Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pennifuin

Cash Drain Ideas

as to master skillperson, I currently use that to denote those on the top50 lists, probably having it available to top50 or top10 or something would work

yeah that would be cool!

top 50 would be better, still very exclusive! i like the idea of raising the Guild Price, another idea is like your suggestion for hiring the #gm, why not just pay a 'Guild Tax'? this entitles the guild to a messenger, guild chat and maybe we can think up some other perks, it wouldnt be much, perhaps 5-20k a month depending on guild size, this will encourage people thinking about makign a guild join other guilds, and reduce the number of smaller guilds, increase the existing guilds sizes and therefore creating a tighter knit community, AND be a good way to drain the cash.

Guest Gecko_Master
Also along the lines of transport, why not run a *cart* service? You pay the cart driver and you are transported to the cart stop you choose, the further you go, the more you pay.  This would be handy for places such as Grahms and Morcraven Marsh. It would be just like taking a boat ride, but instead of clicking the flag, you talk to an NPC and you are transported to your desired location

171936[/snapback]

As ive said in a post, why add dragons and use them as a means of transportaion from contenent to contenet, and like the cart suggestion, talk to the NCP.

This idea was already brought up somewhere but I think it goes well with the 'service fee' ideas here: paying a daily maintence for a bank account. Everyone who registered would have expanded storage capacity, be able to carry more then 35 items, and the ability to transfer items to other account holders without phystically removing them from storage. It could even be tiered so that people who can afford to can get greater benefits.

These aren't my ideas, just thought they tied into this and wouldn't disrupt the game mechanics too much.

I don't like to repeat myself, but I really doubt more cash would get out of the game, if the price for guilds would become higher! Less guilds would be created, so all in all less money would leave the game.

you just have to mediate the price so that similar number of guilds are created but overall more cash is being spent. i think if it was bumped up to 40k, people would still create a fair few guilds

yeah that storage idea is good. Dragons...hmm..they are supposed to be quite godlyin el mythology... i doubt they would demean themselves by offering their services to us measly mortals.:):P

what about having something like an animal/ monster/ dragon tamer npc? you could possibly rent out monsters , dragons, or animals for various purposes, and you would pay more for a more powerful monster. pplus, a hefty charge for if you got the rented creature killed (so, if ppl rented them out for battle, they would have to pay more). you could use it for things like transportation, battle support, or a mule for bringing matirials from your position to storage, or just to hold the stuff.the creatures that are rented would also last longer than summoned creatures , but would cost tons of money and have more uses. this could take money out of game because even though the rate of making harvesting/manufacturing/crafting/alchemy is increased, the ppl using them would have to pay money for the creature's services, there fo taking out a large part of the player's profits.

example1: someone who uses a creature to sell lilacs while he/she keps harvesting, then at the end of the el day, he/she has to pay rent for the creature, and that takes a fairly large amount of his/her profit for that day, and slowes down the amount that person makes.

example2:someone rents out maybe, a horse for transportaion. the person makes no money from this, but it takes considerably less time to get to the desired destination. plus, if the person rents out a flying creature, he/she has to pay more because it would take even less time to get to the destination.

example3:large numbers of fairly powerful monsters are rented out for say, a guild war. this in itself is taking out a hefty sum of money from the game. then, most likely many of them will be killed, which takes out an even larger amount of money, whether or not the guild wins.one problem ive noticed with this is that, with so much money leaving the game, prices would dramaticly change with every guild war.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another idea i had was that if you food level goes as far below zero as possible, the player loses health. this would encourage people to bring food into wherever they get money from. this will limit the amount of matirials that each player can hold at once, therefor slowing down the player's money gain slightly.

this is all i could think of at the moment. more ideas will be posted as they come.