Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

logging into the forums...

EVERY SINGLE time I open my browser or go to the link to get to these forums, I have to log in. It NEVER remembers to keep me logged in(and yes I did check the little box to keep me logged in). It does have my UN & password saved though when I click on "log in". THey don't appear in the quick log in though.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm using Firefox, the newest version. Other forums work fine for me..except this one :huh:

I am using internet explorer and unless i specificly demand to log out, every time I visit the forums I am logged in. so i guess i do not have the same problem

Edited by giannis

EVERY SINGLE time I open my browser or go to the link to get to these forums, I have to log in. It NEVER remembers to keep me logged in(and yes I did check the little box to keep me logged in). It does have my UN & password saved though when I click on "log in". THey don't appear in the quick log in though.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm using Firefox, the newest version. Other forums work fine for me..except this one :D

171687[/snapback]

Yes, I have the exact same problem. And it has been so since the upgrade to the premium version.

EDIT: I'm using Internet Explorer

Edited by Derin

I'm using firefox also and I don't have that problem. I have to specifically log out to make me need to relog in. Or delete my cookies, but otherwise it works fine for me.

Mine's worse - there is no apparent pattern to whether I'm logged in or out on each visit.

Mine worked until the update for the forums as well...and in fact, it did happen in the past, but then Cicero did something to the forums that fixed that. It might be the same thing...I'll see if I can find anything, but not likely :P

I use 2 PC's to surf the net at home, one remembers me what ever I do to it (except deleting the cookies), the other one doesn't remember me what ever I try doing....

very strange, isn't it ? :lol:

it is verry simple, login and then bookmark the logged in page, this will save enough information to be able to autologin. if you just have the start page bookmarked it does not have the extra information to store your login details.

I had the same problem and was about to complain but then it stopped and now it remembers unless i delete history and such. I dont really remember if i did anything or why it stopped. I use firefox also. Maybe you clicked 'No' when it asks to remember password and have the box 'Do not ask me again' checked or something so it didnt ask to remember for the forums?

Or maybe you have firefox set so it doesnt save anything?

Edited by shasso

the bookmark the logged in page will solve the problem. I'll explain why.

the webpage name systems are usually smart enough that something like `eternal-lands.com' and `www.eternal-lands.com' go to the same place. This happens here as well.

However. Firefox sees these as potentially different sites, and so won't send the cookies if you go to the other one.

making sure you always have the `www.' in front should fix this problem. using a bookmark with the right addy will also solve the issue

I use Netscape 7, and now Netscape 8 and I have the same problem. I have to log in EVERYTIME i visite the forums. I cant make it rember me. This is the only forums I have this problem with, all others remember me fine. This is the only site I have to log in EVERYTIME i visit it. I guess its comforting to know Im not the only one.

*edit* I bookmark www.eternal-lands.com page then click on the forums link to come here. Maybe that is the problem. If I change my bookmark to the forums directly it could remember me somehow.

Edited by jimmythesaint

I use latest firefox as well and have this problem most of the time. Sometimes the forum remembers me, most of the time it doesn't.

yay! bookmarking the logged in page did work for me!! :D

Everyone else who's having problems try this!

Thanks a lot guys :(