Eternal Lands Official Forums
JohnnyWrath

RESET get rid of it

yeah you just have to gain a few levels at the start which will take no time at all for high leveled peopl, and vanyel noone has suggested getting rid of ALL skills and all books, I think getting ride of all book knowegle is a must, i have even concierd getting most neg perks to make me read the books in no time at all then reseting and put my pp's on sometihng better, but i thought it was to much like "cheating" the game so i didnt do it, and i dont think this should be an option for people. and about skills, well they should be affected abit, maybe you loss 2 levels on each skill. this way it affcts EVERYONE that trys to abuse the #reset comand. oh and you can't talk about adding new nexus as an exuce to give people access to the #reset skill without much concercens, I say if something like that does happen, then ent can offer people the chance to reset like it is now, but it really has to change

The obvious punishment of #reset is simple: you will never be able to have your overall level at its natural level again. So, you gained 1,000,000 experience overall, then you #reset. That is one million experience difference between your levels, and your overall level.

So, people who'd use it to toss that pesky antisocial so they can manu again, or people who no longer worry about monster attacks due to high levels, or the fighter that wants to drop phys/coord... there are many benefits which #reseting gives, but you have to weigh that advantage versus never getting your oa as high as it could be.

A loss of a potential 10 or more pickpoints is a bit of a punishment, especially to higher level players scrounging for every pickpoint that they can get.

I don't understand why you people hate that fighters can reset and get good experience.

You have NO chance of ever catching up with DonPedro or Smooms, so why are you bitching about it? The fact that your levels suck doesn't mean everybody else's should.

If you noticed I wasn't doing it just to fighter, i was doing this for everyone, people are take advantage of the #reset command, the reseaon it's there is so people who have taken perks they want can get ride of them, not for fighters to gain exp quicker, or for manu, or anyone else to read books quicker, so why should the game devlopers let them?

It's all good and well, but fighters are the one who will feel it harder. It won't be manuers/crafters (unless you force them to read all books again). I will say it again, Im for letting be #reset as it is at the moment. It works and everybody is happy, except some people (minority). The sad think is that some of them are for changes just because of jelousy (not all of posting here - it's very good!) and frustration.

regards

vanyel

ok I just have to say i'm not post this because i'm jelous or frustrated, it doesn't bother me at all if this gets changed or not because I'm not a fighter and i have no intetions of getting to the top 50 att and def list. I'm just sugesting it because it seems like a way of checting the game atm. It's like when you used to be able to sell serps to trik, you made lots of money really quickly if you was a manuer and you gained alot of exp because you didn't need efe or serps stones, but that got chenged to make the game fair, and I think changing the #reset command will do this to, but like I said it doesn't bother me personally and i have no intention to be the best fighter in the game

I don't understand why you people hate that fighters can reset and get good experience.

170503[/snapback]

Neither do I. If they don't like the fact that someone gets huge experience, why don't they reset themselves?

Hands off reset!

because it seems like your cheating the game, you shouldn't be aloud to reset just to gain high exp, the reset comman isn't there to gain better exp, its to help people that have pick the wrong perks so they need to reset

because it seems like your cheating the game, you shouldn't be aloud to reset just to gain high exp, the reset comman isn't there to gain better exp, its to help people that have pick the wrong perks so they need to reset

170836[/snapback]

When you reset you loose much of the effort you needed to get where you were. It's a fair price in my opinion.

No all you loss is your OA exp it doesn't touch any of your other skills or the books you read with I think it should

No all you loss is your OA exp it doesn't touch any of your other skills or the books you read with I think it should

170839[/snapback]

OA is not nothing, it's thanks to OA that you increase you carry capacity and so on. I don't think knowledge should be lost.

It's not cheating anything. EL is just a pretty chatroom where you can walk around and spend some free time.

Contrary to popular belief, people getting more experience than normal will not kill you, maim you, or in any way effect you negatively, with the exception of making you extremely jealous, apparently.

Keep the reset command.

Edited by Kala

OK, I have never reset, and at present don't intend to. But what I don't understand here is why you would gain more experience for things when you reset. Isn't the amount of attack experience you gain based on your attack level? And doesn't that remain the same when you reset?

I know you level very quickly at first when you reset but that's largely because the level gradients are very small at first and you're able to gain exp at the kind of rate you were getting them before you reset. Really you're just catching up again. I don't see it as useful unless you're really unhappy with your early picks of points. You still lose to points off your OA for good, and while you can get more you can't get your original points back.

Hap_Loder

Contrary to popular belief, people getting more experience than normal will not kill you, maim you, or in any way effect you negatively, with the exception of making you extremely jealous, apparently.

Keep the reset command.

170907[/snapback]

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.

no your att and def exp is worked out from your phy and coord i think, maybe the sulotion would be to have static exp on mosters, would everyone egree with this?

Attack and Defense exp. is calculated by attack and defense level, but when you have less physique, you do less damage, so people can go back to weaker monsters without killing them in one or two hits.

Edit: The system is fine the way it is. I don't think static experience is fair, because then I could run around killing goblins all day in Naralik, and not have to bother with orcs ever again.

Edited by Kala

Attack and Defense exp. is calculated by attack and defense level, but when you have less physique, you do less damage, so people can go back to weaker monsters without killing them in one or two hits.

Edit: The system is fine the way it is. I don't think static experience is fair, because then  I could run around killing goblins all day in Naralik, and not have to bother with orcs ever again.

170996[/snapback]

You're contradicting yourself, on the one hand you're claiming that reset is ebul, because it's kind of chaeting to get more xp, on the other hand you claim that reason of reset - not good fight system - is ok? Hmmmm..... if the fight system would be corrected reset could became useless, at least for fighters.

Think about it.

With regards

vanyel

well kala why should fighting be defferent from everything else? like manu, thats all static exp, no matter what level you make a fur glove you will still get the same exp, the thing is people on't want to make fur gloves at high levels because they can get more exp for higer items, and they get more money for the other items, and if fighting was the same, people would fight harder mosters because they give more exp, and they would also get better drops from higher mosters, so more money. It's excally the same :-/

You're contradicting yourself,

Of course I am.

on the one hand you're claiming that reset is ebul, because it's kind of chaeting to get more xp,

I think reset is evil, yet I say to keep it? Yeah, maybe you should read what I write.

on the other hand you claim that reason of reset - not good fight system - is ok?

No, I claim that fighters reset to get experience on lower monsters, and that anyone who bitches about that should be shot. Get it yet?

Hmmmm..... if the fight system would be corrected reset could became useless, at least for fighters.

No, the fighting system needs no correction. Neither does the reset, storage, or anything else people keep complaining about.

well kala why should fighting be defferent from everything else?

Because fighting isn't everything else?

Right now, getting lower attack exp. for every attack level is caused by the formula for fighting experience. It is based on the monster's stats and your stats.

If we have static experience, people will not move up to the next big thing because there is less incentive to move up. If I still got 50 exp. per hit/dodge, I'd be home-keying goblins, not restoring on every-other orc.

So no, fighting is not the same.

And when you post, try to make a new point. Not recycle old ones.

I'm not sure people wouldn't move up if experience was static. After all, I no longer make Fire essence or cast heal just for experience. They provide too little experience to be worth it. Now I make Magic Essence and cast shield and restore for the experience, because they provide a lot more experience for my time.

I do understand the complaint, that someone with an a/d of 30/30 shouldn't be able to use rabbits to level up quickly. It gives them lots of experience for no risk and also gets in the way of newbies trying to kill their first 10 rabbits.

The current system is designed to give more exp rewards for fights that are difficult and near the limits of a player's ability. Normally if a creature takes more hits for you to kill then theoretically it is more dangerous for you than one that you kill in one shot. But people already have found ways to exploit this, by not using weapons, and so on.

I would like to see a system that rewards a static amount for each monster, but the amount is modified based on your stats. For example, you receive more Attack exp for killing the monster (or per hit point of damage done) if your Attack rating is LESS than it's Defense, and you get less exp if your attack rating is higher than its defense. This would make people more inclined to seek out more difficult targets. It would also inspire people to get the best equipment they possibly can when fighting for exp, because it enables them to tackle higher-level monsters.

What think you?

Hap_Loder

Edited by Hap_Loder

About fighting system, there were at least couple very interesting ideas, with something what could be call quasi-static xp system. Nowadays system is ridiculous (barehanded fighting - i't's like trying to kill an elephant with petting it sometimes - if that is what you call very good system that do not require any changes then deep bow to you). Back to the ideas: each monster has base xp, but, it's modyfying with fighter a/d levels.

And Kala,

No, the fighting system needs no correction. Neither does the reset, storage, or anything else people keep complaining about.

it's really funny, because at least storage/trading and banch other things need correction very much. What's more there're very advanced works with it.

With other things you may be right, I should have read your post more carefully and at leat try to think what did you want to say. I didn't. My apologise.

With regards

vanyel