Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hive

not working

ok when i downloaded EL i only had the game and not the map editor and i was wondering where it was soooo i down loaded it at the top of this topic where rosas pinned message was.

i down loaded it and its on a zip file im all filled with joy until it says "this application failed to start because SDL.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this application" so i did what i said, i re-installed it but it still comes up with exactly the same thing so im reeaaally ****** off with it it and i am going to explode if i don't find out what is going wrong!!!

Okay, from what you have said, I'm asuming you don't have the full client, some stuff are probably missing, or you've got an update version, not the full thing, so the only advice I can give you is:

1. Go Here and scroll down, download the version that matches your Operating System (Linux/Windows)

2. Even though it includes it, you should download the newest Map Editor

3. Then give it a go,

If it still doesn't work, try getting help from the big guys (the programmers :P)

Hope this helps :D

This means, you didn't install it into your EL directory, where SDL.dll is distributed. <_<

This means, you didn't install it into your EL directory, where SDL.dll is distributed. <_<

170024[/snapback]

i don't understand??

whats an EL directory??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

whats an EL directory??????????? <stupidity snipped>

170041[/snapback]

first off... don't ever do all those question marks again, kay? one is enough in most cases, rarely three.

now, the default in windows is `C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\`

this is where eternal lands is installed, and the map maker has to be there too (no doubt it already is, and you just don't have a shortcut)

ok hive what it sounds like you have done is just downloaded the map editor client and put it on your destop, which wont work at all. you need to go into my computer, then C drive, the program files, then there should be a folder called EL go in that and look for the map maker in there, but if you don't know where the EL folder is I really don't think you will be able to use the map editor..........