Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirdan

Save the ants!

can you belive learner profeiting off of his ant slaves by selling them! please sign my petition to stop the ebul ant slave master!

petition against learners ant slavory!

can you belive learner profeiting off of his ant slaves by selling them! please sign my petition to stop the ebul ant slave master!

petition against learners ant slavory!

169635[/snapback]

I'm not selling them !!! they are being rented to good homes!!!

I'm not selling them !!! they are being rented to good homes!!!

169636[/snapback]

foster ants

Down with Learner! UP with OPEN SOURCE! YEAH! I so want my pet ant...

LOL..maybe not...i coudlen't imagine everyoen ahving access to that software ...it would be sort of scary. Just imagine...everyone in EL has a bot...oh my god..the nightmares..

HOwever, there is a Open soruce eternal Lands bot...it has been burried very deep though...it is still up...but it isen't beign worked on much anymore I don't think. NOt i wont' tel lyou any details about it...

Down with Learner!  UP with OPEN SOURCE!  YEAH!  I so want my pet ant...

LOL..maybe not...i coudlen't imagine everyoen ahving access to that software ...it would be sort of scary.  Just imagine...everyone in EL has a bot...oh my god..the nightmares..

HOwever, there is a Open soruce eternal Lands bot...it has been burried very deep though...it is still up...but it isen't beign worked on much anymore I don't think.  NOt i wont' tel lyou any details about it...

169638[/snapback]

It would be worse then you think, my ant server has handled 100 ants at a time in a single program. It's designed to handle more then one bot at a time.

I'm joining dan's petition!! let the ants go back to their motherland and live as they wish! this slavery has gone on long enough. I demand equal treatment of all citizens in these lands! brainwashing helpless ants into doing your futile work is unfair to them and to anyone else who needs a slave more! err ignore that last sentence

*whispers* hrm how much for a strong one? i've got this new farm and..well..ya know...the crops..

I forgot all about that Learner...gee...the thoguht realy does seem horifying now :ph34r:

My Slackbox was ment to run a EL slave though..I shall have to make one myself :D Even thought right now I am foucsing on Embdeded programing :S

Lol. I want an pet ant--Tanyia's was so adorable following her around ^_^

So I guess that means I'm for foster-ants and their new homes *coughslaverycough*

Maybe this'll lead to us being able to follow another player like the ants follow us? That'd be a lot of fun, although I guess pretty useless except for people like me who can't click straight. =S

They are Bots!

I'm joining dan's petition!! let the ants go back to their motherland and live as they wish! this slavery has gone on long enough. I demand equal treatment of all citizens in these lands! brainwashing helpless ants into doing your futile work is unfair to them and to anyone else who needs a slave more! err ignore that last sentence

Oh my god!

send the evil creatures to jail!

They provide a public service

What it some down to is Learners a great programmer, and anyone seriously wanting rid of the ants......well I don't know- but its somthing bad

If you REALLY want rid of them, start hriring yourself out a a slave ingame tom ruin his buisness....mesa doubtsa it will worksa though

well, ants are pets, not people. so if Learner thinks you can provide an ant with a good home, and you'll eb agood master, it's okay for him to sell you a pet

so there.

(Alternatively, if there was some way to make them an animal shape rather than humanoid shape, would that make people stop complaining? :blink: )

well, ants are pets, not people. so if Learner thinks you can provide an ant with a good home, and you'll eb agood master, it's okay for him to sell you a pet

so there.

(Alternatively, if there was some way to make them an animal shape rather than humanoid shape, would that make people stop complaining? :blink: )

169702[/snapback]

I'd get one if it could have an animal shape. :P

I'd get one if it could have an animal shape.  :blink:

169706[/snapback]

me too. well, if I could pay with in-game stuff, being an overworked university student doesn't pay well.

I'd love to have a hawk or dog or something 8^)

and as an added bonus, these smaller animals may well cause less of the crowded-area-lag

HOwever, there is a Open soruce eternal Lands bot...it has been burried very deep though...it is still up...but it isen't beign worked on much anymore I don't think.  NOt i wont' tel lyou any details about it...

169638[/snapback]

There are three that I know of. Added multiple open ports, and managing them in structs wouldn't be too hard, or using threads for that matter... but we only have one corpus so far. :P BTW, she is being actively worked on.

It would be worse then you think, my ant server has handled 100 ants at a time in a single program. It's designed to handle more then one bot at a time.

169639[/snapback]

Multi-threaded ant slavery <_<

Guest skaar

PETITION AGAINST THE ANTS

stole good stuff out of my deathbag :P , and i mean really good stuff

PETITION AGAINST THE ANTS

stole good stuff out of my deathbag  :P , and i mean really good stuff

169743[/snapback]

They slaves DO NOT STEAL! it is only the ones in the wild that take bags!

So, if you rent all of the ants so that the ones in the wild die off, you have removed the problem!

They slaves DO NOT STEAL! it is only the ones in the wild that take bags!

So, if you rent all of the ants so that the ones in the wild die off, you have removed the problem!

169754[/snapback]

ahh, it all makes sence now, that's why they grab bags, so people have to pay you protection money for deathbags! :lol:

ahh, it all makes sence now, that's why they grab bags, so people have to pay you protection money for deathbags!  :lol:

169761[/snapback]

No,

The grab bags because they are poor, homeless, and helpless. They take the bags hoping to find something to make their life easier.

No,

The grab bags because they are poor, homeless, and helpless. They take the bags hoping to find something to make their life easier.

169764[/snapback]

Yes, yes. For those of you that missed it the first time:

The Tragic Tale of the Ants

(Taken from The Ants are Great! thread)

Once, there was a small dwarven clan in the southern caves of Morcraven Marsh. They had travelled far away from their main stronghold in Mynadar to attempt to look for new ore deposits to be mined, not being satisfied with the gold trade. The dwarven clan of Searchstone was a peculiarly dark-complexioned one, having traditionally served as the explorers and ore-finders for the Dwarven City, and being tanned from their extensive travels.

They had found the beginnings of a promising mineral lode in the southern caves of Morcraven Marsh, and decided to settle there for a while to explore further, hoping to find richer deposits as they dug deeper. Unfortunately, the cave system they were exploring extended far deeper than they expected - all the way to Naralik, in fact. Their constant mining and hammering echoed throughout the caves, even to the catacombs. While this level of noise was normal to Dwarves, it was distinctly unpleasant to the main inhabitant of the catacombs, the Necromancer of Naralik (for his story, see here).

Aclys traced the noise back to the dwarves, and kindly asked them to stop and move somewhere else. The Searchstone clan, being the Dwarves they were, stubbornly refused, citing a standing order from the leaders of Mynadar to search for new minerals everywhere they went. Talks broke down, and Aclys returned to the catacombs, having failed to persuade them.

One night, an albino Elf maiden by the name of Merryn Lightfeather approached the Dwarven camp and introduced herself to the Searchstone family. She asked for shelter in the midst of a storm and slowly befriended the Dwarves, overcoming the racial barriers that normally impede Elven-Dwarven relations. Unbeknownst to the Searchstones, Merryn Lightfeather was a powerful Elven sorceress who dreamed of challenging Aclys' power. She was manipulative and cunning, a mistress of deception.

Aclys had failed to persuade the Dwarves to leave the mines alone, and although he disliked having his peace disturbed, he nevertheless was prepared to tolerate the constant ringing and booming echoes that carried down into his sleeping chambers, devoutly hoping that the Searchstones would find nothing of interest and move on. In fact, after a few weeks, the mineral deposits petered out, and the Searchstone clan WAS planning to move elsewhere.

It was then that Merryn revealed her deadly plan.

She used all her arts of persuasion to convince the Dwarves that there were uncountable riches of minerals in the Naralik Catacombs. (Well, in truth, there WERE emeralds there, but Merryn definitely exaggerated the amount and variety of precious gems when she spoke.) Playing on Dwarven suspicion, and subtly enhancing their greed, she managed to persuade them that Aclys was hoarding the minerals, and was planning to forcibly evict them from the territory in order to have it all to himself. Needless to say, they didn't like that idea one bit.

To cut a long story short, within three days of the Morcraven Marsh caves running out, the Dwarven clan of Searchstone mounted a pre-emptive attack on the Necromancer of Naralik, aided and assisted by their supposed ally, Merryn Lightfeather, the albino Elf. Aclys was hard-pressed at first, especially with the illusory effects of the magic that Merryn was casting, but eventually he managed to overcome them, blasting them all to oblivion.

The curse of the catacombs then took effect, and one by one, the dwarves and the elf maiden rose, zombie-like creatures. Aclys, having probed the minds of the undead dwarves, found out the truth of their deception, and pitied them. He even found the capacity in his heart to be sorrowful for Merryn Lightfeather, who, after all, was merely ambitious and took the wrong path. Because of his recent battle, his powers were taxed, and he was unable to restore them to full life.

A passing ant gave him an idea. Probing the mind of the ant, and of the ant colony it belonged to, Aclys was able to transfer some of that mentality to the soulless bodies of the dwarves and the elf. He satisfied Merryn's lust for power by making her the Queen of this strange, motley collection of half-zombie, half-ants. Having satisfied the demands of his conscience, Aclys turned them loose to fend for themselves, ordering them to scavenge for food and items to support themselves.

Somehow, when giving his orders, the limited group mind of the Ants managed to perceive Aclys as their God, and every now and then, the Ant Queen orders one of her underlings to leave offerings to their creator at the grounds of Naralik. They wander the continent now, obeying their Creator's commands to scavenge and hunt, aided by their instincts, fighting to survive and prosper in their own way. Aclys returned to his task in the catacombs and disappeared from sight, leaving behind a few Orc guardians he had called to prevent such incidences from disturbing him again.

And so, the once-proud Dwarven clan of Searchstone met their tragic end, and the elves of the Morcraven Marshes never could find Merryn Lightfeather ever again.

The End

Guest skaar
No,

169764[/snapback]

like ttlanhil says, it sounds like u need to pay for them to give them a home and stuff to protect my own deathbag <_<, and pl8 stuff like this they take out of my bag is enough protection i guess :P

just a bit curious here....

do the ants come with a breeding license??

and can you be sure that you get a clean-breed ant when you buy/rnet one, instead of some bastard-ant??

what is their expected life-time??

how do they cost to feed per day??

and how much exercise do they need to get per day??

:lol:

just a bit curious here....

do the ants come with a breeding license??

and can you be sure that you get a clean-breed ant when you buy/rnet one, instead of some bastard-ant??

When you rent an ant, you get to choose which ant you are getting in the Character Creation screen, so you have a lot of control over your ants breeding. But, your ant will have a pledge not to breed while in your service to prevent disctractions.

what is their expected life-time??

Their expected life time is very lengthy, no ant has been known to die of olg age. Their length of service to you is limited by your wallet.

how do they cost to feed per day??

An Ant servent who does have a high physical demand needs very little feeding. Just several vegetables a day will be enough. A hard working ant that needs to fight and heal needs to be fed more often with good quality vegetables and fruit, even some meat at times is good for them. In both cases, if you try to over feed your ant, they will simply keep the extra food with them and eat it as they need it. A indication that you ant needs to be fed is when it looks hurt & depressed and doesn't seem to be healing up, then simply give it a good dose of food (best to be 3 or more vegies) and it will keep itself content.

and how much exercise do they need to get per day??

The ants are flexible on there exercise requirements, but enjoy walking about and seeing new scenery. Why you call them, they enjoy following you about all day. At the same time they are very content to sit and wait patiently while you work or chat. They prefer not to be left alone for long periods, and my need to be called if you're awat from them too long.

:lol:

170196[/snapback]

The Museum of Science and Natural History Presents:

The Ant Life-Cycle

Inf-Ant: At this stage of your Ant's development, be sure to give it lots of nourishment and care. Your Ant will be timidly trying to explore the world around it. You should stay close to it at all times. Be assured that the rewards for staying with the Inf-Ant will eventually grow on you.

Devi-Ant: Once your Ant has begun the process of maturation, it is expected to endure some rather drastic hormonal changes which will result in it becoming rebellious. At this point in time, it is important for you to maintain your authority and teach your Ant who is the master. Otherwise, your Ant may gain control of the relationship, as it will be pushing the limits of acceptable behaviour.

K-Ant: Once your Ant has fully matured, you can expect it to hold certain views about life and reality that may differ widely from yours, as a result of its' growing experiences. However, never doubt that your Ant is a highly-intelligent being, fully able to consolidate and present its philosophy of the world to you. Of course, you may not fully understand it, but rest assured that the K-Ant's Ethics will be of high moral character.

Ped-Ant: Nearing the end of its' life-cycle, the Ant will become grouchy and grumpy, focusing on the very small and insignificant things. Because of the growing loss of its motor and mental powers, the Ant will resort to picking out petty problems with the grammar, spelling and phrasing of your commands to it, and refuse to do anything on those grounds. Owners of Ants at this stage are cautioned NOT to throw any hard objects at your (beloved) Ants.

-Lyn-

Rented Ants are also undergoing extensive training to help ensure their good health by letting their owners know when they are hungry. Major success has been accomplished so far, but now they are entering advanced training so they don't spam their owners to death.