Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

About the Draegoni

Ok, here is the short info/description I wrote up on these guys. Please feel free to ask any questions about them and I will answer asap! :) Also, if you feel that you have a good idea on personality traits and such then also post that here and i'll see if it'll fit in with them.

Kayliana has agreed to write about the draegoni and the dragons :) So, Kayliana, if you can write up a substantial historical background for them that would be a great start! I do not know if/when there will be dragons in the game, but please write about them as if it is a mystery whether or not they will come back(or are in places no one ever looked or something)..meaning, sometime in the future they might reappear :D or perhaps on another continent/place in the world...you get the idea.

Draegoni are what look to be a cross between a human and a dragon, yet much more human than dragon like. Legend says that they are children of the mythical dragon god, Iringold. They are highly magical beings that dwell in the colder regions on the extreme ends of the world. It is said that their inherent magical abilities come from the dragon blood that is mixed in their veins, and in their few scales that sparkle on their bodies.

Draegoni like to live in peaceful quiet solitude. They don't shun or completely cut themselves off from the other races, but they do keep to themselves mostly. They live with their families in dwellings usually built by nature itself, as they have a high regard for nature and dont like to cut down trees and destroy stuff. They respect nature a great deal.

They are also quite impervious to the cold, and the majority make their homes in the Icelands of Draia. Only draegoni dwell in the places they make their territorial homelands. If outsiders journey and manage to make it to these habitations, they are treated with respect and courtesy of a -temporary- guest.

They're also a highly magical people..the magic is very strong in their blood and comes almost naturally to them. However they do not set up the traditional magic schools that you'd find amoung the other races. They teach themselves and their children privately. They have no need of the magic schools.

They are not very outgoing or party-type people, they are quiet and reserved, very respectful and noble they also respect other races no matter what they are. They respect all forms of life.

Roja, this seems to be a lot like the description of Elves that you gave in the website. Are the Draegoni really so similar?

For further reference: Eternal Lands Races. This was the old thread I started some time back, to sort out the races and cultures. Still ongoing, but I've got nowhere left to pin it. :D

But anyway, Kay, your stories are still around:

The History and Truth of the Eternal Lands Dragons

The Turmoils of the Dragons

Tiral Learns to Sing

in case you want to modify them. The History and Truth is the one that will need major reworking, I think. Also, Something about Dragons is still here.

This is why I need an Archivist and a Wikipedia. :)

-Lyn-

Hm..you're right! I think I will modify the elves description a little bit :P

they are not so secluded and "keeping to themselves" as the draegoni would be. Although, the elves would definetly be the closest race to the draegoni when comparing their character traits.

Edit: you know the reason why is because I was thinking originaly we'd only have 3 races..but that changed and I never changed the descrips :)

Real nice :D

If I'd ever choose out of the 3 P2P chars, I'd pick the draegoni race...

err.. hope this fits in the topic of this... topic.. :P

What I was thinking of, since I'm making one of the draegoni maps, is that no one is suppose to know about the draegoni villages/cities and their locations (exact location, you'd show it on the map, but it wouldn't be there when you go, cos it's 'hidden'), and you wouldn't be able to enter unless you finished a quest, which will be thinked of later on,

Once this quest is done, you'd have access to the village/city via, let's say, through a cave or something (if you've seen my map Roja, it's the cave with the boat that leads to the other side of the water, but you can't really see the other side, so you never know that there 'is' an other side... and once the quest is done, you'd get to 'use' the boat)...

If outsiders journey and manage to make it to these habitations, they are treated with respect and courtesy of a -temporary- guest.

that'd be another cool addition/idea,

once you make it into the village/city, no one would talk to you (NPC), you couldn't sell/buy anything unless you do another quest type of thingy... get me?

And all these quests would be inter-linked with all the other draegoni villages/cities, meaning let's say there are a total of 3 quests to do to get full priviledges of entering/exiting a village/city, and let's say you've done 2 of them, and you only have one more to go, that one more would be accepted as 'one more left' in all draegoni villages/cities.... argh! it's so hard to explain, ummm.... let's say you do one quest, that quest would give you the priviledges of one quest finished in all draegoni places.. phew, hope you understood, lol :lol:

They live with their families in dwellings usually built by nature itself, as they have a high regard for nature and dont like to cut down trees and destroy stuff. They respect nature a great deal.

Well, I don't think they'd live in a 'Nature' type of place, that's more Elfish.... They'd respect nature, but it just doesn't sound Draegoni, more liek an Elf type of an explanation...

They're also a highly magical people..the magic is very strong in their blood and comes almost naturally to them. However they do not set up the traditional magic schools that you'd find amoung the other races. They teach themselves and their children privately. They have no need of the magic schools

I really really like that idea/story/whatever..

Wow.. like a secret race, that only teaches themselves, there'd be stuff that only they can do, or they know.. or they can see....

They are not very outgoing or party-type people, they are quiet and reserved, very respectful and noble they also respect other races no matter what they are. They respect all forms of life.

Perfect way to finish it off...

but you forgot to talk about their 'Wisdom', that'd be cool :D

anyways, I hope this'd help out, just trying to make EL a better place, tis my duty :D

Cheers! sisteMa`

Wisdom is good. And I agree with sisteMa... Nature is more Elvish than Draegoni.

I'm going to need to recruit and train more quest-writers soon... if all these map-makers keep on wanting to add quests to their maps. :P

-Lyn-

I know Im taking on new responsibilties all the time in this grand game, But Lyanna, Ill think up a decent quest and let you know on it.

What I meant by nature/natural was that draegoni are not the plant loving tree huggers that you would consider an elf to be, or that they even would plant gardens or pray after they hunted their kill...no that's not a draegoni.

What I mean is that they are more like an animal, a dragon, when it comes to their living places and what they would value in life.

So, iow, they don't build many buildings/houses type structures that you see the other races have. Instead they live in caves..maybe even in some areas they live in hollowed out trees-but youw ouldn't see the typical doors/windows on those trees or caves that you see for elves or dwarves..they just leave it be natural.

Does that make more sense now? :medieval: