Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duran

Dont Bother With The Mac Port...

And besides, Learner has a Sparc station that badly needs an EL port :P

And besides, Learner has a Sparc station that badly needs an EL port :P

168086[/snapback]

I'ts not a Sparc station, its a bit faster then that, but I don't need a port for it. The ants though have run on it for a while before I moved them to my main server,

i'm no programmer but i do know that applescript can be placed into programs quite easily by those who are familiar with it. making an os x client quite readily scriptable. something to be aware of, and perhaps code against? my apologies for lack of information on the subject, i'm just learning all about it currently as we have installed a few apple xservers at my work.

i'm no programmer but i do know that applescript can be placed into programs quite easily by those who are familiar with it. making an os x client quite readily scriptable. something to be aware of, and perhaps code against? my apologies for lack of information on the subject, i'm just learning all about it currently as we have installed a few apple xservers at my work.

169434[/snapback]

The other ports already having scripting and illegal client issues, so how is this any more of a problem?

The good news is, since Xwidgets aren't used, it is a little but harder to use built in scripting, but there are always ways around that.

The other ports already having scripting and illegal client issues, so how is this any more of a problem?

The good news is, since Xwidgets aren't used, it is a little but harder to use built in scripting, but there are always ways around that.

169437[/snapback]

yes, i did read about the client problems, quite tragic. I was only pointing out that an easily accessable scriptable interface that is available by default would be dangerous. Meaning, the OS X client that comes from EL staff should not contain AppleScript capabilities.