Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Unicorns

Ok I am sure I made a topic about this a while ago..but I cannot find it at all, so I'll just start it over :P

Anyway..I want unicorns in the game to be special, when you kill one, something very bad happens to you. And, you get a very special rare item. Also, unicorns are hard to kill, and even use magic by healing themselves during battle, and after battle, and using attack magic spells at you as well as normal physical damage.

So, killing one, the reward is great, but there needs to be a big penalty..as killing a unicorn is VERY BAD.

Let's discuss here what these rewards/penalties can be :D

Oh..killing unicorns..the penalty should be a ban for 3 days..at LEAST..:P

And rewards..well..none..or perhaps....a special forum section where you can LOOK at unicorns..but not touch....

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

i remember the original thread (and i did a thorough search, and could not find it)

iirc, some suggestions ranged from making the person (who killed it) antisocial - to a drop in att/def xp (i like the 2nd one)

but, for such a terrible thing, the rewards must be worthwhile...perhaps the chance for a rare ubber nice new item as a drop ? (in my opinion there are no rare items at the moment)

PENALTIES

• removal of xp (xp gained in battle *5)
  • made antisocial
  • made pkable for 1 day

REWARDS

• unicorn horn - gives xp *10 for 7 days (from time found) then degrades and dissapears (rare drop - not from every unicorn obviously)
  • new rare cape ?
  • magic sword

ill add more if i think of some

Edited by crannog

some people are already antisocial, especially fighters. Especially these kinds of players will fight the Unicorn, since it's gonna be a hard enemy.

So I believe we need a punishment that really hurts fighters.

I think the reward should be good, but not too good. Players should really think if they can afford or dare to attack a unicorn.

Exp lose is realy Bad

How about..he breaks ur armor quiker with his horn ? :P

Reward: Invisibility cloak :P (or anything else new or good)

Penalty: Hellspawn for a day and some sor of Poison that does 3 dmg/minute for the duration of an hour.

nah people wil kill smeg lot of unicorns a day long b4 they go on holiday :P

we need something that is anoying evry time you kill a unicorn..

Rewards can be the horn wich can be used as metal ? for bether weapons and stuff

or Exp boosts of +4000 OA :-P

Edited by Shivar

I don't think there should be permanent penalties... but Crannog's are good, but being weird, I would get 50/50 a/d (Mainly all i want) then kill a bunch of unicorns and then well, I'd be stinkin rich. but I'm nearly one of a kind :P or since DonPedro is so high... I don't know O.o

some people are already antisocial, especially fighters. Especially these kinds of players will fight the Unicorn, since it's gonna be a hard enemy.

So I believe we need a punishment that really hurts fighters.

I think the reward should be good, but not too good. Players should really think if they can afford or dare to attack a unicorn.

171970[/snapback]

Killing Unicorns??? that's a no-no, i think it should give bad karma (and since there is no carma system) the players should be made pk-able for 7 ingame days (they have to be logged on).

* Maybe as an extra negative bonus their mana points should be set to 0 for a brief period of time. After all by killing a unicorn you have succesfuly agrivated the ehterial forces of the universe.

Edited by giannis

I like the experience loss punishment-it definitely would make you think ;-) Perhaps a loss of x levels instead of y exp. points? Or perhaps reduced experience/no experience gain for either a certain amount of time or a certain number of fights? (e.g. 2 days or 20 monsters)

how about at block on gaining XP for a certain period of time ?

171980[/snapback]

Not bad enough... if you consider they will be getting something very valuable in return.

How about to get each and every negative perk all at once for a brief period of time, lets call it a "cosmic curse".

Edited by giannis

I also think that loosing EXP in a skill is a good idea..maybe a random skill? and a random amount? but it'd be a good amount

Perhaps a loss of x levels instead of y exp. points?

removing whole lvls? i'm lucky if i get a/d lvl in 1-2 week

How about, along with everything else negative, adding a small chance that a Lighting will strike you and kill you in the next seven in game days thus loosing all their stuff?

How about, along with everything else negative,  adding a small chance that a Lighting will strike you and kill you in the next seven in game days thus loosing all their stuff?

171991[/snapback]

lol then i would be too afraid to log on :P

umm,

how about something like you get a mute but not just any ordinary mute, you wouldn't be able to talk to anyone not even in #gm or pm's or like a few days.

or maybe you can lose health like every 2 or some seconds, maybe like 5 per and that would go on for a few days without stopping.

so that would cause the player to constantly have to keep on healing themselves which would cause a shortage of health essences/health pots/spirit rests. and for those who would just die and stay in hell the poison would stop affecting them then but when they came back out of hell it would start up again. so that way it wouldn't be like cheating against the punishment.

-kat

well...no point giving neg perks...some ppl have them all already.

no point giving something as a temp punishment...like the loss of levels etc.

random xp loss would work, or a block in gaining ANY xp for any skill for a week ebul...

Yes, Yes, Yes! I completely agree. I've been Waiting until Unicorns were added.

I'll add my own view of Unicorns, as I'm a big fan of them.

Well, assuming we'll have Karma in the game, Typically the Killing of a Unicorn is one of the worst Sins against both Nature and Order that anyone can do and would cause you're Karma to drop pert near the Lowest you can go. This would also affect the ways in which different characters of different Alignments would view you, such as Gods. Gods of both Natural and Good Alignment would curse you while Gods of Evil Alignment would look very favorly upon you.

Adversely, Casting a Healing spell on a injured Unicorn would give you a completely opposite effect in regards to a person's Karma but although Unicorns are notorious in forgiving pass aggressions, they look upon Goods Acts as every person's Responsiblity and not acts to be praised so don't expect to be showered in Gifts (Unicorn's have a very simple View of Good and Evil: Good is the Natural Order of the Universe and anything that upsets that Order is Evil.)

Although, Unicorns have been known to reward an act of kindness every so often, such as a Completely healing in return or even a favor to be returned later on in life.

Obviously, in Killing a Unicorn the reward would likely be the Unicorn's Horn. A Unicorn's Horn is a very blessed item but Its also been said that if a Unicorn dies in Pain, it’s Horn will become Cursed and would bring misery to anyone who holds it. Unicorns have also been known to imbed their Horn into the Trunk of a Tree, Causing it to brake off leaving behind an uncursed Horn for anyone who can dislodge it to keep. A Unicorn Horn, Even a Cursed one, is highly prized by Enchanted or Magical Beings. Evil Gods Greatly Value Unicorn horns and would reward you in return for as many as you can deliver to them. Other, Non-God beings would also reward you though not all value Cursed Horns equally.

Typically, Unicorns are known to be Immortal, as the only way to kill them is to inflict mortal wounds (or when a Unicorn decides that their Life is over and wish to move on to the next Life) but Unicorns are also highly fragile against physical Weapons with no real interest in fighting or of physical Prowess (although they've been known to Attack Lions on Sight, for unknown reasons). They have very High Life Points and Manna Points but aren't known to be aggressive against non-Evil Alignment characters so they'll typically flee from battle or even Vanish from Sight at the approach of a Person who isn't of very high Alignment.

(Sure, such mythology only pertains to Unicorns in Real Life, so it doesn't have to hold true in the game.)

Guest skaar
I also think that loosing EXP in a skill is a good idea..maybe a random skill? and a random amount? but it'd be a good amount

171985[/snapback]

a good amount would be 5-10 times the fight xp u get, but not on random skills.

maybe the random hits a skill u dont use like summon, pot, craft, manu, so it wouldn't be a punishment. and loosing xp in a skills like harvest or alch dont hurt at lvl's 40+

it's a bigger punishment if u loose def and att xp only, or maybe oA xp, that would hurt and it's useless for fighter's to "train" on the unicorns. they would only kill them for the drops but not that often.

a good drop would be a stone or horn, with which the next item u manu/craft/pot gets an modable/enriched item

Edited by heretic3kand1