Eternal Lands Official Forums
Xilcox

some suggestions

Ok i haven't really played in a long time (6 month or so), and since my WoW account stoped working for a while i thought i'd revisit my old game a bit. Some stuff that struck me that would really make a difference (imo)...

So here are some small suggestions from me:

- Why isn't the mm perk removed already ? Keep the mm cape for those who need it, but the mm perk really makes the game boring, and screws with the sense of acheivement/difficulty of finding certain stuff, etc, etc... Just give the pp back to whoever has it, remove it from the player files and the wraith and that's it.

At least remove it whenever you think this is "gold", if it's still there for beta purposes.

- More content in terms of what you can do at higher levels in different skills.. nothing new there and people could do everything there is 6 month ago, you really need some higher level stuff in all the skills. I know there are those nice magic weapons you sell, at least insert "modding" and stuff.

- More mobs !. It seems there are too few higher and mid-level mobs for the population and it's half what the server is supposed to host (1000) at most.

- I don't know is the playable "for pay" extra continent there yet ? I thought it was mostly a matter of map-making/modeling stuff. It's money guys :)

- And the fist fighting. There's got to be something wrong with a game where fighting with a weapon makes you a noob :lol: (except for pk maps ofc).

I think you should either make the attack level increase with damage done instead of hits or add an extra weapon-specific-skill and level that only when you use the weapon.

- Why isn't the mm perk removed already ? Keep the mm cape for those who need it, but the mm perk really makes the game boring, and screws with the sense of acheivement/difficulty of finding certain stuff, etc, etc... Just give the pp back to whoever has it, remove it from the player files and the wraith and that's it.

At least remove it whenever you think this is "gold", if it's still there for beta purposes.

I was actually hoping they might remove it completely, perk and cape. Oo Or atleast make it where, on certain maps, it doesn't work.

- More content in terms of what you can do at higher levels in different skills.. nothing new there and people could do everything there is 6 month ago, you really need some higher level stuff in all the skills. I know there are those nice magic weapons you sell, at least insert "modding" and stuff.

The systems are going to be undergoing renovation.. perhaps they will add a ton of things. :P

- More mobs !. It seems there are too few higher and mid-level mobs for the population and it's half what the server is supposed to host (1000) at most.

More of them are coming. Roja has already stated that plenty of times.

- I don't know is the playable "for pay" extra continent there yet ? I thought it was mostly a matter of map-making/modeling stuff. It's money guys :)

From what I can tell (and I can tell :P), the mapmaking is starting to finish up in some spots, but like any other person can tell you, it may be a good while. Can't predict things like this.

It's also a matter of using up a lot of time. :) You try building a semi-decent 64x64 or larger map.

- And the fist fighting. There's got to be something wrong with a game where fighting with a weapon makes you a noob :lol: (except for pk maps ofc).

I think you should either make the attack level increase with damage done instead of hits or add an extra weapon-specific-skill and level that only when you use the weapon.

Skill renovation.. I'm sure they have something planned to change about this too. Be patient. :)

Edited by Daxon

I'd quite like to see the the MM perk and cape split into two parts. Rename the current monster magnetism perk, monster magnetism for Seridia, and create an almost identical perk Monster Magnetism for Irillion for use after the new continent update.

The advantages of this are that there is no reason for MM perkers to be upset, the perk hasn't lost any power, it will keep the second continent for being discovered and charted extremely quickly. Paying a full 10 pick points for immunity to death in most areas seems more in balance than the current tradeoff of MM and I can't dance negating each others cost.

The disadvantage would probably still be MM perkers being upset, this seems to be the trend. Has the MM perk lost power by being ineffective on new maps? No. It still does as much as it always has done.

Alternatively, we could try dividing the MM perk/cloak up by monster type:

eg. Goblin Friend, Orc Friend, Ogre Friend, Cyclops Friend, etc.

Of course, we could then make it that a friend of goblins would get extra "special attention" from orcs, ogre friends aren't exactly cyclops friends, etc. (Monster factions, basically... allying yourself with one makes you an enemy of the other).

-Lyn-

Some ppl play this game for other reasons than fighting, the MM perk is designed for those ppl - the peaceful ones.

Alternatively, we could try dividing the MM perk/cloak up by monster type:

eg. Goblin Friend, Orc Friend, Ogre Friend, Cyclops Friend, etc.

Of course, we could then make it that a friend of goblins would get extra "special attention" from orcs, ogre friends aren't exactly cyclops friends, etc. (Monster factions, basically... allying yourself with one makes you an enemy of the other).

-Lyn-

169909[/snapback]

I'd really love to see this. Great idea!

I agree with Derlin on this, why should fighters get an advantage over explore half the maps on the game, where everyone else that dont fight can't go into them because you get ride of the mm perk and cloak? maybe get ride of the perk that way people have to pay like 8k and they can loss it, that would be fair, but you have to remember people like to explore, and most of them people aren't fighters so you can't take this away from them

Peacefull players don't need to go to areas such as Grubani, SKF, KF, TD, and so on. The important maps are nearly save.

getting an a/d of 20/20 is the work of a few hours, everyone can do that and is pretty save on the main maps.

maybe MM cloak could be somehow tied to certain skilllevels...

Edited by kl4Uz

Peacefull players don't need to go to areas such as Grubani, SKF, KF, TD, and so on. The important maps are nearly save.

getting an a/d of 20/20 is the work of a few hours, everyone can do that and is pretty save on the main maps.

maybe MM cloak could be somehow tied to certain skilllevels...

170118[/snapback]

what about naralik, MM, WS (at night), VC, etc? c'mon now, good harvesters need to go to these sorts of places

Hire guards, anyone? More player interaction, more money circulated between fighters and harvest/manu'ers, perhaps better guild projects, etc.

-Lyn-

Just brainstorming here... but how about having some rogues/thieves/ pirates/ barbarians that are basicly human/elves/dwarves etc and since they are not monsters (ergo have a brain/cerebral cortex/ their own will) monster magnetism wont affect their dessision to attack you.

The good thing will be that if characters like that are implemented as "monsters " then roja won't have to draw enything else just pick the armor/weapon of her choice and stick it to the human/elf/gnome etc. of her choice and she is set.

Just brainstorming here... but how about having some rogues/thieves/ pirates/ barbarians that are basicly human/elves/dwarves etc and since they are not monsters (ergo have a brain/cerebral cortex/ their own will) monster magnetism wont affect their dessision to attack you.

170181[/snapback]

Wouldn't this be an interesting proposition for some hostile bots?

There would need to be some flag to trigger them as hostile and PK'able on a certain map, which they always tried to return to. They could gain experience, possibly spend PPs (after they are killed, while passing thru IP).

There would have to be some limits, such as they don't attack too low level characters (not worth it), or too high (too dangerous), relative to their own abilities. They could even team up (AI permitted).

Maybe if a fighter type retires, they could surrender their character to immortality as a monster.

Humans are the deadliest of game...

Wouldn't this be an interesting proposition for some hostile bots? 

There would need to be some flag to trigger them as hostile and PK'able on a certain map, which they always tried to return to.  They could gain experience, possibly spend PPs (after they are killed, while passing thru IP). 

There would have to be some limits, such as they don't attack too low level characters (not worth it), or too high (too dangerous), relative to their own abilities.  They could even team up (AI permitted).

Maybe if a fighter type retires, they could surrender their character to immortality as a monster.

Humans are the deadliest of game...

170231[/snapback]

The issue with them being hostile bots is that the players would need to be PK'able, not just the bots.

You could always petition for the Ant_Queen to be able to defend her domain :blink:

Hire guards, anyone? More player interaction, more money circulated between fighters and harvest/manu'ers, perhaps better guild projects, etc.

-Lyn-

170172[/snapback]

I didn't even think of that, but Lyanna is totally right, there are so many ways.. this is no singleplayergame after all :blink:

-Lyn-

170172[/snapback]

while this idea sounds great, I dunno if it would work... say you go to naralik for emeralds, you need to pay a fighter strong enough to slay orcs. or several fighters to keep the area clear... would they do this for a portion of the value of emeralds?

the chances of this happening in a guild are far higher, because there's an interest in helping each other instead of just payment, but some guilds don't have a lot of interest in combat

then again, if steps were taken to make it so you really needed to have guards to get any precious minerals (gems + tit ore, maybe gold) it might work, the prices for the gems/ore would go up... but then you may need to make it easier tog et enough to make stuff. currently it's easy to get stuff so hard to get enough to use it

maybe there could also be group-support for some quests which require a number of skills (which I realise could be a lot of work to set up right)

The issue with them being hostile bots is that the players would need to be PK'able, not just the bots.

You could always petition for the Ant_Queen to be able to defend her domain :)

170233[/snapback]

hmmm how about implementing another player mode (like god mode, pk mode) id call it justice mode :P someone on that mode would be able to initiate combat with anyone regardless of map.

the mode could be started as a moderator comand (just like pk and god)... this (as long as is only activaded or de-activated by mods) should bring some interesting situations, like violent bots, or some ocasional moderator roleplay where a mod start justive and god mod on himself and bring some medieval justice in public place ... :) and some possible interesting contests too

hm...removing the mm perk and keeping the cape might work well to balance things out better.

We really have to look on this from a few sides..

That of, the explorers & roleplayers. Doesn't matter if they don't fight, they want to see the map! Some people don't have the time to put hours and hours into a game to be able to lvl up to kill those monsters.

Hire someone else? Yes, this is a good idea especially since it's a multiplayer game, but...it's not always easy to make friends or to trust people, and if you don't have the time...

More fun and excitement in the game? Sure it would make more excitement if we get rid of/limit the mm, but more fun? Well that depends on your idea of fun and what kind of player you are.

With all this said, I think we definetly need to keep mm how it functions now, but maybe we should have a vote whether or not to elimate it as a perk and keep it only as a cape.

...maybe we should have a vote whether or not to elimate it as a perk and keep it only as a cape.

170527[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan. A vote will give some idea of where the community stands.

Something simple like:

Should the Monster Magnetism perk be removed?

(the cape will remain)

Yes

No

hm...removing the mm perk and keeping the cape might work well to balance things out better.

why should the potioners or alch makers be punished by harvesting (with MM cape on instead of excavator cape) things (in dangerous places) twice longer than fighters with high defence?

Edited by LadyReni

why should the potioners or alch makers be punished by harvesting (with MM cape on instead of excavator cape) everything twice longer than fighters with high defence?

170533[/snapback]

yeah, that's the big problem here. unless there's a new cape added that does both (and, naturally, costs more; being rarer)

I have always felt the MM in general was too strong, even though I used it extensively myself.

yeah, that's the big problem here. unless there's a new cape added that does both (and, naturally, costs more; being rarer)

170534[/snapback]

Or if we have a mm perk, why don't we make a perk for all the other capes, BUT, you can only have one perk of the cape perks?

That way, you can choose what "cape" you want to have permanently (as a perk), and then the rest you have to use your capes for.

Or if we have a mm perk, why don't we make a perk for all the other capes, BUT, you can only have one perk of the cape perks?

That way, you can choose what "cape" you want to have permanently (as a perk), and then the rest you have to use your capes for.

170548[/snapback]

so, basically - we have the perks again in a limited form?

i think it's a bad idea altogether. i can JUST defeat gobs, and have NEVER have enough for a mm cloak - yet my healing and alchemy virtually require me to live in or near morcraven - it'll take me a long time to get to the point where gobs don't attack me. and thats saying nothind about going after emeralds. (it would affect my guild badly too, seeing as we all do the same thing.)

it would be unfair to players like myself that don't have the time to get to the level required for repelling gobs, and not something that should be forced on us. i agree with whoever it was (name escapes me) who said that some players ARE passive and don't fight - this perk was MADE for us.

(modified for insignificant reasons)

Edited by GodKyra

The fact that non fighter players would be in disadvantage is evident, at least until very high levels. Maybe if there were any kind of distinction between classes the problem would be more easy to solve. For example, if the human nexus above 3 (fighters) were incompatible with mm perk. Then until then everybody can use the cape, but only true harvesters and alchemists that are not going to fight intensively can benefit from that perk on high levels, because they will not take human nexus higher than 3. Of course for that the perk would still need to be removed, but maybe then the cape could be cheaper, since only non high level fighters can use it.

The idea is not as simple, it may have millions of side effects, but is another point of view,

Just my 2034 cents :lol:

With the new book update the MM ability has become much more important. New players who are trying to get to the level where they can safely fight goblins now have to travel through an area inhabited by chim wolfs and cyclopses just to get to the guy who will sell them the goblin fighting book. And if you're planning to be a harvester and manufacturer then you need the mining and metallurgy books, and they're in a goblin infested area that is not adjacent to a safe zone. On top of that, because you can't store these common books it is not worthwhile to buy them for resale, since they will always take up slots of your inventory until sold. So the new players will generally not be able to buy these books from other players and will have to brave the wilds themselves to get them.

So they will definitely need the MM ability just to get to the stage where they can do ordinary things.

As it stands the MM perk needs to stay in the game. Possibly the best thing at this stage would be to revise the reset system so that changing your perks needn't be so drastic. If you could buy off negative perks and refund positive ones at the wraith (both of these functions would need to be at a penalty, like -2 points possibly) you wouldn't need the reset system.

Hap_Loder