1. 1. Has this ever happened to you?

• Dude... all the time
    • Some times
    • Only once
    • Never
    • Can't remember/not sure
    • I've experienced something simillar but not the same
    • When I grow up i want to be just like King_fr00b

Weirdest thing I ever had that could be remotly related to this: I was dreaming that i was in the middle of a gunfight, for some reason I was running straight at the guys and they kept missing me. All of my friends were dying, their brains spllattered over walls and what not. I reached the first man and decapitated him, was in the proceess of doing a roundhouse to the head of another guy. I wake up and am about 5 feet off my bed, I reached out to touch the wall but it wasnt there, I started to freak and shake like crazy. at which point I fell back down on my bed and could move again..... you never forget something like that. It only happened once though.

uhh..well, robot monsters were attacking me and Bill Cosby was my dad...  :D

170624[/snapback]

That is the greatest thing ever said.

Thanks Giannis, i'll remember this if it ever happens; then I wont be able to get to sleep because i'll be thinking of EL... ;)

I don't know if what you had was awareness during sleep paralysis or just a dream. You see I am not an expert on the subject. However there are many levels of sleep paralysis, me and Khorhil seem to be at one end, you might be on the other side of the spectrum (or not on the spectrum at all).You might actualy had milder symptoms of the condition like a "dream" in which you fall and immediatly after you are waken up by the inertia of your body as it hits the bed (it never actualy hits the bed since you never actualy levitated, but it feels like it,) that is also a case of sleep paralysis or one of the symptoms assosiated with it.

I can really relate to this. Sometimes when I am sleeping I just have a 3 second dream where I'm walking and I fall backwards, and I "wake up" in the middle of the fall, so I have this wierd falling-but-not-really feeling. It's wierd but also interesting :)

I got it repeatedly the other day, I was chilling out on the sofa sort of half asleep but not quite and I found that I couldn't move. Just the shock of it woke me up a bit and I could move fine again, it happened abut three or four times, seems you don't have to be completely out of it for your brain to shut down your body.

I always thought it'd be appropriate to artificially induce paralysis to prisoners convicted of certain crimes (rape, murder, paedophilia ect..)

That'd teach them a lesson.

The only things noticible from my dreams/sleep is this:

1.Every time I wake up, whether it was a nightmare or not, I always breath in deeply and fast whenever I wake up.

2.Alot of the dreams I remember Turn out to be real, I once had a dream about these black stones that had a specific power within them, i had telekenesis and time, it wasnt in the dream, but when i woke up they were remembered to me as the "knowledge stones". I then looked them up on google..

http://www.labyrinthina.com/ica.htm

Found this. and that isnt the only time ive had things like that happen.

I also once woke up midway through falling off my bed and landed on my hands and feet, spiderman style.

:P

Aside from the fact that I very rarely dream (in other words, 99.8% nightmares, 2%--well, let's just say, I'm 15...) :P:w00t:

I've never had sleep paralysis...quite the opposite, actually. My least favorite (or most, depending on the situation...more on that later) sensation in the world is the "half asleep" feeling...you all know what I'm talking about, when you're halfway between consciousness and falling asleep...and like I mentioned, I always have nightmares, so I'll be sitting in my room (incidentally...my house is haunted...no, I'm serious...'twas and old schoolhouse...you learn to deal with the doors opening on their own and weird sounds in the night :blink: )

Anyway, I'll be sitting in my room, y'know, hearing all sourts of @#!*'in freaky sounds...like, banshees and little girls (one word: exorcist)...seeing demons flying around, everything's on fire...pretty much what it seems you'd sense in sleep paralysis, only I literally see it, and the worst part is, I'm still half awake, so I can like go up and touch stuff. I've sword-fought mutated forms of my friends with household items...now that was weird...

And the weirdest part of all...my mind can totally trick my body...I mean, just the other night I had an experience like this, and one of my cats turned into this mutated...fluffy-rabbit-type thing...and it bit my leg...and damn, it still hurts.

But the cool part about it is...if you somehow are able to control what you see, it's pretty much a lucid[correct term?] dream...and time literally FLYS by during these "experiences"...I can have a half-dream like this and it can feel like 5 minutes, next thing I know an entire hour's gone by.

Erm...maybe I should go see someone about this... :P;):blink::huh::P

Oh yeah, and whenever I actually have a dream, they're often the kind that come true...pfft, boring :doze:

Edited by Tumaros

The only things noticible from my dreams/sleep is this:

2.Alot of the dreams I remember Turn out to be real, I once had a dream about these black stones that had a specific power within them, i had telekenesis and time, it wasnt in the dream, but when i woke up they were remembered to me as the "knowledge stones". I then looked them up on google..

180662[/snapback]

Ive had something like this, but much weirder. First, before i post it, is it ever been heard of to have seen something yet to happen in a dream? Also, is being able to be injured in a dream, but still feel the pain when you wake up a form of sleep paralisis?

Ive had something like this, but much weirder. First, before i post it, is it ever been heard of to have seen something yet to happen in a dream? Also, is being able to be injured in a dream, but still feel the pain when you wake up a form of sleep paralisis?

180785[/snapback]

Dunno.

But Time and Fate will find a way to make it come true. It always does.

(if not here then maybe in the afterlife..)

BTW wth is the point of these smilies?

:medieval::mace::bow_arrow: :battleaxe_rune: :battleaxe: :axeman_rune:

No purpose at all

180785[/snapback]

1. Something yet to happen happening in a dream: I have to say it happens. Had a couple myself, nothing on a grandscale importance that I know of. I mean, I have the dream, no clue what it means, then it happens and all is clear, happening exactly as the dream went.

2. I've heard of it, that your mind would think you actually got hurt, and so you feel it outside of the dream.

i have had feeling that i am dreaming but i cant open my eyes ore move, also i get my legs, and arms numb when i wake up.and today i was having a dream of fighting someone, he hit me in chest, and when i woke up i had strange feeling in chest.and i get those half asleep falling dreams pretty often, 2 days ago it scared me realy alot.and i also had dreams in what i am in fight, but cant move, if i can then i am realy slow.

It must be something to do with brains...though i DO belive in aliens and stuff like that, but i just know it aint that.oh yeah i see dreams about aliens pertty often...and it feels like reality, and then i woke up, always look at doors is thee anybody standing near them.then i just realize that it was just dream..pretty freaky dream.

Aye. I've had this happen to me constantly. I use to get Sleep Paraplysis all the time back all through High School. And I do mean in High School. First time was in 9th Grade. I fell asleep in Math Class (Who wouldn't?) and woke up like that, Perfectly aware of everything going on around me yet I couldn't Move, Talk and Shivering from the Cold. I actually thought I was dead. I was so scared that I actually tried to scream. I totally Freaked. Last thing I remember was falling back asleep and waking again an hour later. And I do know it was an hour as I could plainly see the Clock on the wall the whole time this was happening.

After That, It kept happening again at least once a week for 4 straight years, always during School when I kept falling asleep. It got so back that I often tried to resist falling asleep in Class, by any means nessacary but back in my High School Days I wasn't very good at staying awake so it couldn't always control it.

After a few times of it happening with no resulting effects, I decided to experiment with it a few times. I even thought maybe it was some sort of OBE (Out of Body Experince) and, after calming myself down and getting a grip on my nerves, I tried different ways to wake myself like focusing on one body part and attemping to "Will" it to move but with no luck. After a while, I learnt the easiest way to wake myself was just to fall back asleep again. Then you'll allow your body to wake up normally. The hard part was just trying not to freak out everytime it happens and just calm down.

In fact, after School ended, I haven't had a single case of it in over 5 years until one day I dosed off on my couch and it happened again. After that, I realised something: It was cold in my house. Not "Freezing" cold but just too far below what it was comfertible. Then I remember that all through High School, every one of my Classes in which I had this happen was also really Cold. That's why My theory is that the Temperture of the Room at the Time in which I awoke had something to do with the State in which I awoke.

It's a Working Theory but so far, it was the only constant variable in all cases in which I've experinced Sleep paralysis. Everytime, the Temperture in the Room was very Cold.

But all in all, It still scares the Hell out of me sometimes just remembering it.

Weirdest thing I ever had that could be remotly related to this: I was dreaming that i was in the middle of a gunfight, for some reason I was running straight at the guys and they kept missing me. All of my friends were dying, their brains spllattered over walls and what not. I reached the first man and decapitated him, was in the proceess of doing a roundhouse to the head of another guy. I wake up and am about 5 feet off my bed, I reached out to touch the wall but it wasnt there, I started to freak and shake like crazy. at which point I fell back down on my bed and could move again..... you never forget something like that. It only happened once though.

176123[/snapback]

I've done sometime like that once. I dont remember what my dream was about but the only thing I remember was waking up while airborn just in time to hit the wall. Appearantly, I took a Flying leap off my bed and slammed head-first into the wall on the other side of my room. Talk about waking with a start.

And I've fell out of my bed a few times too but usually that only because I got my legs wrapped up in my sheets while asleep and I often sleep walk.

I've even had a lot of instances where I'd wake up in the middle of the night in a state of Terror without any idea of where I am and I'll jump out of bed and stumble around my room in a Haze trying to get a grip on any concept of reality that I can, usually breaking things in the process. That is one of my worse sleep related fears. It happens far too often for my tastes and I've never been able to overcome them. And worse yet is that I can never even remember what it was that I was dreaming beforehand to even explain why I did that!

I had some sorta pumpin dream ( oO ). I was sleeping and woke up in SLO MO (no kiddin) everything was real slow , I could clearly feel my heartbeat and hear it. A few hours later I had a Taekwondo training, we had to spar ( by far not my best side - meh too slow :P ) and we had 2 min rounds , and I had no control over my body , and absolutley no thoughts and I was a lot faster than normal and scored a lot more than usual. If I get sleep paralysys I might die of shock, how long do they usually last ( I'm afraid to go to sleep :''( )?

well , I have to comment that . what you said is complete sciencetific BULLSHIT.

When is a ghost is a ghost holding you , you can't even talk when the ghost do that.