Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Simpson

Short Idea

Once only one race existed yet they warred constantly among themselves. In order to protect themselves nations researched and created great weapons of war. On one fatefull day the first attack was launched. The leaders of the great nations hid in bunkers under the earth and continued to war with eachother. After years when this race had all but destroyed itselve the last surviving mage created a powerful crystal. It is fabled that with this crystal he opened a door to the Eternal Lands. In learning about this portal the surving people of the destroyed world went to the mage and asked him for permision to take this doorway to the new world. The mage told them that he would do nothign to stop them but the price of using the portal was a great one. The few survivers payed no heed to him and filed through the portal.

Well I could finish but only if people like this story line. I am aware that it needs some work and even in this short blurb much needs to be edited. If you like it tell me and ill make a longer version for you to edit.

*Raises his hand*

I like it. Please continue!

As the refugees stepped through the portal each of they fell into a deep sleep. Their bodies floated around in the void between worlds for days on end. The mage had known this would happen and used all his powers to keep the unconcious bodies alive. Then slowly he began releasing the spirits of the refugees. These spirits had no memories of their past life but all of them awoke after having the same strange dream. They saw a man sitting at a desk next to what looked like a giant crystal. Even though he was small something about him radiated power. In the beggining of the dream the man was writing something. Then he looked up and looked out in front of him at what seemed to be nothing. Then he spoke in a deep commanding voice. "My friends, although you probably do not remember I am sorry for allowing you to use the portal but the survival of yourself and your race may depend on your actions. When you wake up you will be in the void between worlds. I want you to continue through the void until you find a doorway that is glowing green. When you step through you will find yourself in peacefull place known as the eternal lands. These mysterious lands hold your salvation. You must locate a shard of my crystal that broke off. This crystal will allow you to return to your bodies and memories. Then, and only then, you and your race may continue to the new world. Once you find the shard finding a way back to me will be difficult but you must succede in your task. I wish I could explain more to you know but my power is failing. Good luck."