Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Unicorns

I don't like the idea of the karma system very much, it would introduice definite and limiting notions of what's good and what's evil into the game, which is not very exciting imo. What I find great about EL is that people are completely responsible of their actions, so choosing to be good or evil is entirely up to them, without a build-in game moral to incite them to be either.

174099[/snapback]

On the contrary, I think it's the Lack of Player Responcablity in the game that's causing this game come up a little Shallow of a real game. A Karma System is more then just Player "Morality." It Gives the game Depth. The "Morality" aspect is only a Bonus for players who choose to expand their Characters according to their Alinment. Right now, there is no such thing as "Player-Determined" Good or Evil. A Player can say he's Good or Evil but that really means Nothing unless that player is a 100% Role-Player. For everybody else, There is no Good or Evil: Just Power Playing. And since the game has no predetermined End and with only a few Paths a Player can travel, It's no more then a Never-Ending Race that has no finish-line and no way to expand the predetermined Paths layed out for us.

This game's only purpose is for players to constantly Raise their Character's Skills, without any regard for the havok it's playing on the Game as a whole:

-We Harvest for hours from indepletable Resources for free and at minimal Risk. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

-We Kill ever Numerous Wildlife with no effect on the Supply. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

-We Fight and Fight and Fight amongest ourselves (Willingly and Unwillingly; Both PKing and Bickering) with no Loss other then Money and Items which comes from a Limitless Pool while we hold no Responcibility for our actions. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

-We constantly Create Items that Flood the Market, The Grounds, and Our Inventories. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

-We Trade a Limitless Supply of Goods for a Limitless Supply of Money and Vice Versa. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

-We Complete Simple Tasks for simple Quests in order to quickly Increase our Levels at the small expence of a little Money from a Limitless Pool and a few Items from a Limitless Pool. The Game Suffers while our Characters Grow.

Our Characters are Growing at extreme Rates, with no investment besides time, which only actually makes dayly playing EASIER as we grow and the easier it is to play, then the easier it is to Raise our character's Skills.

It is all of this Lack of Player Responciblity that's killing this game. So what if it makes things easier and maybe a little Funner for individuals! The Game is Completely Shallow and a Pale comparison to a real "Game" and nothing more then an "Interactive Chatroom."

It's time for Player's to start taking responciblity for their Actions, Even if the Game has to do it for them. If you do something harmful to the game, it should do something harmful to you. When you make decisions in the game, The game should respond to those decisions and React accordingly. A Player's gaming Experiance should be directed by that player's actions. We should have many options to choose from when answering NPC's Questions and the future of our characters should be determined by our choices. Right now, the only Major choice a player makes in that game is whether they should take Godless or Not. Because of the Perk system in the game, Player's can "Pre-Fashion" their characters before they've even Learned the Game (And yet, the Devs are against the idea of Player's doing this during Character Creation, Go fig) and then just shift all of our Pick Points around Later when we wish to train our other Skills.

This game should be a lot Deeper and More Involved then just "Do what the last player did."

The Karma System has always been a great way to Balance and Limit Character Growth because of the simple fact that you can't ever Trust Players to do it themselves! Player's will find and Exploit any and every little Loophole they can in the "Race" to be the best. And you better believe this game has Loopholes and Plenty of them! This game is severly unbalanced and needs Something to help correct that imbalance. A Karma Based System is one of the best ways for that. Not only that but it's fun to play by too. There are Other ways to balance the game though but they aren't nearly as fun and interesting. Most involve Slowly the Game down to a crawl or worst yet, Changing and/or Removing many of the Features that we all Love.

Anyway, I'm sorry for Ranting like this, expecially On this Topic which isn't really the place for it but I feel so strongly about it.

All actions that today are based on some randomization such as manu/alch failures, spell failures, damage done by opponents, drop contents etc. could have their probability-distribution affected by the karma level. Very nice idea Kami!

172303[/snapback]

Which is what I said.. :P

For once, I'll agree with Kami. It's about time player actions actually reflected something more than your reputation amongst the community.

Edited by Daxon

I too have to agree with Kami. I have mentioned before that I think there should be a karma system to the game, so people will actually think about their actions and what it all means.

I too have to agree with Kami.  I have mentioned before that I think there should be a karma system to the game, so people will actually think about their actions and what it all means.

174372[/snapback]

Lol, you still have hope? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriousely: A karma system would be nice to have. Good and evil NPC's, you get trouble with your gods, if your karma goes the wrong way, you are the guy who always get poor monster drops, but sometiimes silly animals attack you out of the sudden, etc, etc, etc.

Piper

I too have to agree with Kami.  I have mentioned before that I think there should be a karma system to the game, so people will actually think about their actions and what it all means.

174372[/snapback]

I don't think that's true: generally, penalizing an action don't make people think about the reasons for which it is penalized, it just make them stop doing it to avoid the sanction.

What I was trying to point out is that on the contrary, what I like in EL and what I find trully original, is that, for example, if I choose not to bagjump and not to scam, the decision is entirely mine: the only reason I don't do it is because I think bagjumping is not nice to other players. Even if I know it's easy money and that I won't be punished for it by the game, I won't do it. Hence my decision is pure, absolutly responsible.

The Karma System has always been a great way to Balance and Limit Character Growth because of the simple fact that you can't ever Trust Players to do it themselves!

174311[/snapback]

That's actually my point, a karma system will only enforce boundaries that players are not willing to respect by themselves, it's not a way to make players more responsible. As I said I wouldn't like to find ingame predetermined notions of what's good and bad that players absolutly would have to follow, instead of simply doing what they want to and accodingly to what they think is good.

It's true that it can make the game harder to play, but it doesn't add depht to it.

Beside, I don't think adding limits is the most imaginative way to make the game more interesting.

ETA: I was thinking that a karma system which don't work only in term of good or bad would be great. Something more like different kinds of possible karma e.g. if one kills a lot, mother nature could have him in dislike and make lots of cavern wall fall on him, but NPC would fear him and sell him things at lower prices; and if one is a pacifist, he could have mother nature bless him a lot but would be duped by npc's. It should be more interesting than black and white only.

Edited by reciproque

I don't think that's true: generally, penalizing an action don't make people think about the reasons for which it is penalized, it just make them stop doing it to avoid the sanction.

174534[/snapback]

Yes but adversely to that, If you do not Give Players restrictions of What they can and can not do then of course they are going to continue to do what is Easiest and Most Beneficial for themselves, regardless of the Effects that has on the game as a whole.

Also, Just penalizing an Action Will Not Discourage player from performing that Action. It will make players Stop and think before they try it again and maybe even take Steps to Prevent or reverse the Penalty, Especially if it's done in an Interesting and Fun way. But more then that, The Player just has to ask himself "Is it Worth it?" And we All Do everyday during the Course of the game.

Take for example Harvest Events! Sure, We all Hate them but then again, they aren't exactly devistating to the Fun of the Game either And, Unless a player blindly disregards the consequences of Pushing their Luck, We all Live with them Quite Easily! And this is just about the Only non-Fighting Risks players take in this game. We Don't have enough risks. And a Game that's too easy just isn't really worth the Time and Effort.

What I was trying to point out is that on the contrary, what I like in EL and what I find trully original, is that, for example, if I choose not to bagjump and not to scam, the decision is entirely mine: the only reason I don't do it is because I think bagjumping is not nice to other players. Even if I know it's easy money and that I won't be punished for it by the game, I won't do it. Hence my decision is pure, absolutly responsible.

174534[/snapback]

Actually, that's not Being Responsible. That's just making a Choice of whether or not to make enemies or be a jerk; A choice that's also not really so much Part of the Game either as just taking advantage of yet another Loophole.

Besides, as the game is right now, Bagjumping is a ridiculous concept and just an Excuse for Players to use when they loose their Items. The reason that is is because (a) There is nothing you can find in a Dropped Bag that you cannot get yourself of five minutes of Real Effort and (:ph34r: You can't Bagjump something that does have an Owner. Nothing on the Ground that you are not standing or sitting on is not yours anyway.

But, if you want to attribute "Responsibility" to Finding a Bag, Being responsible would be Keeping that bag for the person who dropped it and sending a Message to that person letting them know you have it. That's being responsible as well as a nice person to boot.

That's actually my point, a karma system will only enforce boundaries that players are not  willing to respect by themselves, it's not a way to make players more responsible.

174534[/snapback]

So.... You basically saying that by Removing All Boundaries, it would cause people to inherently compensate by being more Responsible themselves?

Oh, ...... we've had this world all wrong! It's all of our Laws and Justice System that's causing all the Crime and Apathy in this world. In that case, We should throw out our Thousands of Years Understanding of Law and Order in favor of Total Anarchy and we'll just leave the people to sort it all out for themselves.

You know, we have Laws and Boundaries in Real Life for a reason. They may not always be "Fun" but it's better then the alternative! After all, one persons "Fun" isn't always the same thing as another's.

And the same is true in Games.

As I said I wouldn't like to find ingame predetermined notions of what's good and bad that players absolutly would have to follow, instead of simply doing what they want to and accodingly to what they think is good.

174534[/snapback]

Let me guess. You're very fond of those Shooting Games where you Run around shooting everybody in Sight, regardless of whether they're the enemy or not, just because you Can and it doesn't really hurt you to do so.

It's true that it can make the game harder to play, but it doesn't add depht to it.

Beside, I don't think adding limits is the most imaginative way to make the game more interesting.

174534[/snapback]

I bet to differ! Depth comes, not from being able to do everything but from the choices you make in what you choose to do. It's not the Destination but the Journey that makes it fun.

Games, in Principle, Require Limits and Boundaries, not only in order to Limit player Actions but to also "Extend" the enjoyment of the Moment. Have you ever Played a Game that Did not have a certain Sets of Rules and Limits that have restricted what you can do in order to prevent you from advancing too fast? No, you haven't. They ALL have them. There are reasons games have Limits that player's must follow.

FootBall, for Example, Has Field Lines to keep the Players from running too far from the field. Every Player has a certain Task that he/she Performs. There are Rules to keep Players from Hurting each other us well as Preventing one player from gaining an unfair advantage.

The Same is true for any other Sport as well as Board Games, Card Games, Video Games, ..... Even In School Yard Games Like Tag, Color Tag, and DodgeBall, Children understand the need for Limits and Boundaries. Granted, not all of the boundaries are the same or are Equally appreciated by all but they all have them. Games can not function without them.

But The Trick is to try to implement as many Limits, Boundaries and Restrictions into the game that all players can at least "Compromise" on and to implement them in ways as to where they will not interfere with the Fun Aspect.

ETA: I was thinking that a karma system which don't work only in term of good or bad would be great. Something more like different kinds of possible karma e.g. if one kills a lot, mother nature could have him in dislike and make lots of cavern wall fall on him,  but NPC would fear him and sell him things at lower prices; and if one is a pacifist, he could have mother nature bless him a lot but would be duped by npc's. It should be more interesting than black and white only.

174534[/snapback]

Which is Basically a small part of exactly what this Karma System will be. No one said that the Game would Just be "Good VS. Evil." Karma itself is more then that. Much like how player do not need to Follow Gods, Player's will not have to Build their Character Based on their Karma but they will still have to take it into account during the course of the game. Much Like the Food Level, The Karma Level will Raise and Fall depending on a player's actions and Choices. And, Like the Food Level, If a Low Karma Level starts to Impede a player's Abilities, that player will just have to take steps to remedy it. The only difference is that it can't be done by eating a simple Fruit. Also, unlike The Food Level, a Player Can continue playing regardless of their Karma Level. It's just that their game will pay differently from others as they might not have the same choices as others with Higher Karma.

The only thing we want is to expand the game beyond the "Empty Shell" of a Game as it is right now. Right now, it's very much like a Clock without its Gears put in; It may look nice but it ain't going to keep Time. And Believe me, we don't have nearly enough Gears yet.

(As you may see, I've very fond of Metaphors.)

Edited by Kami

But, if you want to attribute "Responsibility" to Finding a Bag, Being responsible would be Keeping that bag for the person who dropped it and sending a Message to that person letting them know you have it. That's being responsible as well as a nice person to boot.

174558[/snapback]

Actually I do that :P And in fact it was this concept I wanted to illustrate when I used the term bagjumping somewhat loosely.

Let me guess. You're very fond of those Shooting Games where you Run around shooting everybody in Sight, regardless of whether they're the enemy or not, just because you Can and it doesn't really hurt you to do so.

174558[/snapback]

Missed. Those games give me headaches, something to do with oversensitive ears :P

But seriously, I don't see what my being a doom like games fan or not have to do with the discussion.

Ok, I don't even know what it is exactly that we are arguing over anymore: you seem to think that I am against any rules in the game, however it is not the case.

Attempt at tidying up the discussion here.

What is good for the game and what should be considerated GOOD in the game are too different things. Creating rules/limits to help the first is fine by me (even if I still don't think it's very imaginative), it's only when it comes to enforcing the second that I disagree.

1)Limiting characters growth is necessary but limits may not be the best solution, and it is not only a problem of players reponsability. E.g., if over harvesting is bad for the game, limiting it would only make EL unplayable because, as the game is, players just can't do otherwise (believe me, if I could I would give up the boring harvesting anytime). Thing is harvesting has become the basis of all activity and economy in EL. So the best way to stop people from harvesting too much is not to create an over excited mother nature but to propose an alternative to harvesting.

2)The one simple thing I wanted to say originaly is that a karma system would introduice moral assumptions - which you consider to be a "bonus"- into the game and which I wouldn't like to see.

Karma in not so many words is "if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil", it means that, if it's worked like this into the game, there would be ingame things that are considered BAD and things that are considered GOOD, in the ethical/moral understanding of those words. I don't like this idea.

E.g., it would irritate me if the game told me out of nowhere that killing unicorns is EVIL and that if I choose to do so my char would become a BAD PERSON. What if I happen not to believe so? It would be just so much simplier to make it a matter of great reward vs negative consequence for everyone to ponder upon before acting (hence the quest system I suggested in my first reply), leaving all moral considerations out of it.

(As you may see, I've very fond of Metaphors.)

174558[/snapback]

Metaphors are fine. Let me guess, you read Rousseau :blink:

Edit: massive edit to cut out the crap

Edited by reciproque

Missed. Those games give me headaches, something to do with oversensitive ears :wacko:

But seriously, I don't see what my being a doom like games fan or not have to do with the discussion.

174954[/snapback]

Simple reason. Most first person Shooting games or Multi-Car Havoc Games (That allow Civi-death) more often then not remove all Responsibility in favor of giving it's players the "Massive Shooting Bonanza" that so many like by either Removing all Civians from the game or by removing all Player-Responsibility of NPC Civi-Deaths. Such games Don't give it's players any more responsibility then is deemed needed and keeping the Stray Secretary out of the Line of Fire or the Odd Pedestrian crossing the street isn't high on the Player's or the Game Makers Priorities. If fact, not having that responsibility is greatly favored by Players as it can be a source of release. Even the few games that still require players to take Civi-Lives into account also have many Cracks and Easter Eggs that allow player's to remove those restrictions if so desired.

Ok, I don't even know what it is exactly that we are arguing over anymore: you seem to think that I am against any rules in the game, however it is not the case.

Attempt at tidying up the discussion here.

What is good for the game and what should be considerated GOOD in the game are too different things. Creating rules/limits to help the first is fine by me (even if I still don't think it's very imaginative), it's only when it comes to enforcing the second that I disagree.

1)Limiting characters growth is necessary but limits may not be the best solution, and it is not only a problem of players responsibility. E.g., if over harvesting is bad for the game, limiting it would only make EL unplayable because, as the game is, players just can't do otherwise (believe me, if I could I would give up the boring harvesting anytime). Thing is harvesting has become the basis of all activity and economy in EL. So the best way to stop people from harvesting too much is not to create an over excited mother nature but to propose an alternative to harvesting.

174954[/snapback]

If you do have a Better Idea, one that'll not only help Balance the Game but could also rudimentarily effect the entire game (as in not having to come up with something new for every part of the game) then by all means we are all ears.

But the Problem here is that so much of what's harming the game is also so deeply rooted that to change any of it would require a complete rewriting of the game. The Devs just aren't ready to do that. The Best alternative is to incorporate a Basic underlying system to provide Checks and Balances within the game that would, not only continuously alter the balance to keep it fit but to also keep it fun in the process. The general idea is that such a System Is the Best choice for this, even if it may have certain elements that not everyone likes.

2)The one simple thing I wanted to say originally is that a karma system would introduce moral assumptions - which you consider to be a "bonus"- into the game and which I wouldn't like to see.

Karma in not so many words is "if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil", it means that, if it's worked like this into the game, there would be in game things that are considered BAD and things that are considered GOOD, in the ethical/moral understanding of those words. I don't like this idea.

174954[/snapback]

That's not entirely true. Granted, People often use Karma as a "Moral Compass" as it were but the true Concept of Karma is that it's the Basic, Underlying Sudo-System (Of unknown Origins and Meaning) that helps to insure a well balanced Universe by counteracting any force (Evil OR Good) that would upset that Balance, which is mostly accepted to insure the continuity of the Universe's survival; and not always just what's "Right or Wrong".(Oddly enough, that's exactly what we're looking for; Abet, in Computer Terms.) But there's more to it then just that. It insures that there's always a counter-Measure to ever action, even if it's not always Immediate or even Apparent.

Karma doesn't Dictate Right or Wrong or which way the Compass needle Swings. People do that. Karma only seeks a Balance of all things, Never Favoring either Side. But, What Karma does do is that it "Influences" things around you in order to counteract anything It perceives as Negative, all to try to get that "Needle" to swing back to the Mid-way point. You can call it Luck, if you will Although Luck is not generally accepted as being "Balancing" to the Universe.

Back then again, We're not really trying for a "Perfect Karma System" in the game, as that really wouldn't be much fun.

E.g., it would irritate me if the game told me out of nowhere that killing unicorns is EVIL and that if I choose to do so my char would become a BAD PERSON. What if I happen not to believe so? It would be just so much simplier to make it a matter of great reward vs negative consequence for everyone to ponder upon before acting (hence the quest system I suggested in my first reply), leaving all moral considerations out of it.

174954[/snapback]

First off, this is a Fanasty Game! I personally don't believe in "Inherent Evil" myself but I continue to play this game, although it's portrays Goblins, Orcs, and Trolls as Vile, Evil "Monsters." That's another thing, I don't believe in the Word "Monster." "Monster" means a Creature of Fear Or is otherwise "Unnatural". Humans use that terms far too loosely and Throw it around until it sticks to anything they fear or don't understand.

Back when the "Gods" where implemented, Many Players were outraged and took a stand against them on some Moral Grounds; Both the Hardcore Religous as well as Athists. They didn't like the fact the Game had a God System (As though, somehow they'd be violating their convictions by Playing along with Imaginary Gods!) So, that's why the Gods in the game haven't been Expanded and worked on in so long, just so a Few Malcontents don't have to "Interact in anyway with the Followers."

But this is a Game. We Pretend! It's not Meant to be taken so seriously.

Anyway, The Truth is, "Good" and "Evil" are actually Human Concepts. Humans decide what is "Right" or "Wrong" with anything; that includes one's self! You may or may not Perceive Killing of a Unicorn as An Evil Act. That doesn't mean that others share your view. If you do something that someone else perceives as negative, you'll be treated as such. And if you do something "Good", others who view it that way will treat you as such. This goes for Supernatural Beings as well.

But does one's Act (Whether Positive or Negitive) infer to one's True Nature? Not Always. You can not always tell a Good People by the Good Acts he commits nor an Evil person by the Evil acts he commits. Such as, you can very easily be a "Good" person and still commit a Horrible Act! Likewise, you can be a Completely Horrible Person yet still you could easily commit an Act that is perceived as "Good." But does such acts do not necessarily allude to one's true nature. Even today, there are certain people who are Likewise "Good People" doing things that would be interpreted as horrible because they believe that they're doing them in the Name of "Good" while there are others, who are inherently "Evil", also doing "Good" things only to disguise their true agenda. Good People can do bad Things and Bad People can do good things. It's doesn't necessarily mean that they are Good or Bad based on their actions. But what it does mean that if you do something that is Perceived as Good or Evil, you must accept the fact that you will often be perceived as such but those who perceive it to be. But just one act isn't "The Noose" as it were. People will more often then not take into account All prior acts before condemning you to judgment, one way or another, so long as they Know about all of your past acts. Otherwise, you'll be rated on Known Acts only.

As far as Karma s concerned, all acts you commit are known and Tallied by the “Systemâ€. If you Commit a Negative Act (as in Negative as perceived by the System) you will receive a "Mark" against you. The Worse the Act is Perceived, the more Marks are put against you. And Karma will always keep Calculating and Recalculating those Marks and will test your "Luck" against them.

Of course, in Game Karma will be something much more complex then just "Keeping the Game Balanced." Just Being Hit out of nowhere by a Bolt of Lightning cause you killed that Unicorn a week ago isn't much fun. That's way such an in-game Karma system will also be based more an "Alignment System" as well. For every Positive or Negitive Act you perform, you'll have a Mark Tallied against you. In an Normal Karma system, Negitive Points will be removed as soon as something Negitive happens to you.

But in a Alignment-Karma System, It works differently. It does work something like a "Black and White Scale" where every player Starts in the middle of the Scale (representing the fact we all start Nutrual. The for every Positive act we do, we'll receive a Positive Mark moving the scale 1 point closer to white. And every Negitive Act we perform, the Scale will move back 1 point towards black. The more sever the act is, the more points we'll each. And then the futher we are along the scale, the more "good" or "evil" are concidered. One act will never determine whether we are either "Bood" and "Evil." Will take many acts to move the scale in one direction or another. One truely substantial Act might add a good amount of point to your Karma Level, causing it to either Dip severly or Raise Sharply but you'll never be concidered "Good" or "Evil" because of one act.

And of course, the Game will then be shaped accordingly. Certain NPCs will treat you differently based on your standing. If you Good, Evil people might not like you much while other Good people will treat you better. And Vice Versa with Evil people. It's no different then in real life frankly. It's just a lot more fun to play then in real life.

Metaphors are fine. Let me guess, you read Rousseau ;)

Never had the Pleasure. I read ....... "Different" Kinds of books.

Edited by Kami

not good at rewards, so im only gonna do punishments. i was thinking that the punishments would get worse and worse the more unicorns you kill.

1st offence (1-2 killed): PKable for 3 ingame days

2nd offense (3-4 killed): all monsters in map converge on the unicorn's killer

3rd offense (5-6 killed): al lvls set to 0 for 3 ingame days

4th offense (7-8 killed) 3 most valuable items (in storage or inventory) of unicorn's killer are destroyed

5th offense (9-10 killed) all lvls set to 0 for 1 ingame day + PKable

6th offense (11-12 killed) all lvls set to 0 +PKable + all monsters coverging on killer (multi combat)

7th offense (13-14+ killed) 1st-4th offenses all at once for 2 ingame days

1st offence (1-2 killed): PKable for 3 ingame days

2nd offense (3-4 killed): all monsters in map converge on the unicorn's killer

3rd offense (5-6 killed): al lvls set to 0 for 3 ingame days

1st offence = pvp training on non-pk map

2nd offence = afk training on animals

after 3rd you wont be able to kill anything anymore, so no need to set 4th-7th offences

BTW

Everybody 'developing' punishments ! Looking at that... there will be no prize that will be worth all above loses... unless EACH unicorn will drop full plate armor (lol, j/k) but seriously, there are no reward covering loses (PK/lvls to 0/mute/neg perks etc) so ppl will kill only like 1-2 unicorns to 'try' them, not for 'prizes'.

Right this is going back to posts 89, 90 and 91 i think,

I was saying about the droping of the unicorns blood, and how it will do the effects that it would do, (sorry i havent refered back, just read and youll understand. ) but the idea is that the unicorn blood would be mixed with other various items and made into a potion, and this potion would be taken where ever the player chooses, so it is not an effect straight from killing the unicorn, but an effect of making a potion and drinking it, thus drinking the unicorns blood. And also instead of the player being able to drop items they can become dammaged, 50% just like loosing them, this would give the player the chance to drink the potion, if he/she chooses, and also gives him/her the chance to sell the pot/blood to another player.

Sum Up.

Baisically instead of the player having a bad thing happen to him/her straight away, they have the choice of drinking the potion, and iff they do then they gain certain attribues, or good things for the period of time, or they could decide to not drink the pot and just be normal, so they do not gain/loose anyhting from killing the unicorn, but they can decide if they would like to.

Iff there are any people who would like to have an idea just message me, and please message me if ypu do not understand.Thank u and goodnight (when i say night i mean morning)

Why does this has to be killed, why not play with it with flowers and a wonderfull sky and give it a big stroke and sing songs together ;)

the idea of making a unicorn killer pk-able for x-days, ive seen a few times, and to be honest, it's not really a good one, coz seeing as this creature will be sooooo strong, so will it's killer, now how many people are gonna attack donped if he does it... and then u see my point...

not really...some people will just attack for the sheer fun of it. Then they get to say "Hey lookit me...i pk'd with donpedro"

*starts thinking about printing up the T-shirts.....*

Hmm......now THERES a thought.....

the idea of making a unicorn killer pk-able for x-days, ive seen a few times, and to be honest, it's not really a good one, coz seeing as this creature will be sooooo strong, so will it's killer, now how many people are gonna attack donped if he does it... and then u see my point...

176544[/snapback]

Ok... what if you were given the chance to do a PK fight with DonPedro (or Shivar :blink:), and he only had an effective attack and defence level of 0, and P/C of 4? One of the ideas was for all levels to get dropped to 0/current, which means you'd be fighting a newb-ized DonPedro (or Shivar :)).

What would this mean?

-Weak attacks and defending for him.

-If he takes off his armor, it's not going back on for awhile.

-High level mage? He's still limited to Healing spell only.

Penalty:A grue eats you in pk maps when some strong pker appears:D:D:D:D:D:D,

no bot/npc talks to you for 1 days(u gotta be logged on 1 EL day) and all animals are agressive to you.

Items:0~30k,modable tit axe(30%),tit axe(70%),iron full(plate 50%,greaves and cuisses 60%) or being an admin for 1 rl day(0,1%).

Penalty:A grue eats you in pk maps when some strong pker appears:D:D:D:D:D:D,

no bot/npc talks to you for 1 days(u gotta be logged on 1 EL day) and all animals are agressive to you.

177202[/snapback]

Not too big a penalty, I mean, you see DonPedro and *poof* you're no longer logged in... you lose nothing, but could get quite annoying if he decided to just sit there... I do like the rest of it.

Items:0~30k,modable tit axe(30%),tit axe(70%),iron full(plate 50%,greaves and cuisses 60%) or being an admin for 1 rl day(0,1%).

177202[/snapback]

I don't know I'd want to trust anyone with admin powers like that, even if it is only 1/1,000 chance.... I mean, that's greater chances than EFEs... and I'm CERTAIN that there are high level a/d players I wouldn't trust in the game with such powers.

How about lowering the breakability of the players items for a set duration, or even permanently - for the items that were carried at the time, as a punishment? And an increase of the endurance of those items for a reward?

I was thinking about what pros it would be 2 kill a unicorn and here's my suggestion:

A unicorn sword with higher stats then the serp sword.

How to make the sword:

For the handle mix:

1 Handle

1 gold bar

1 silver bar

10 FE

You'll get a sword handle with gold/silver figures/lines sighns or something similar

Then u got a handle u can combine with the uni. horn.

Make a sword out of the uni. horn mix:

1 Uni. horn

5 sanders

10 Earth Ess

10 WE

You'll get a Uni.horn sword edge.

Combining the sword handle with the Uni. horn edge mix:

1 Uni. horn sword edge

1 Sword handle

1 EFE

1 EWE

And you'll have a Uni. horn sword! :D

(it can be other essences or more or less of them and so on, i don't know how much Es it takes 2 make axes but the uni horn sword should be more expencive then they r 2 make)

Edited by Entris

All i want to know is IF the horsey thing is in the game yet or when it'll be in the game.. i wanna look at it... :lol: :lol:

ok, these ideas might already have been suggested, but im to lazy to read the whole thing :)

the unicorn picks up everything that the person it kills drops, otherwise the unicorn spawn would be full of newbs with MM cloaks. but when the unicorn is killed, it drops everything it has picked up, adding to the reward.

The unicorn, of course, drops its horn, which if you use to make a sword/essence it will be a magic sword/enriched essence.

sorry if these ideas have already been suggested. :D

[EDIT] oh yeah, forgot. a few PPs would be good for the reward also.

Edited by Alderan

This topic isn't closed so i guess i'm not too late :blush:

ok - as this thread is getting quite big - i have put together a summary of ideas posted. (ONLY FOR PENALTIES/REWARDS all other stuff you can read through the posts for)

arnieman

Gods would lose favor to one who kills their favored beasts.

Would be a loss of all god bonuses, and a refusal by all gods to allow you to serve. Permanent loss of god favors, and temporary refusal.

Evil gods could be construed as actually favoring the death of good beasts

172343[/snapback]

I like the idea of negative God's ranks (even for godless players), so u can use in a wide kind of quests. This way, killing an Unicorn can give u -n ranks in Aluwen and Unolas (and a very negative rank can reduce ur exp 50% or more).

I wasnt able to read through all of the pages, but how about this as a negitive? all your skills and nexii are set to 0/* (where * is the normal level), making it so the person had to wait a while before doing anything.