Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Magentix

About capes

Hi, I have noticed that in the folder C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\md2 there are some cap graphics called for example: cape_mod, cape_moonshadow, etc.

I had some questions about this:

1. Did they pay to have their cape put into the md2 directory?

2. Are they buyable ingame or do people have to replace regulars with these ones in the md2 folder?

3. If I would ask to include one i made into the md2 folder AND i would replace my black cape with the new one: would people see a regular black cape or a special cape?

4. If 3. doesn't work, how do I make people see my customly designed cape?

Hi, I have noticed that in the folder C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\md2 there are some cap graphics called for example: cape_mod, cape_moonshadow, etc.

I had some questions about this:

1. Did they pay to have their cape put into the md2 directory?

2. Are they buyable ingame or do people have to replace regulars with these ones in the md2 folder?

3. If I would ask to include one i made into the md2 folder AND i would replace my black cape with the new one: would people see a regular black cape or a special cape?

4. If 3. doesn't work, how do I make people see my customly designed cape?

171674[/snapback]

mod cape is given to all mods. no cost. moonshadow is one of the people doing a lot of dev. I'm guessing that one wasn't paid for with cash. you can pay to have a custom cape included in the next release.

replacing the one in your md2 directory will only affect what you see, not others. only way is to sent everyone your file or pay and get it included (US$200 I heard one time)

One only you could wear - or anyone who gets the cloak. It will of course not be given to anyone else than you. Furthermore these capes are undroppable so you will not get problems with people taking your cape should you die.

Guest skaar

+wooot, 200$ is hard :D or does it belongs to a whole guild ?

Edited by heretic3kand1

A few of the Developers have put a lot of time and effort into the game and they have been awarded with personalized capes. The names that have personal capes to date (to my knowledge) are: Wytter, Moonshadow, Ravenod, Rouge and Quell, I have seen most of them in the game. Beautiful capes.

Their is talk of Guild items, special Guild armour and capes with logos imbossed on them, but I think these are still ideas and not set up yet.

Edited by Brom

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this