Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chatterbug89

"free Stuff Please"

Well, you all know the typical n00b asking for free stuff...and if you are anyone who is smart you just ignore them. BUT!, do these n00bs actualy get anything? Well, it was up to me to find out and go undercover...I striped myself of all my pretty glow swords and arrmor and started on my journey.

I was able to get free stuff from people at IP beam and VOTD storage, but the people at DP storage wern't as friendly. So, you probaly don't htink I got much do you? Think twice...

From simply saying "Free Stuff Please" every once in a while I got the following...

168 Gold Coins

9 Fruits

4 Deer Antlers

18 branches

1 steel long sword

1 brown rabbit fur

1 leather arrmor

1 leather pants.

Once again, I did nothing else other than walk about with nothing on saying "Free Stuff Please". Pretty ironic eh? Anyways, that's it for Chatter's First Undercover investigation. Do N00bs get free stuff...YES...should you give them free stuff?...NO.

Oh yes, people learn that begging is fruitful, indeed. That's why I refuse to give out free stuff when someone asks. I once knew a newbie who came to beam every hour, at the same time per hour, and asked "free stuff plz". I tried once to teach them to sell flowers, and instead he pmed me with an onslaught of insults and swear words, claiming that I was the only idiot who never gave him anything.

We should start an AntiBegging Campaign :D

we should...and these results are proof...

People need to learn to earn their stuff lol.

Luckily thou...very few older players will give out free stuff...like I said with the DP storage...everyone just got angry there...since there arn't many newer players there. So there is still hope.

I sort of started running around with a glow sword, fancy cape, and arrmor after this :)

I guess I coudl create a new character that no one knows about and do it...and hten i can write a ful lthing on it. :D

But sure, i'll do it a couple more days when i'm bored.

EDIT: wow, just noticed..you and me joined the forums on the same day...weird lol.

Edited by chatterbug89

wow, just noticed..you and me joined the forums on the same day...weird lol.

167246[/snapback]

well actualy you were first since you are #3,699 and i am #3,722 .

If you can, check on the free healing too. I get the feeling that a lot of people are getting too used to being healed at beam, and even expecting it.

"Somebody heal me plz!"

-Lyn-

It's all junk lol :)

Anyway i think it would be interesting to find out wheter you were a female character while doing this. I am under the imprssion that female characters would get more then male characters. Maybe the next undercover project? :)

I used the same character that I always use...chatterbug89 ...which is a male character and in the Dark Guild currently.

As for healing...I saw variouse people healing n00bs thoughout the day. ;-)

Oh...whoever said all junk...before I started I had 0gc :-P now i'm rich :)

I don't realy ever bother making money anymore since I have everything I could want..thou more glowy swords would be nice...

try

free st00f plx and put it on ctrl v O.o

If you can, check on the free healing too. I get the feeling that a lot of people are getting too used to being healed at beam, and even expecting it.

"Somebody heal me plz!"

-Lyn-

167259[/snapback]

yeah, every now and then (maybe a couple of times a week) I'll go beam healing... then for a few hours later when one of the people I healed sees me, they'll sidle up to me and wait... then follow when I move... then ask for a heal

my general reply is that I only give free stuff when I want to.

begging is evil

yes, asking for free stuff is begging, begging isn't only being repetative and such

if you wanna know how to get money, ask that. don't ask for money. it will be far more productive

(and then when someone raises the 'what's the harm?' point)

just how much do we give out free? will we give out thermal serps when they reach a high level, because they never learned to play for themselves?

now... I'm all for helping people... which is why you should always refuse to give free stuff when asked(if you wanna do it, and decide yourself, that's different)

you help a newbie far more by getting them to learn to play themselves.

p.s. I love how someone(s) gave 18 branches ;)

Edited by ttlanhil

i also agree,

begging from newbies is a bit irritating.

usually if i have like a few ME's on hand and someone asks for a heal i might heal them

especially if ppl are scamming that newb.

example, last night a newbie was asking to be healed and that he would pay 90gc to be healed. later on he asked whether or not it was enough. a whole bunch of players chimed in saying no, it is not, give me like 150gc and i'll heal u.

so, i felt bad for the newb and healed him myself with NO charge also with a little help from asgnny, as i was out of ME's :D

-kat

I agree also. Begging n00bs are very annoying.. since you get pms from them saying "Do you have any stuff you don't need?", and trade requests before you can even answer. But i just like to tease them by trading them and showing them what i have in my inventory then cancling it when they're mouths are drewling :D

But, we were all n00bs once ourselves. Not just in EL but other games and it is nice for people to give you free stuff. But continus begging is extremly annoying.

I made 2k as a newb in just 2 hours of harvesting...

Why bother begging>

When someone begs, you know they are annoying and they must know it too, but ultimately it's you who will choose if you wanna do something for them or not. Why bother discouraging people of being nice if they want to. Begging is beneath me, for now, but I think El people are generally nice each time I get healed by the beam; and then I go on with being slaughtered by bunnies :D

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

167953[/snapback]

Been there, done that. :D

-Lyn-

Been there, done that. :P

-Lyn-

167958[/snapback]

I NEVER asked for healing. :P

I healed couple of n00bz myself though....

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

heal me plx

*heal me plx went to the same place goldy the goldfish went

(OOPS! misclick, didn't mean to heal that rabbit you were attacking! hehehe)

phr33 st00f pl0z

what a great idea chatterbug, 'Chatterbug Investigates' you should get a tv series...

if you ever need any help just gimme a call!:P