Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Unicorns

i have an idea:

BAD THINGS:

1.You dont get any exp for fighting Unicorns.

2.You lose exp the longer you fight one.

3.They hit hard.

4.They get 2 attacks in the time of 1 a player would do.

5.For the next 20 in game hours you are on, you get no exp from harvesting, alchemy or manufacture.

GOOD THINGS:

1.It would always drop a Unicorn horn, Unicorn fur and Unicorn hoove.

2.Its kinda like an high lvl monster that it drops good things randomly (Like serp)

but it rarely and always drops the things in 1. like a rabbit.

3.New items would be : -

Titanium serp sword of Light - Basically a Tit serp thats better than thermal and ands goodness and that stuff.

Cloak of Enlightenment - When worn you can't fight or summon in. You get 1/4 of the exp of whatever you making added on as well. e.g Making HE - get 100exp per - now get 125 per.

Torso of hope - Basically a white fur torso. Allows you to create Light Essence which is used in spells etc.. Also allows you to wear Serp of light and Uni blade at same time.

Unicorn blade - Powerful sword - To make requires :

1 Unicorn fur, 1 Unicorn Horn, 1 Unicorn hoove, 10 Light ess, 1 Enriched light ess, 2 serp stones and an EWE

EDIT: Serp of light and Unicorn blade can both be worn at same time if no sheild is worn. In different hands of course.

Edited by M3ntal_5tuff

I think the idea that you loose some exp is good, and that at the same time it drops really high level stuff. So maybe like you loose 2k exp, and have a 1/50 chance of a serp or something?

I just want to add something, I like all those idea's, but in general only the best fighters get better stats, and the crafters, manufacturers, and alchemist are left in the cold.

I was thinking about the following thing:

When you are manufacturing, making potions, etc near an unicorn you can't have failures... (also when you don't have the level needed for the item)

This will be a positive effect for our manufacturers. (but let the unicorn change from map, and let it run a lot of time, so you could just like make 1 plate when you don't have a good manu lvl, not mass productions of items)

So when a fighter kills the unicorn, the unicorn will not respawn until players all over EL offered items ... (You could make a temple or something for it) And where this is enough offered, there will respawn a new unicorn (with a message ingame and the offers must be VERY big)

So what will be the negative effect of killing an unicorn ?

Everyone in Eternal Lands will be mad on you (because it gives such a great benefit), and everyone will need to help to let the unicorn relive ...

The very rare drop of the unicorn will attract the best fighters, so they will be hated the most in game.

So my idea will help each character in the game, and it would add a good benefit for EVERYONE :D

but many of the highlevel players are already antisocial..

I think losing xp the same way you gain xp with other animals/monsters would be a good idea.. otherwise if they're ging to the strong then people would go on training on them for days.. but losing stats is a sensitive area;)

Killing a unicorn would make mother nature very cross :

-no more harv exp for x ingame days (and/or harv exp reset, or loosing exp while harvesting).

-mother nature could keep hitting you, like it would if you were harvesting constantly (bees, walls, etc. but no positive things).

Also, unicorns are hard to kill, and even use magic by healing themselves during battle, and after battle, and using attack magic spells at you as well as normal physical damage.

171965[/snapback]

Kinda late, but that sounds like a doppelganger (not sure how to spell), well basically another player, which in this case, is controlled by AI that we r trying to kill.

=o thermal serps if you kill em and you get -5 stats for like 5 minutes and every minute you get +1 stat (example: killing it with 50/50 a/d after you killed it 45/45 and 46/46 after 1 minute and so on till you reach the 50/50 again)

that way you can't kill alot unicorns in a short time (since ur stats are teh low for that :blush: )

I didn't read this entire thread... so I'm just going to state my opinion. I think the penalty needs to be not just a serious penalty, but something that makes good Roleplay sense. My idea is this... you are cursed, and the effect is all skills halved and you CANNOT HEAL! Furthermore, the curse can only be lifted by doing a quest (which should be long and difficult), so they can't just "sit it out".

I suggest, no penalties, it's hard enuff to find the unicorn. However there will be bonuses. When you engage the unicorn a special pain-meter will appear. The more the unicorn suffers ( increases the pain-meter), the higher bonus you'll get, i.e. the max value of the pain meter can be added to exp you gain, and also you gain that much health, equal the the max value of the pain meter, even if it exceedes your max value.

... let me get this straight? You get a bonus for torturing a unicorn (a pure creature). That sounds rather sadistic to me...

I'm rather fond of the idea of punishment for such a thing and I think that Dagar's idea has a bit of merit. The idea of a quest to remove a curse sounds good to me, but I'm thinking that perhaps no ability to heal is one thing, or perhaps no experience is gained until the quest is complete.

Edited by CodeWarrior

This might have already been stated. I read through alot of the post, but was just way to many.

A penality should be applied to anyone that cast harm, life drain or mana drain. If not you will have teams of ppl working together to kill them and only one person taking the punishment.

Game time penalities could be effective, if it could be coded that you could not be afk. The modes could monitor who ever killed the unicorn, to make sure they were not using some kind of macro to keep from going afk.

If possible unicorn would not respawn until the curse form last kill had worn off, not sure if that could be made possible or not.

Unicorn has one spawn location on each non multi-combat map and random as to which map it spawns on.

Only one unicorn in game at a time

Just my .02

What I think should happen is:

Anyone who attacks a unicorn (whether by weapon or spell) is automatically made PKable for some period of time. Their stats and/or skill levels are temporarily reduced by hmmmm . . . maybe 50%? at the time they are made PKable (but the stats and skills come back one point per minute) and anyone who attacks these PKable people get double experience and the unicorn calls for help when it's attacked (probably should be a local message not a global broadcast).

personally, I like what I read...don't remember who suggested it though. Make it really strong and anyone it kills, it takes the db, so the one who finnaly defeats it gets quite the prize

Also...could it maybe grow stronger with every fighter it kills? gain xp?

I really like the idea of there only being one Unicorn at a time. The Unicorn could be function like another Joker and u get a small prize just for finding it.

Another possible punishment: When u kill the Unicorn all your items in inventory and storage have a 25-50% chance of being lost. No death bag...just gone.

how about if you kill it, all your stats go to 3 and your attributes go down to 4. and to undo this, you must kill the nightmare on irrillion.

this would also mean that the uni will be on seridia and the nightmare will be on irrillion

this is a description of a nightmare

a single and maybe simple monster to implement would be a Night-mare..just a little snip and tuck on unicorn and black coloring(maybe even with sparkling stars) some red hooves /mane and most definately the eyes..(fiery hooves are a thought) have them roam the land at night while the unicorn roams the day 
Edited by gilthanas

OK, in mythology when a unicorn dies the world begins dying too.. Now not to punish everyone, how about the player who killed the unicorn begins dying..

For one in game day, that player will loose 10% (must be percent based) health every minute and food is only 25% as effective. This puts a burden on that player like a curse. You have to eat much more, and you will die over and over if you don't heal yourself which also adds a cost (HE).

Seems like it's inline with mechanics you have in the game already (ie cold damage and 1 ingame day timer).

:P

Edited by WizzKidd