Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lyanna

The New Update

Just thought I'd start this thread so that all posts can be concentrated into one topic. :P

I'd just like to say right now: I pity the Antisocials. I really do. :):P :lol:

Also, detected a few problems with Telia. Script error: "...sorts for or libraries." And can we change the portrait to a Gnomish woman, instead of an Elven maiden?

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Yeh i think the rollback is because u could sell tit axe for 5,5k and gen axe for 3k lol, i think gen axe should be 30k and tit axe 55gc :):D

Yeh i think the rollback is because u could sell tit axe for 5,5k and gen axe for 3k lol, i think gen axe should be 30k and tit axe 55gc ;):D

168340[/snapback]

Errr..... shivar, the tit axe book was 55k :D also the magic casting went wrong :D

im happy! , cuz it would sux if it was 5,5k ..because i never picked them up.. if i would i would have like 300-1000 Tit axe books lol,

Ya general axe construction bookie is 300gc now :/

.sorts for or libraries.

grrr...That was fixed at some point. Oh well, will fix it again ;)

EDIT: nvm, fixed that string only for the antisocials ...

Edited by Grum

I hate this system.

How are newbs going to get books?

This kills the rare book market [Prices spiked majorly/Dropped majorly]

But the big huge problem is..

How the heck are newbies going to get books?The stores are all in Grubani,Tarsengaard, etc.Newbs can't go there safely.

Thanks

_A_

They probably won't, unless they're very lucky =S I don't agree 100% with the prices (they are pretty high :D ), but it's going to help some things, I think.

People will be willing to pay more for special skills because it won't be as easy to say that they could simply go learn the skill themself and cut costs. Also, it's more dangerous learning things now, so the manufacturers and potion makers and etc might become worth a bit more =D

Also, it might help create more of a specialty system, at least for those that first start off... No one's going to be able to pay enough for *every* single book on the market. So, they're gonna probably chose an area they're interested and buy the books just for that area until they have enough cash to spread themselves out a bit.

I like the idea.. although, maybe we should space it out to where the basic jewelry/summoning/etc books are in non-monster maps and advanced ones are in monster maps. ^_^

Edited by Lady_Eika

I've run through Grubani, KF, SKF, SKF Mansion before completely unarmed and lived (surprised me too).

I'm not suggesting noobs do this with equipment on, but I think they can dodge if they are smart.

Plus, this now makes getting the books a challange. Not just another trip to the VotD Lilac patch and a walk to Lakeside. They have to PLAY the game and work with others even (go figure!).

I like the changes.

i would move the metal mineing books to a safer map i liked the ws library but a swap of npc's between nordcarn and narlik would be a good idea. As harvesting is one of the basis of a majority of the skills it should be reletively easy to start that is why i liked the location in the WS library as it is reletively safe but is riskey if you attempt to go there during the night. narlik would also be a resonable place for the mineing books as it is a safe map and closer to a mine than narlik.