Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mr.Mind

Complaints About Rich

Eeek! Capitalists! :P

Guess they'd still be on my pk list :P  :rolleyes:

169266[/snapback]

roflmao lol give em a break man

Is weird - I've been playing online games now for..well since the 80's (god bless college based VAX) and EL is the only game where I've seen this amount of bile and blind hatred in the clan/guild system. I'm in RICH btw to ensure that no-one believes I'm posting anon or something) and I joined because an RL friend, someone I respect and trust (god I'll regret those words when he sees me next - the slagging I will receive) was already a member. I held off joing until I hit OA 35 (for the second time, minor reset needing hiccup). Since then I've encountered some lovely people, both in RICH and not, but have seen such rampant hatred, specifically from Dark, that it astounds me. I will grant that I seem to be older then the EL average, maybe I just don't have the same amount of 'fire in my belly' as these people *shrug*. In the end I guess I'm trying to say - this is a game - reserve hatred for RL please, this is where we come to relax and recover from the day to day RL stresses - not to be embroiled in something that feels like I'm an African American in Alabama in the '60s. The vast majority of the RICH guild members I've met over the last two months have been nice people, those who were not, that I met, have all been kicked from RICH. The RICH members who I know well are all anti-scam and anti-jumping - but I can't speak for all - I would guestimate that I only know about 40 of the members. It would seem odd to me if, however the players I see online (who all seem responsible, trustworthy folks) are an aberation - it seems more likely that they are a representitive section of the guild as a whole.

Just for the record - I've been the clan leader and/or Imm on 6 different MUDs (all of which would welcome me back), was one of the 'magic 8' from M.A. MUD who were offered Admin roles when UO was originally being put together (refused cos I didn't see a successful business model - how wrong was I?) and am currently a member of the Newbie Helper Guilder,a Trivia Master and a vice-leader of Shadow Clan on Dragon Swords MUD. Anyone who wants to check out my credentials are welcome to pop in there and ask about me (Dardalion) regarding my reputation. I realise that in any new game you start playing you have to earn respect - but most times it's starting from 0, not a minus figure:P

I'm giving my thought on EVERY comment

RICH leader is an a.hole

Shivar- get a life

1. For the short few hours I was in the guild I encountered racism and extreme disrespect for women. (which as many of you know I have a huge problem with)

2. Rich is known for its deviant tactics. When generally most guild can agree that they dislike another guild, that guild obviously has problems they aren't addresing.

3. Rich will accept ANY player, I dont know how many times I have a had a RICH guild member ask me COMPLETELY newb questions, at least make the players have a little more experience in the game before you accept them, randomly accepting any player in order to boost your member count does not make you a good guild NOR does it make others respect your guild!

4. Many RICH members do not respect player stated rules. EG: Spawn hogging, bag jumping, threatning, etc

1- Okay- thats a generalisation. I somehow doubt EVERY member of rich hates woman

2- Huh?

3- I find this point funny- isn't the reason for a guilf to teach other players? To use teamwork to make them better? To be part of something? I don't agree to recruit lots of random people, but its not your desicison to make, its the guilds

4- Once again, a generalisation. Show me where, in the Rich guidelines, it says hog spawn points, jump peoples bags, and threaten people, and i will apologise and join you in your Rich hating

RICH started off bein anoying and will always be anoying and well they wont die.. ive tried to kill them but they just respawn in hell.  so complaining is just pointless ive tried >.< they're just n00bs

Oh my god- My brother says N00B as an insult- I had oped this forum was above that

Best thing to do is PK them and #ignore

Congratz on the best point so far Shivar!

In the interest of fair play, I am reporting that today a RICH guild member returned a death bag to one of my guildies. In it was a mm cape, among other things.

Another generalisation, and I hope this proves my point- the guild is made of INDUVIDUALS. and will no more tell the member to steal basg than it will to save them- its for the induvidual to decide

Final thoughts- Give Mr Mind ad his money grabbing friends a break! I myself have sought assistance from Mr Mind and not been disapointed. Les stop the RICH bashing- okay?

Final thoughts- Give Mr Mind ad his money grabbing friends a break!

169675[/snapback]

You complain about generalizations, and include one in your final thoughts. Not a bash on you, just pointing that out.

I do agree though, how it is interesting that no specific names have been mentioned at all. Apparently no one cares who did it, just that they had RICH next to their name when they did it.

Alot 'Blablablablalba and some blablabla'

What did we learned ? do not argue with these RICH p00ns they anoying like smeg

Alot 'Blablablablalba and some blablabla'

What did we learned ? do not argue with these RICH p00ns they anoying like smeg

169834[/snapback]

That's right. Don't argue with "RICH p00ns" if you can't think logically enough to understand a rational arguement... so instead go "i pk u noob" *bang bang smash slap* :D

You complain about generalizations, and include one in your final thoughts. Not a bash on you, just pointing that out.

Harhar! I'm on your side, remember

The idea of the guild isn't to be rich - its to try and get rich. Hope that fixes that misconception.

And THAT is why I said it- next time you challenge someone remember your own posts :D

Shivar- get a life

169675[/snapback]

I was wondering when someone was going to say that. You have such a refreshing way of putting things.

The idea of the guild isn't to be rich - its to try and get rich. Hope that fixes that misconception.

In an odd punning on this statement, I think some of the PKers purposes are "to try and get RICH".

As for me, I have had no dealings with RICH, either good or bad. As such, I will continue to treat them as any other guild I've never had any dealings with, until I have cause to deal with them.

And THAT is why I said it- next time you challenge someone remember your own posts :huh:

169880[/snapback]

You turned a general statement into a negative comment, which was clearly your own opinion and nothing more than that.

Edited by Mr.Mind

Final thoughts- Give Mr Mind ad his money grabbing friends a break!

A negative statement? Far be it from me to start this thread into a completely pathetic argument, but in what way is it negative? You stated the idea of your guild is to get rich. I said the same thing, merely in a different context. I meant nothing negative by it.

Any implication you drew from this statement was your own. If this is how you act towards your supporters its no wonder everyone have problems with rich :huh:

Well, that IS what you have implied about your guild.

THANK YOU daxon.

I think

is implied by money grabbing, personally :)

I just gotta say that a comment made earlier about all RICH members hating women is funny. Where I train I have encountered several RICH members (male of course) that are very flirtatious.

Also, in trying to promote kindness, I have bagsat for several RICH members that have met their demise. Argued with one guy because he wanted me to let him steal the guys stuff. All in all I was very suprised at the RICH players actions when I either pm'ed them that I was guarding the bag, or they came back and found that their stuff was still there. One actually tried to pay me for holding his stuff. It's all good karma, what goes around comes around.

If people would stop knocking RICH and Mr.Mind and actually start trying to be supportive, and help, maybe these guys would respond better. I have seen that some of them are actually ok once you give them a chance.

Remember, what goes around comes around

As I have said many times and I will say this again. Most of the bad things that have happened in the past were done by members who were kicked out months ago. If people are not willing to let these things go, they will continue to hurt themselves by attempting to flush our reputation down the drain.

Regardless of the rumors, the RICH guild is making all possible improvements, and taking serious suggestions seriously.

If you are trying to improve ur guilds reputation it would seem wise not to lie about other matters, such as my guild.And i would suggest not trying to start crap with other ppl and then act all innocent.

Mr.Mind is but one person, and I think he and the other leaders are really trying to straighten up the guild...keep up the hard work guys and hopefully everything will fall into place.

I will say this: Rich will likely always be given harsh feelings, simply because there are so many members I think a lot of people feel threatened by it. *shrugs* was trying to avoid saying it, maybe some are not threatened but it is hard not to be jealous of the largest guild in el.

Just putting all the "blah blah blah we hate RICH" all into one thread.  Give me a specific reason for having a problem with us, and perhaps a suggestion on how to fix it.

If you just want to do some bashing, that's fine too, but no one will read it.

168036[/snapback]

Hello just a thought or two....after reading all of this I went to the RICH forum.

I noticed the required standards to join...and to maintain membership, this was both dignified and honourable. While I know little of past history at the very least these folk deserve a chance to pursue their aims in peace and without "snide" comments.

When I joined EL I decided not to seek membership of any guilds, just to enjoy the game in solitute. In the words of the highest ranking player " it is a game" and maybe it is for all of us to remember that.

I recently considered joining ..or rather seeking to allowed to join a particular guild but decided to stay as I am.

Mr Minds input to this forum has added to it... he appears to be fair minded and willing to listen. This is in stark contrast to others who appear crass and to be perfectly frank an insult to whatever educational institution they attended ( maybe they didnt or still dont attend enough). There are those whose only intelligent comments here are the begging letters to be reinstated to the game.

Let us see fair play here.

Thank you.

This is not a complaint, but putting it here anyway.

Yesterday, the RICH guild held a matter essence making party. I had attended it, and was there for over 2 hours, moving towards 3. It was a great time for everyone, and I ended up getting around 24,000 alchemy experience without having to mine any ingredients or get any food.

Thanks to the RICH guild for a great party.

Regards,

_a_

i was at the party too everyone was chatting making essences getting exp and having a great time!!! thx mrmind!!!

RICH also hosts alot of other parties such as LE party and soon to be HE party!!!

LadyWolf

" One actually tried to pay me for holding his stuff"

I always try to thank people in a monetary or similar manner if they help me out - not because they ask but that I wish to encourage such behaviour in the game. If rewarding honest players is a good way to do this (which I believe it is) I will do so.

<Edit> Hopefully by rewarding honest players they'll never be tempted to become db jumpers for thoughts of gain</edit>

And thanks again LadyWolf :D

Edited by gadai