Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bakuron

Jacoblin.....uber B*****d

I AM A BIT OF A N00B...

AND I WAS MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED WHEN JACOBLIN DECIDED TO DESPOIL MY HOURS OF HARD WORK HARVESTING.

I HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THE LOOT GUILD AND AS A WAY OF PROVING MY WORTH TO THEM (A VERY HARD WORKING GROUP) I WANTED TO HELP ONE OF THE OTHER MEMBERS OUT.

I DECIDED TO HARVEST 2000 RR AND 2000 RED SNAP DRAGONS....WITHOUT AN EXCAVATOR CAPE.

I CAN ONLY CARRY 100 AND AS SUCH I HAD TO PUT THEM IN A BAG AND WAIT FOR THE OTHER PERSON TO COLLECT IT......

....NOW I ACCEPT THAT IT WAS A NOOBY THING TO DO TO LEAVE A BAG AROUND.....AND I ACCEPT THAT ITS NOT BREAKING SET RULES TO TAKE THIS BAG.....BUT I CANNOT ACCEPT THAT HE IS IN ANYWAY RIGHT TO DO SUCH A THING.

DESPITE THE REPEATED ATTEMPTS OF TRYING TO GET THE BAG BACK, HE REFUSED EVERY TIME AND WALKED OFF....CLAIMING HIS GUILD WOULD KILL ME.

MY ADVICE TO ALL: LEAVE HIM WELL ALONE.

a very upset bakuron

:P

I AM A BIT OF A N00B...

AND I WAS MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED WHEN JACOBLIN DECIDED TO DESPOIL MY HOURS OF HARD WORK HARVESTING.

I HAVE RECENTLY JOINED THE LOOT GUILD AND AS A WAY OF PROVING MY WORTH TO THEM (A VERY HARD WORKING GROUP) I WANTED TO HELP ONE OF THE OTHER MEMBERS OUT.

I DECIDED TO HARVEST 2000 RR AND 2000 RED SNAP DRAGONS....WITHOUT AN EXCAVATOR CAPE.

I CAN ONLY CARRY 100 AND AS SUCH I HAD TO PUT THEM IN A BAG AND WAIT FOR THE OTHER PERSON TO COLLECT IT......

....NOW I ACCEPT THAT IT WAS A NOOBY THING TO DO TO LEAVE A BAG AROUND.....AND I ACCEPT THAT ITS NOT BREAKING SET RULES TO TAKE THIS BAG.....BUT I CANNOT ACCEPT THAT HE IS IN ANYWAY RIGHT TO DO SUCH A THING.

DESPITE THE REPEATED ATTEMPTS OF TRYING TO GET THE BAG BACK, HE REFUSED EVERY TIME AND WALKED OFF....CLAIMING HIS GUILD WOULD KILL ME.

MY ADVICE TO ALL: LEAVE HIM WELL ALONE.

a very upset bakuron

:D

166816[/snapback]

Firstly..It's only flowers, who cares?

Secondly..Under tab and above shift is a button labeled "Caps Lock", press it to make your letters lowercase INSTEAD OF LIKE THIS.

Also if my calculations are correct, this story seems kinda dumb since..2000 RR + 2000 RS = Not take hours to harvest, and the VotD storage is like 2 seconds away from Red roses so storing would of actually been quicker then bagging.

Regards

_A_

Firstly..It's only flowers, who cares?

_A_ stealing "only flowers" is the same crime as stealing anything else, and I am surprised (or I should say: disappointed) by the way you replied to that post. Think about it.

_A_ stealing "only flowers" is the same crime as stealing anything else, and I am surprised (or I should  say: disappointed) by the way you replied to that post. Think about it.

166862[/snapback]

EEP.

I really didn't reply to this post the way I should of.

Since I somehow overlooked where he said He was somewhat a newbie, I thought well most people don't care about a couple hundred flowers since they are easy to harvest..

YES it is still stealing, and YES it still makes jacoblin an outlaw.

Sorry,

_A_

I was doing something similar yesterday and jackoblin jumped my bag with coal also.

This guy will steal anything just to be stealing it. He stole what would have taken him about 2 minutes to harvest.

First,

I AM A BIT OF A N00B...

Did I miss something?

Second,

_A_ stealing "only flowers" is the same crime as stealing anything else

Stealing a flower is NOT the same as stealing a titanium serpent sword. One is harvestable by three-second newbies, and one costs 10,000 gc. You obviously haven't a clue.

If you meant there is a 'principle' involved, then say the guy is an outlaw for stealing. However, I do not think you should be telling _a_ he reacted improperly for somebody spamming caps lock over flowers.

I AM A BIT OF A N00B...

166816[/snapback]

First, this is spamming, and is as well illegal. Don use your caps just for fun, please, is consedered very impolite, and will do you no good to post these thing in that way.

I was doing something similar yesterday and jackoblin jumped my bag with coal also.

This guy will steal anything just to be stealing it.  He stole what would have taken him about 2 minutes to harvest.

166985[/snapback]

Jimmy, nothing against you, but, don't you learn from your errors?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...topic=15146&hl=

First,

Did I miss something?

Second,

Stealing a flower is NOT the same as stealing a titanium serpent sword. One is harvestable by three-second newbies, and one costs 10,000 gc. You obviously haven't a clue.

If you meant there is a 'principle' involved, then say the guy is an outlaw for stealing. However, I do not think you should be telling _a_ he reacted improperly for somebody spamming caps lock over flowers.

167276[/snapback]

Fully agree with you and _a_, it is not the same, and it take much less time to take more flowers that to worry about who is going to give back your stuff.

The bag playing is a way to play, with its advantages and disadvantages. If you play with bags you know that:

1.- You can get scammed easily,.

2.- You can get bagjumped, and IT IS NOT ILLEGAL, so, the conversation about this is over.

3.- The bag can disappear, or are you going someday to complain also about that?????

Another way to play is w/o bags, then you know that:

1.- Your carry capacity is limited.

2.- You have to trade large amount by standing long times at storage, and you can0't do any other thing while you are trading.

So, dudes, if you want the advantages of bags, then accept also their risks. If you don't want to take the risks don's use bags. Even a child could understand that. :)

[edit]: Removed some text from the quotation, was so long.

Edited by i92guboj

WITH REGUARDS TO THE CAPS....apologies.

with reguards to join date.....irrelevant, i havent been playing for that whole time, i only recently came back and am a noob.....you dont have to be new to be one you know.

with reguards to the "risks of bags".....agreed, however this outlaws section is here for the express purpose of reporting such incidents.

if there is something that is rude about my use of caps locks, then surely bag jumping is a criminal offence in comparison.

You must be kidding Kala. Stealing is stealing. No more comments.

Stealing is stealing. No more comments.

Indeed I will comment!

While Kala was too strong to say 'you obviously haven't a clue' (showing her usual charm bypass :) ), I do agree with her view on the contents of the bag reflect the severity of the crime.

To be pissed off at a bag of fruit, newbie or not, seems a bit extreme. What would you be more annoyed with having stolen, bag of fruit or tit serp?

It you say they are the same, then maybe I could swap some of my fruit and veg for any decent waepons you might have? :)

the principle is total separate to the gravity of a crime...if you cannot appreciate that you should probably bypass posting on this outlaw forum instead of bypassing on charm.

it took me hours to get those flowes with lag, resyncing and no excavator cloak. it mattered a great deal when they wer stolen and i am dissapointed that people would question that.

the principle is total separate to the gravity of a crime...if you cannot appreciate that you should probably bypass posting on this outlaw forum instead of bypassing on charm.

it took me hours to get those flowes with lag, resyncing and no excavator cloak. it mattered a great deal when they wer stolen and i am dissapointed that people would question that.

167429[/snapback]

1.- Yeah! If you use this forum to post things that ARE NOT ILLEGAL then other people can use it to bypass charm.

2.- I lag more than any other, because I use a 56k modem in a 48k max. phone line. That is part of the game. I also don't own a excavator cloak.

3.- None is questioning that you are dissapointed, of course you are, but, as I said before, bags=risks, if you understand that stop claiming, if you don't: stop playing.

I am not a bagjumper and I think the same as you: the people that bagjumps are just bored people that have nothing else better to do, but they do exists, and, like in real life, they will always be waiting for you to make a mistake and jump over your bag. If you can't stand that then you need more will (in real life I mean).

its funny coz i was in diamond mines yesterday and i92guboj was in there fighting gargs. he was lagging badly and died and i held his bag. i didnt know it was his at the time so i went into newb channel and asked if anyone leost a bag and i92guboj pm me and said it was his and i remembered seeing him in the cave so i said yep come get it. THEn jackoblin pmed me and said yes its my bag..... i replied with " i know you, your a scammer" then he didnt reply back ;) i92guboj got his bag back :P so yeah jackoblin is a scamer....

its funny coz i was in diamond mines yesterday and  i92guboj was in there fighting gargs.    he was lagging badly and died and i held his bag.  i didnt know it was his at the time  so i went into newb channel and asked if anyone leost a bag and i92guboj pm me and said it was his and i remembered seeing him in the cave so i said yep come get it.  THEn jackoblin pmed me and said yes its my bag.....  i replied with " i know you,  your a scammer"  then he didnt reply back :P  i92guboj got his bag back :D  so yeah jackoblin is a scamer....

167591[/snapback]

Yes, and I am very gratefull for that ;) But I also lost things many times. I never asked for my stuff back here or in the game channels, I know that if I die I can lose things and I accept it as a natural part of the game.

I don't use to die so often, but sometimes I cant avoid it because I am using a 56k modem in a 48k phone line and sometimes I lag during combats. I am getting used to it and I usually just go to storage and get new stuff when I die. In fact, when you posted that in channel 1 I was near the Nordcarn storage... Of course, when someone find the stuff and returns it I can't do any other thing that feel gratefull, but I could not do that if the returning of bags were a must. In fact, I return all the bags that I find if I can find the owner of that bag, but that is a personal way of thinking, and may not be shared by other people.

Again, thanks for the bag! :D

your welcome :P im the same.  what goes around comes around and ive always had bag returns from people.  be good and good with come to you :D

167599[/snapback]

i fail to see how you can argue with this topic being posted in this forum.....bagjumping is not a nice thing, even if its not a crime and as such the people that do it should be pointed out to the rest of the community.

therefore i suggest you;

1. ask mods to change the point of the forum.

2. stop posting in the forum.

3. apologise for your nonsensical contentions and agreew with this thread.

ok ;)

Bakuron

Harvest: 23/23

That's 2k flowers, even for higher lvl harvesters that would still take a while

and the fact is, stealing IS stealing the flowers may of not been worth as much as a titan serp, but the principle of STEALING is there

End of? Not quite....

Er, what crime? He didnt commit a crime. And please don't comment on my right to post my point of view. I am entitled, and was respectful.

I have noticed that ppl who are so eager to complain about supposed crimes, etc, are the first to resort to insults and name calling. Weird huh?

As for contents of bag reflecting the severity of the crime... ask yourself would you ever leave a tit serp in a bag? And ask yourself, if someone takes a bag with 1 veg is it the same as 100 veg, a 1000 veg, a tit serp?

As for contents of bag reflecting the severity of the crime... ask yourself would you ever leave a tit serp in a bag? And ask yourself, if someone takes a bag with 1 veg is it the same as 100 veg, a 1000 veg, a tit serp?

168057[/snapback]

clearly you dont understand the word principle...please look it up in a dictionary before replying.

now as far as this event is concerned....no its not a crime.....but this is the place to warn people about bagjumpers.

i did that and there is no arguing with that....END OF!

End of? Nope - it ain't.

My original points still stand. As do my questions which I notice you havent answered.

clearly you dont understand the word principle...please look it up in a dictionary before replying.

Is there a need for such a remark? Have I insulted you? No. Why do you want to turn this into a flame thread? As I already said....

I have noticed that ppl who are so eager to complain about supposed crimes, etc, are the first to resort to insults and name calling. Weird huh?

Thank you for proving my point.

And to repeat:

your question is rhetorical...i certainly havent insulted you....and you still clearly do not understand principle...hence you reinstating your point about the gravity of the action.

if you cannot appreciate that you should probably bypass posting on this outlaw forum instead of bypassing on charm.

clearly you dont understand the word principle...please look it up in a dictionary before replying

.... ARE insults.

according to you, if I said 'I happen to think you have no idea what you are talking about and need to think about what you are saying before replying', this wouldn't be an insult. I happen to think it is, so I won't say it.

and you still clearly do not understand principle...hence you reinstating your point about the gravity of the action.

You just cannot bring yourself to answer my question or debate the issue can you? Hence my repetition. The gist of all your posts directed at me are: I need to read a dictionary and I don't understand. The gist of my posts directed at you is a legitimate issue about the root point of this thread. See a difference here? Cos I do.

According to you, someone who takes a bag with 1 veg is behaving the same way as a person who takes a bag with a tit serp. The contents of the bag DO reflect the severity of the crime.

My question isn't rhetorical, it is a valid point that you won't respond to.

Edited by SitDownAtStorag

SitDownAtStorag, he will not answer your questions because he is one of the people who wants you to just agree with him instead of arguing. Continuing will be like hitting a brick wall, and will only cause you harm. You are better off finding more... Conversational people.

now as far as this event is concerned....no its not a crime.....but this is the place to warn people about bagjumpers.

i did that and there is no arguing with that....END OF!

Erm, not quite. Report bagjumpers, yes. But leave it at that, no. We can discuss the severity of the crime. Otherwise people could post messages such as 'Mr Blah is a bag jumper - avoid', and we have to take it on face value. It'd be too easy to ruin someones reputation over a small matter/mistake/triviality.

And no one is arguing.

And what's with all the 'END OF's?

Personally, I think Sitdownatstorag and Kala are quite right. Someone steals 5 pounds off me, or someone steals my prized, valuable, rare, titanium sword. What would annoy me more? Hmmm.....

Yes, an act of theft has taken place here. But IMO not all acts of theft are the same. But as mentioned, this is my humble opinion - I would be curious to see what a law student/graduate has to say about this. A lot of fuss for a virtual theft? Yup - but I am curious to what an expert has to say.

Edited by MarantZ