Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mr.Mind

Complaints About Rich

Just putting all the "blah blah blah we hate RICH" all into one thread. Give me a specific reason for having a problem with us, and perhaps a suggestion on how to fix it.

If you just want to do some bashing, that's fine too, but no one will read it.

like the =Hc= leader  :P

168088[/snapback]

rofl.....

Freind got kicked from RICH for no reason

Most of leaders are ....

When i was a n00b no skill 20 they would pm me begging over and over to join (no it wasn't just robo mrmind you did it too)

False Advertising :P (being rich and not :P)

Trying to be friendly and suggeting stuff on forums and get ip ban..

anyone who wants war (most of the guild) gets kicked from rich

Being complete a.holes...

there's more... but i choose not to list them =/

how to fix.... delete the clan.... or just kick all the leaders in cluding your self and half of the clan

and shouldnt this be under guilds...

Edited by Rebel

Most of leaders are ....

When i was a n00b no skill 20 they would pm me begging over and over to join (no it wasn't just robo mrmind you did it too)

False Advertising :P (being rich and not :P)

there's more... but i choose not to list them =/

how to fix.... delete the clan.... or just kick all the leaders in cluding your self and half of the clan

168099[/snapback]

Ok most of your post I know nothing about as it probably happened before I was around (recruiting you) or I had nothing to do with it (your IP ban our forums, which Im sure you deserved for either spamming or acting like a jerk when you were a guest)

But I can definatly say that most of the guild does NOT want war. And your statement ((anyone who wants war (most of the guild) gets kicked from rich)) by definanition is completly ignorant and without thought.

Think, if we kicked everyone that wanted war, AND by your statment that includes most of the guild, then we wouldnt have many members, would we? Like I said, ignorant and without thought. I would bet you havent even met HALF our members. And I mean more than just seeing us walk by. So since we all know you havent taken a poll from all the members that suggests most of us want war, how can you assume such things?

Usually the only people that want to fight other guilds are new members who think that by joining the largest guild they will have power in our numbers. We have posted rules for the guild and one of them is that we dont fight other guilds. And yes, if you have a problem with that rule, we will likely remove you from the guild so you can go and PK to your hearts content. We certainly arent going to force someone to play the game in a way they dont want to. If they want to PK then our guild isnt for them. We are merchant guild that focus' on making things, though we have members that span every profession the game has to offer.

And as for your asshole statement, well thats your opinion. I dont think any of the members are assholes, nor do I think you are one as I havent met you ingame, and I think this is the first time I have responded to a post of yours.

I do think that you (and many others) are holding a grudge against this guild for actions that were done by members that arent in the guild anymore. And other than removing the problem elements there isnt anything more we can do.

Thats part of the reason for this thread, to see just what peoples greviances are with our guild and to bring about change where possible. To ask that the guild be disbanded because you hold some idiotic grudge for actions that happened months ago by people that are no longer a part of the guild, is beyond sophmoric.

Please note, Im not attacking you in any way... just your opinions and sugestions.

Now is there anyone with any SERIOUS compaints or sugestions?

im not reading all that..

and jimmy your one of those leaders and it wasn't my gues acct it was baneclaw which i didn't say one bad thing..

Edited by Rebel

and jimmy your one of those leaders and it wasn't my gues acct it was baneclaw which i didn't say one bad thing..

168122[/snapback]

Rebel you lost the account because you where not supposed to have it in the first place. Its an account ban not an ip ban. Most of the areas on the forum are members only, your account was approved by accident. And i suggest that you read jimmy post above, if you are not going to listen to our responses , then why bother arguing with us at all?

168122[/snapback]

Allowing baneclaw to be activated was an accident, so we removed the account. Also, someone spammed us using the very same IP, so we were forced to ban the IP as well.

Tell us which friend and we'll give you the reason.

Most of leaders are ....

incredibly attractive.

That was Robo who isn't around any more. I sent you only 1 PM.

False Advertising :P (being rich and not :D)

The idea of the guild isn't to be rich - its to try and get rich. Hope that fixes that misconception.

You weren't supposed to have access to our forums in the first place. This was explained.

They were all given a choice. No one was booted for wanting war. For being obnoxious and disrespectful maybe, but not for wanting war. (its funny how seconds after they were booted, Dark accepted them :P )

<shrug> Everybody needs to stand up for themselves sometime. If you consider that being "a.holes" then that's your opinion.

Where will they go then?..We're not all Darth Vaders ;)

Probably. My mistake.

If you have a problem with a guild...the best thing to do is sit down and talk leader to leader (or leaders if that be the case). Which I know for a fact RICH leaders are willing to do to settle this. I have requested the same of DARK guild, and they basically refused. They are harrassing RICH members (calling names whenever they are around) they were using the messenger bot to harrass but got warned about losing it. This is not a mature way to handle a problem! Your reasons were listened to and responded to. Most of the problems have long since been settled and require no more action on you or your guilds part. LET IT GO! Unless you have a REAL complaint for the guild leaders, you're just wasting your breath and making yourself(selves) look very childish in the process. If this continues I will start posting logs where this behavior happens, so the rest of EL can see what type of people make up the DARK guild....

I can state my reasons.

1. For the short few hours I was in the guild I encountered racism and extreme disrespect for women. (which as many of you know I have a huge problem with)

2. Rich is known for its deviant tactics. When generally most guild can agree that they dislike another guild, that guild obviously has problems they aren't addresing.

3. Rich will accept ANY player, I dont know how many times I have a had a RICH guild member ask me COMPLETELY newb questions, at least make the players have a little more experience in the game before you accept them, randomly accepting any player in order to boost your member count does not make you a good guild NOR does it make others respect your guild!

4. Many RICH members do not respect player stated rules. EG: Spawn hogging, bag jumping, threatning, etc.

I would like to state however that MR. Mind is generally a very kind person and I have had few problems with him in particular. However Guild Masters are just as responsible for their members actions as their own. My suggestion is that you get to know people better before handing them a guild membership, using trial periods (2 weeks 1 month etc) have been very effective at keeping segv scammer free and user friendly, its something you might want to consider for your own guild Mr Mind.

RICH started off bein anoying and will always be anoying and well they wont die.. ive tried to kill them but they just respawn in hell. :D so complaining is just pointless ive tried >.< they're just n00bs

RICH started off bein anoying and will always be anoying and well they wont die.. ive tried to kill them but they just respawn in hell.  so complaining is just pointless ive tried >.< they're just n00bs

Valo please dont add to this topic unless you have something intelligent to say, I think it is amiable that Mr. Mind is trying to resolve the problems, but a post like that accomplishes nothing.

I can state my reasons.

1. For the short few hours I was in the guild I encountered racism and extreme disrespect for women. (which as many of you know I have a huge problem with)

2. Rich is known for its deviant tactics. When generally most guild can agree that they dislike another guild, that guild obviously has problems they aren't addresing.

3. Rich will accept ANY player, I dont know how many times I have a had a RICH guild member ask me COMPLETELY newb questions, at least make the players have a little more experience in the game before you accept them, randomly accepting any player in order to boost your member count does not make you a good guild NOR does it make others respect your guild!

4. Many RICH members do not respect player stated rules. EG: Spawn hogging, bag jumping, threatning, etc.

I would like to state however that MR. Mind is generally a very kind person and I have had few problems with him in particular. However Guild Masters are just as responsible for their members actions as their own. My suggestion is that you get to know people better before handing them a guild membership, using trial periods (2 weeks 1 month etc) have been very effective at keeping segv scammer free and user friendly, its something you might want to consider for your own guild Mr Mind.

168187[/snapback]

Having been in the RICH guild for some time now - 2 months or such I think - I was asked a few weeks ago, followoing the "war" with DARK, by MrMind to help in reforming the guild, along with other members, and we have been working on that ever since. This is one of the major parts of restoring the guild to honour.

Many of these things we get blamed for is something that I have never heard of in my time in the guild - the racism/disrespect for women that you mention, scarab2k, for one - but of course those things are not acceptable, and I for one would not accept them if I where made aware of them.

The part that many blame us for - accepting anyone to join - was also how I got in to it - a random invitation from MrMind (I had recieved invitations from 2 other guild before that, but replied a kind "no thanks" after reading guild-descriptions), reading the description and finding it to my liking, then saying ok, and finding out how nice most people seemed to be there, exept for a few people that later left the guild for one reason or another.

As things are now though, we mainly ask people to go and apply on our forum, and it have been decided that new members should preferably have 2 skills above 20.

Add to this that I know MrMind has been interviewing many of the people wishing to join us, to make sure they know what they go in to by becomming a part of the RICH guild.

As to your point 4, scarab2k, I fully see your point there, but it can't only be RICH-ies doing that. I not trying to say we never do it, but there have to be others who do that too.

If you encounter anyone breaking any of those rules, then please tell them that they are breaking a rule, and that they are ruining the game for others. If that dosn't work, then try contacting some of the "big-wigs" in RICH - mainly the one in the guild description - and I am sure they will try to make them stop it.

Also a major inter-guild restructuring is well under way, and we are working our hardest to get rid of the bad reputation as scammers, bagjumpers and general do-bad-ers.

I for one have been guarding a few death-bags, PM'ing the owner, then waiting for his/her arrival and returning it (and it's really hard to give back a titanium longsword, but I did it!! :blink: ), and I know other RICH-ies have done the same.

Therefore I kindly ask people to help us in restoring some honour to our guild, by posting your problems with RICH, and a CREATIVE! sollution to the problem.

...how to fix.... delete the clan...
is NOT a creative sollution, so please - think just a bit more before you post.

Regards

and the best wishes of a good, clean debate

Salun

Salun I am glad to see that there are players in RICH who are dedicated to rising above the reputation. Perhaps players are holding grudges, but I have seen nothing done to change our opinions either. :-\

As to your point 4, scarab2k, I fully see your point there, but it can't only be RICH-ies doing that. I not trying to say we never do it, but there have to be others who do that too.

Yes there are, but most of them cannot get into guilds because of that reputation. Solution: Punish those who do this in your guild. :blink:

Edited by scarab2k

I can state my reasons.

1. I dont remember you, must have been a looooong time ago.

2. Please give actually examples , rather than vaugue accusations with no evidence

3. No we require a skill over 20 , and thats being ramped up. We are a newbie friendly guild. check the guild description. We have a very strict set of rules and those who break them are kicked (booted one just yesterday). So we take in the newbs you dont want , teach em the rules, answer all their newb questions so you dont have to , and hold them accountable. From my perspective we are providing a public service, and then being slated for doing so.

4. Who, When , Where , yet again, specific examples with evidence rather than vaugue accusations please.

If you have a problem with a guild...the best thing to do is sit down and talk leader to leader (or leaders if that be the case).  Which I know for a fact RICH leaders are willing to do to settle this.  I have requested the same of DARK guild, and they basically refused.  They are harrassing RICH members (calling names whenever they are around) they were using the messenger bot to harrass but got warned about losing it.  This is not a mature way to handle a problem!  Your reasons were listened to and responded to.  Most of the problems have long since been settled and require no more action on you or your guilds part.  LET IT GO! Unless you have a REAL complaint for the guild leaders, you're just wasting your breath and making yourself(selves) look very childish in the process.  If this continues I will start posting logs where this behavior happens, so the rest of EL can see what type of people make up the DARK guild....

168157[/snapback]

Best thing to do is PK them and #ignore

rofl i think they have like 150 noobs in the guild

168251[/snapback]

So next time you hear someone badmouthing us, remember this is what they believe constitutes constructive criticism........

168187[/snapback]

I remember that. Those people had never acted like that before, but it made me just as angry. Consequently, everyone involved with that was booted the very same day that you left.

168187[/snapback]

What does this mean?

168187[/snapback]

Who we accept has nothing to do with member count. It has a little to do with experience in the game, but there is also something else I won't discuss in a public forum. The randomly accepting people was in the guild's early days, and it has actually gotten us more good people than obnoxious ones. If you can't handle "completely newb" questions, then you shouldn't bother helping your friends out when they start playing the game.

168187[/snapback]

I'll need some specific names, along with what they did. If there is no evidence of this, I'll take it as just spouting steam. Also, no one is required to respect the player based rules, only the game rules. (I'm sure you know some disrespectful people, as there are more of them who aren't in RICH, than are)

168187[/snapback]

Originally, the "trial periods" were to be spent within the guild. That is where most people got the impression that we would accept anyone.

To not get along with me at all, you've got to be a complete a-hole. There is no other way to say it (shivar). :rolleyes:

Guildmasters are just as responsible for members actions as the members are, eh? I'll think about that one.

RICH started off bein anoying and will always be anoying and well they wont die.. ive tried to kill them but they just respawn in hell. :( so complaining is just pointless ive tried >.< they're just n00bs

168188[/snapback]

168251[/snapback]

So by the rules of the game and by your own admitions, its actually against the rules to lure us "n00bs" into PK and kill us. Isnt it against the rules to trick n00bs? :rolleyes: