of their storage/inventory when killed.

What do you think, how long will some1 sit afk, when half players online is searching and kicking him to get some free stuff?  :lol:

Piper

172256[/snapback]

ouch :P

but in other way u can give worthfull stuff like pl8's, serp's and so on to mates (lucky who is in a guild :) ) and u can stay afk the penalty time -> no punishment.

Edited by heretic3kand1

ouch  :P

but in other way u can give worthfull stuff like pl8's, serp's and so on to mates (lucky who is in a guild  :) ) and u can stay afk the penalty time -> no punishment.

172258[/snapback]

Shure, if you wanna transfer your complete storage content to friends and live without it for days.

Because i forgot to suggest, that the unicorn should respawn very seldom. Maybe once per day or even once per week on a random spot on a random map.

So its big big luck if you can even see one.

Oh, and another punishment:

Message from god: XXX killed the unicorn, 40 armored goblins invade Whitestone.

:lol:

Piper

I think there is a way to give the Unicorn killers hellspawn, even if they already have it: Make them drop items just like dieing when they hellspawn, and make the same punishment when they use rings ^^

On the other hand, Roja already mentioned it's easy to stay afk a long time and avoid the curse, but you could let the Unicorn killers material points decrease from minute to minute, just like the food level - that way no one would go afk for too long :P

I dont think that iff you are a bad person on the good/evil thing that you should be exciled,

But maby you could have towns which are good, and only good people can enter without being attacked by gards.

And iff it is a bad town then you should be a bad person to be there, and iff you are not then you get attacked by thugs.

Then there should be newtral towns between them so noobs have refuge.

Only bad towns should buy unicorns horns.

Send me a message about what you think

Put the Unicorn in a Pk map surounded by chimerians :}

maby its cool if you kill like 1000 fluffys and you have change it dont spawn as an fluffy but unicorn..

Kami I think your ideas with the Karma system & curses are the best so far. As it will open the door for other things and be easier to implement them when the time comes...and combining with with god-blessings, or a way to pay it off at a high price for godless folk is a great idea, imo. It will really bring the storyline more into the game as well.

172254[/snapback]

All actions that today are based on some randomization such as manu/alch failures, spell failures, damage done by opponents, drop contents etc. could have their probability-distribution affected by the karma level. Very nice idea Kami!

Message from god: XXX killed the unicorn, 40 armored goblins invade Whitestone.

172264[/snapback]

Nice idea :)

I think there is a way to give the Unicorn killers hellspawn, even if they already have it: Make them drop items just like dieing when they hellspawn, and make the same punishment when they use rings ^^

On the other hand, Roja already mentioned it's easy to stay afk a long time and avoid the curse, but you could let the Unicorn killers material points decrease from minute to minute, just like the food level - that way no one would go afk for too long ;)

172268[/snapback]

As stated in other post, there is nothing bad in that, you put thing in storage, you sit down, and you wait, what if you die in the while?

Put the Unicorn in a Pk map surounded by chimerians :}

172290[/snapback]

That would be nice, but that chimies might be able to become red named and step against you when you attack the uni. I'd pay to see that... :lol:

All actions that today are based on some randomization such as manu/alch failures, spell failures, damage done by opponents, drop contents etc. could have their probability-distribution affected by the karma level. Very nice idea Kami!

172303[/snapback]

This seems the most coherent thing said here ;)

ok - as this thread is getting quite big - i have put together a summary of ideas posted. (ONLY FOR PENALTIES/REWARDS all other stuff you can read through the posts for)

I have put some of MY opinions in BLUE

PENALTIES

Crannog

removal of xp (xp gained in battle *5) make this 50 !!!

made antisocial (very lame - wish i handnt posted it)

made pkable for 1 day (not bad, but better if it was 7 days)

how about at block on gaining XP for a certain period of time ?

well...no point giving neg perks...some ppl have them all already.

no point giving something as a temp punishment...like the loss of levels etc, its just not severe enough

Magentix

Hellspawn for a day or poison 3 damage per min for 1 hour

Giannis

the players should be made pk-able for 7 ingame days (they have to be logged on).

Maybe as an extra negative bonus their mana points should be set to 0 for a brief period of time. After all by killing a unicorn you have succesfuly agrivated the ehterial forces of the universe.

How about to get each and every negative perk all at once for a brief period of time, lets call it a "cosmic curse".

How about, along with everything else negative, adding a small chance that a Lighting will strike you and kill you in the next seven in game days thus loosing all their stuff?

Tanyia

Perhaps a loss of x levels instead of y exp. points? Or perhaps reduced experience/no experience gain for either a certain amount of time or a certain number of fights? (e.g. 2 days or 20 monsters

Roja

loosing EXP in a skill is a good idea..maybe a random skill? and a random amount? but it'd be a good amount

Rolandreeve

how about if u kill 1 u lose 5 lvls for like 30 mins or somthing like that?

u kill one the next one is stronger.. and stronger... and stronger... etc

Kat

Mega mute - cant local, channel PM or GM for a period of time

repeat (sort of) of the poison idea

Kami

says that karma be reduced to lowest level (even tho we dont have karma or anything like it) and effects gods etc

Tojan Knight

I would think that for 7 actuall playing days or so. With any/ all levels like food, matter an etc be set to 1. And they dont raise, but could fall if attacked or used

The Piper

Cut down all skills to 50% and give the next 5 ingame days 10% per day back.

m bee

random curse is cast on you, you are made pkable, and your a/d/p/c would go low a/d to 15 for example and p/c down to 5. As a side effect, this would cause you to lose all the thing that you cant carry (bye bye full plate

Frogkill

your name changes to something stupid like.. "I_AM_EVIL" or worse but i cant hink of anything.

You appear to be naked. Obviously not all the bits and stuff but it would be annoying and extremely funny (armour doesn't cover anything but stil has the effect)

dns server

how about haveing the opposite to blessings. all your skills are brought back to 0 temporarily and slowly creaping back to the normal levels one per minute or slower, combined with PKable.

Another possible idea would be to temporarily remove the effects of perks/cloaks for a period of time and possibly have a monster attraction so all creatures and animals will swarm towards whoever killed the unicorn for revenge.

gunslingers

- P/C down to 1 for a week (real time, not in-game time). You get tired fighting these things ya know.

- No more monster drops for 1 week including bones, meat and fur

scarab2k

you turn into a werwolf at night? Your werewolf goes crazy and is uncontrollable unless you are in a building hiding from the moon.

entris

1: 100% loss of all the items in ur invent.

2: Ur mana lvl is set on 0

3: exp block

4: Hellspawn

halakermaker

I think it should take away 500gc every time you have to hit it and if u don't have that much money you can't attack one

arnieman

Gods would lose favor to one who kills their favored beasts.

Would be a loss of all god bonuses, and a refusal by all gods to allow you to serve. Permanent loss of god favors, and temporary refusal.

Evil gods could be construed as actually favoring the death of good beasts

=========================

REWARDS

Almost everyone

Unicorn Horn for:

• with which the next item u manu/craft/pot gets an modable/enriched item
  • as a fragile but deadly weapon, or ingredient in potent potions or magic.
  • 10 pp
  • used to raise one skill or your choice.(in this case unicorns are rare or only in pk maps.)
  • different types of horn. The size and colour of the horn would determine what type of sword it can be used on, and what type of effect it has (magical, fire, ice, thermal). This means there can be a variety of horns.. making lots of different rewards possible all in one item.

Crannog

unicorn horn - gives xp *10 for 7 days (from time found) then degrades and dissapears (rare drop - not from every unicorn obviously)

new rare cape ?

magic sword

Magentix

Invisiblity cloak or other new item

Shivar

Rewards can be the horn wich can be used as metal ? for bether weapons and stuff

or Exp boosts of +4000 OA :-P

Doxxie

how about cheap sandpaper

gunslingers

- A considerable amount of att and def exp

- 1k gold

i think thats about it...appologies to anyone if i missed any

Edited by crannog

how about cheap sandpaper

172343[/snapback]

eep! i was kidding on that one, my suggestion was really a two-handed sword, hmm or a two handed axe even...

I think that perhaps having one's Hit Points dropped to say 5-10 HP until a *Very* long and dangerous quest that brings one through PK and big monster maps (NO MM perk or cape) is completed. The person will die quite a few times.

Perhaps a loss of perks/attributes/nexus' (say 10) without refund of pp until an arduous quest is completed. Or maybe indefinately.

As far a pro...

Perhaps a token (of any sort you may imagine) to have specialized armor/weaponry done.

Maybe a permanant increase in Mana.

spell immunity?

a few dumb ideas...i can add to after some serious thought.

u still can fight the unicorn to below 10 health and kill it with a harm-spell from an alt-char !!

172433[/snapback]

Very true which is also why the Negitive results should also added on with each hit against a Unicorn, not just from killing it. Sure, killing it should be Like a Major Karmatic Stike against your soul but just Hitting a Unicorn should be painful too, expecially for Players who are Good! Player's with Good Alinement would like suffer far greater Karmatic Torment from inflicting a Evil Act upon another Creature of Good Alinement then a Player of Evil Alinement who wouldn't likely be affected by the Guilt or by fear Divine retribution. They, on the other hand, would probably suffer greater Physical Pains from the Unicorn's own Holy Strike. (Forgive me if I'm using RPG terms but I'm not sure how to word it)

Like, Instead of Gaining Exp for each Hit, you should lose It (unless you are already Evil by Nature or are a Champion of an Evil God, in which you'll Gain Exp in spite of the Karmatic Curse because of your Favor of your Gods).

u still can fight the unicorn to below 10 health and kill it with a harm-spell from an alt-char !!

172433[/snapback]

I think that the unicorn would attack you after you started to harm it.