Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daxon

New Continent

This thread is mainly to gather up ideas that you players would/might want to see in the new continent. :) Just list ideas in general, as I'm sure one of the many mapmakers will be glad to put it in. :P

Let your imagination type for you. :D

i have an idea if thats ok,

maybe there could be a monster cave, where its sortof a maze which has a floor for each monster. maybe a new big boss mosnter (maybe a wyrm or a small dragon) could be on the last floor, just an idea

All ideas work shino. :P I do believe Lotharion was working on a cave that could accomodate to your idea. Try to PM him ingame about it. :D

I'm sure if you look around a bit in this forum, you will find suggestions.

Ex. http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...topic=13746&hl=

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7971

^I would love to see the second one.

Another idea I had was a city built over water (lake, river, ect). Sorta like the town from the novel the hobbit?

Maybe a place which is like the houses in CC but only more town-like?

For just maps, how about like a giant graveyard map..like the remains from a war? (Sorta like Tahraji but more...death :P)

A mixture map idea I had was sorta like a good vs evil theme. Half of the map has a town surrounded by flowers, animals, and other good things. Halfway across the map it turns into more evil conditions like monsters, dead trees, ect. The town would also be run down and might have some shady characters living there.

Edited by Lord_Vermor

I've seen those.. but they were individual ideas. This thread is for ALL ideas (hint: less threads to clean up on)

And nice suggestions. The mapmakers will come by and see them and go to work.

Also, on that second thread you posted? They were making it where certain parts of a map are PKable and the rest aren't to my knowledge. :P

Edited by Daxon

hmm, some idea's (themes) I've been having are:

1. A ship graveyard

2. The Mystic Seasons Forge

-features "blotches" of different seasons; snowy areas, deserts, spring, autumn etc...

3. Punishment of the Dead

-a dead castle in a swap which features strong "undead" enemies

i was going to do the undead castle theme thing

So far all the inhabitants of the world of Draia seem to be "civilized." They live in houses, etc.

How about an area where nomad barbarians live? Possibly a grassland or desert, or maybe a forest. They'd live in yurts, hang around campfires, and some horses would be standing around. A barbarian NPC would be a good person to buy flowers and herbs. Another would be a good person to buy leather items from.

Also, having a big stonehenge-type landmark on a map would be really cool.

Hap_Loder

Well, we've got the Draegoni races, which totally live in caves, or nature as Roja has described, at least as much as I've seen.

So that means they do not live in houses as humans or dwarves etc would, instead use use nature as their habitats are caves etc.

and for stonehedges, I've already seen one in-game...

I think it was in one of the maze rooms in the TG Magic School..

would be cool if we'd add more though :P

i remember posting on a similar thread along time ago.

some suggestions were:

Volcano (roja might have said this was gonna be included)

Swamp - with houses/huts on stilts - with walkways inbetween

Jungle (roja said this i think)

and err, i am a bit senile so i cant remember the rest.

Edited by crannog

What about adding a coleseum??(is that spelled right?) :)

1.Where in the stand around the fighting ground isnt pk so you can only spectate. This would be better than the arena already in wsc. But keep that aswell. Larger crowds could be squeezed in.

2.To get into the fighting ground you must have permission from a mod.. maybe be tele'd into it or mods have powers to open the gates.

3.There could Gambling NPC outside the grounds... you pm him and he tells you the ltest odds on the next fight. Like shasso done with shivar and chickengeorge at the wsc arena. ;)

If anyone can come up with any other bright ideas please post a quote. :P

i think the area in WSC is like a coleseum (not sure if its spelt right) like u said but most people screen can fit a huge place if u can zoom to to infinate u;ll be able to see all the houses

Edited by cho-yun

Maybe a map,a Big map with houses and a few castles(20) and a guy that will stand in the middle of the village(the mayor)..he and some men bjuiled castles and houses but no one is coming to live in the houses...(because its Half swamp,Half land and not far away there is a vulcano with a Crazy men with a house on it)He asks to you if you want to buy a house(House 15k,Castle 45k,Great Castle 250k)

in some MMORPGS you can build houses here you should BUY houses or castles

From the crazy men you get quests(Ye olde friend,look for my preciouuuussss Black Vulcano stone) in the Vulcano lives Ancient old Demons at night they come out to eat...destroy the Head Demon!!!(Idea's ....)

GOOOOD?

if you should be able to buy house with in game money(which th devolpers dont want) it should be more like 100k for house 200k for castle and 400k for great caste, only very high players should be able to buy them

if you should be able to buy house with in game money(which th devolpers dont want) it should be more like 100k for house 200k for castle and 400k for great caste, only very high players should be able to buy them

184323[/snapback]

1000k* 2000k* 4000k*

daxon dont go to made on the prices, noone will be able to buy them at that price, atleast with the prices i said about 5o or so people might be able to buy a house

Edited by Kedan

shyeah, you looked at the bank acocunts of the richer players? I've only been playing since december and I could afford a castle at your rates. if I sold off my stocks, a couple of great castles.

there's a huge amount of cash in-game

if i were going to suggest prices, it's be more like 200k, 1M, 5M. based on the assumption that a great castle really would be great.

then get help get the castle then they PK each other to get the castle to them selfs

just a few things might be fun,

1. a bear den with a new animal MaMa BeaR lol

2. Polar bears

3.uhmmm its to early / late ill re - edit this later with more ideas

then get help get the castle then they PK each other to get the castle to them selfs

184462[/snapback]

Who said anything about it being a PK zone?

i didn't say its a PK zone

I said

Say they brought a castle in a PK map

How about a big mountain wall, cutting a continent in 2 very different parts, with only few passages. And you'd had to wear fur clothes in order not to freeze. The climate is an excellent idea but at the moment it has few to no influence on the gameplay. Icy poles would also be nice: with polar bears and polar rabbits (not in WS, its too warm), and ice caverns.

Grossbouff